The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Chicago! Introducing myself.

Oneman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 21, 2013
Hi Everyone --

I'm new to the forum as of yesterday. I live and work out of Chicago, IL in the slowlane; my job is as a sales pro of a content management system for the local government. Read TMF for the first time this week and feel confident that I'll be able to work the process to build a fastlane business.

My aim is to build a SaaS application. For who - who knows yet? To do what - who knows yet? I haven't identified a problem to be solved. To get started, I've compiled lists of the top 50 cleaning companies, moving companies, chiropractors and physical therapists in LA, Chicago, NY and San Francisco. They'll all be getting e-mails requesting time to chat about their businesses. I listened to a Dane Maxwell podcast on idea extraction, and decided to use his tactics. I was also able to speak with my own PT this afternoon, and while I didn't identify a winning idea, it really turned my brain on to the way I'll need to think about this. And the types of conversations I'll be having.

I look forward to being here. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pbl24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 23, 2012
Chicago, IL
Hi Everyone --

I'm new to the forum as of yesterday. I live and work out of Chicago, IL in the slowlane; my job is as a sales pro of a content management system for the local government. Read TMF for the first time this week and feel confident that I'll be able to work the process to build a fastlane business.

My aim is to build a SaaS application. For who - who knows yet? To do what - who knows yet? I haven't identified a problem to be solved. To get started, I've compiled lists of the top 50 cleaning companies, moving companies, chiropractors and physical therapists in LA, Chicago, NY and San Francisco. They'll all be getting e-mails requesting time to chat about their businesses. I listened to a Dane Maxwell podcast on idea extraction, and decided to use his tactics. I was also able to speak with my own PT this afternoon, and while I didn't identify a winning idea, it really turned my brain on to the way I'll need to think about this. And the types of conversations I'll be having.

Welcome. Good to see Chicago representing. What part are you from?

Genester

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jun 23, 2013
Awesome, I'm also from the Chicago area. I live in Wheeling. Would you guys be interested in setting up a meetup? Shoot me an email if you're interested gmil88@gmail.com.

pbl24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 23, 2012
Chicago, IL
Awesome, I'm also from the Chicago area. I live in Wheeling. Would you guys be interested in setting up a meetup? Shoot me an email if you're interested gmil88@gmail.com.

I'm downtown in the Streeterville area. It'd be cool to meetup for coffee or something if either one of you guys (or both) are interested.

Genester

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jun 23, 2013
Yea I'm interested in meeting up for Coffee. Let's see what Oneman says.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Welcome fellow Chitowner!

I live in the Los Angeles area, now, but grew up around in Westown.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
Welcome! I'm in Madison, WI but love Chicago. Also in the software sales business too.

botnickguy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jul 20, 2011
Detroit, Michigan
Nice to meet you! And good luck with your pursuits, I'm glad to hear you're looking to solve problems. This actually inspires me in a lot of ways and gives me ideas. I'm new to the whole fastlane thing as well, but it's nice to hear someone as genuine as you are. I wish you luck, and enjoy the forum.

Hi Everyone --

Oneman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 21, 2013
Lots of action in our area! Thank you all for saying hello. I'm north of downtown in the Lincoln Park area, and would love to meet for coffee.

cdrag

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Dec 11, 2012
Chicago
Very cool to meet another Chicagoan - I work downtown and live in chicago - north side

If anyone schedules a meet 'n' greet count me in!

dfw1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jan 3, 2010
Dallas TX
I love Chicago especially in the summer time, but live in Dallas now. Miss the food. Grew up in Westchester IL and Lived in Cicero for 14 (long) years. After that came to Texas. Not bad and everything is very affordable.

faromic

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
I'm also from Chicago area...live in Orland park I'd be interested in attending the meetup as we'll

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...