Hello, guys! My name is Ovidiu. I am 26 yo, living in Romania. I am currently employed as a developer. In my spare time, I built a portfolio for myself to attract clients for freelance work. I am sick of being employed. My goal right now is to quit my job, get freelance clients to build apps and websites, find a need in this market and then create a business around that need.
I would start a business right now, but I don't really have an idea and I haven't found a pain bad enough around me, worth building a business around. I have worked with startups until now, and the biggest problem I see with the startups I worked with is the initial investment in time and money without getting validation from the market, which seems really risky and unnecessary.
Anyway, back to the purpose of this post:
This post is to track my transition from employee to freelancer and from there to entrepreneur.
Current progress:
What I want is to land jobs for entire projects (apps or websites) as I don't want to be paid by the hour. How I see this is I am not giving business owners websites, I am helping them communicate better to clients so they increase their profits. To achieve this, I will start recording Loom videos where I offer some value nuggets to small and medium businesses in my area about how they could improve their website and hopefully they will get me to do it.
Goals for this week:
Goals for the month of November: Land two websites with local businesses
I will make a post every week to track my progress. Thank you for reading !
I would start a business right now, but I don't really have an idea and I haven't found a pain bad enough around me, worth building a business around. I have worked with startups until now, and the biggest problem I see with the startups I worked with is the initial investment in time and money without getting validation from the market, which seems really risky and unnecessary.
Anyway, back to the purpose of this post:
This post is to track my transition from employee to freelancer and from there to entrepreneur.
Current progress:
- I have built my website
- Applied to 5 jobs on upwork.
- Tomorrow I have a call with a potential client from upwork. The job doesn't pay that great but I need the initial reviews.
What I want is to land jobs for entire projects (apps or websites) as I don't want to be paid by the hour. How I see this is I am not giving business owners websites, I am helping them communicate better to clients so they increase their profits. To achieve this, I will start recording Loom videos where I offer some value nuggets to small and medium businesses in my area about how they could improve their website and hopefully they will get me to do it.
Goals for this week:
- Record videos for 5 businesses
- Apply to 10 new jobs on upwork
- Take the algorithm test on toptal
Goals for the month of November: Land two websites with local businesses
I will make a post every week to track my progress. Thank you for reading !
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
