The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Freedom To Choose

Erik_Mark

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 5, 2022
Tucson AZ
Hi Guys,

I have had the entrepreneur bug for a long time but never acted on it. I remember reading the 4 hour workweek (I know, I know) and desperately wanting to start a business, but didn't know how, or anyone else who had. Finally now in my late 30's I am 5 classes from a BS in Cloud Computing to realize, I am tired of IT and the rat race. Hoping it is not too late for me.

I stumbled onto The Millionaire Fastlane after reading a few books from the Rich Dad (I know, I know) series and searching Youtube for book reviews for best actionable business books. I feel Mj's book helped put the pieces together for me. I'm 50% through Unscripted as I write this. Thanks to a few posts in this forum, I purchased the items the other day to begin testing for a business idea I've had. I don't want to write and not follow through so maybe after I have some data I will post on it. Very happy to be part of the group and excited for the future!

The hope of freedom\choice, would be to control my time by helping as many people as possible, through making something more convenient\efficient. Possibly like MJ did through a lead generation B to C site. Still searching for the problem to solve, but for now, I'm happy just to try to start selling physical products.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

2dads

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
Welcome on board mate, 4 hour work week is not a bad book. I think a lot of people send some hate on it, but like any book - take from it and apply it, if it works great!

Too many people read a book and think that is it, now I am set - but don't action. I know I have and I got stuck with needing to know more and more, without actually doing anything.

Enjoy the rest of Unscripted , great read and once again - it seems like your actually doing something, which is a big win!

Best of luck

Erik_Mark

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 5, 2022
Tucson AZ
Welcome on board mate, 4 hour work week is not a bad book. I think a lot of people send some hate on it, but like any book - take from it and apply it, if it works great!

Too many people read a book and think that is it, now I am set - but don't action. I know I have and I got stuck with needing to know more and more, without actually doing anything.

Enjoy the rest of Unscripted , great read and once again - it seems like your actually doing something, which is a big win!

Best of luck

Thanks 2dads, I agree, I honestly enjoyed 4HWW but I know how people feel about it, and I relate with the collecting information. I feel like I constantly get caught in that trap, I binged all of MJ's videos on Youtube, and running through the books, not sure what it is, fear maybe? But like you said, I bought the stuff so I will do the testing if it works out, I'll take a risk and invest some real money.

Coming from an IT background I feel like I could pick up the web design thing in a reasonable time, but having trouble coming up with an idea that I feel I could make profitable, so I'm still sort of looking at that as an option, but found a few Amazon 'holes' for items I believe could be repurposed and marketed. I know the real opportunity to help folks is with some sort of lead generation, just not aware of business needs at the moment, but keeping an eye out!

2dads

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
Thanks 2dads, I agree, I honestly enjoyed 4HWW but I know how people feel about it, and I relate with the collecting information. I feel like I constantly get caught in that trap, I binged all of MJ's videos on Youtube, and running through the books, not sure what it is, fear maybe? But like you said, I bought the stuff so I will do the testing if it works out, I'll take a risk and invest some real money.

Coming from an IT background I feel like I could pick up the web design thing in a reasonable time, but having trouble coming up with an idea that I feel I could make profitable, so I'm still sort of looking at that as an option, but found a few Amazon 'holes' for items I believe could be repurposed and marketed. I know the real opportunity to help folks is with some sort of lead generation, just not aware of business needs at the moment, but keeping an eye out!

It is funny you mention web design, I have only recently started my own web design business. Currently building two sites, for my portfolio and have discovered a good web site is one which works for the customer.

One Client wants a booking system for his service-based business as many customers want to book and pay right away. However the other client, who is in a similar industry does not want this but stronger push for his most profitable work being SHED BUILDS and HOME AUTOMATION.

@Fox has some great content here, check it out –> I am no Coder, my views on website display and what not is pretty average, but my understanding of a customer's needs and wants = will get me to the next level and out of this rat race eventually.

Erik_Mark

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 5, 2022
Tucson AZ
It is funny you mention web design, I have only recently started my own web design business. Currently building two sites, for my portfolio and have discovered a good web site is one which works for the customer.

One Client wants a booking system for his service-based business as many customers want to book and pay right away. However the other client, who is in a similar industry does not want this but stronger push for his most profitable work being SHED BUILDS and HOME AUTOMATION.

@Fox has some great content here, check it out –> I am no Coder, my views on website display and what not is pretty average, but my understanding of a customer's needs and wants = will get me to the next level and out of this rat race eventually.
Thanks for the tip I'll check @Fox stuff, I saw that he had a course posted, very interested in the reviews from it, didn't know if it was still relevant, not saying anything bad, just speaking out of ignorance. I honestly just didn't know if websites were still being designed or if businesses were just using templates and SAAS apps. At the moment I have an ok slowlane job, but I am desperate for freedom, I think throughout my life but especially now, I have had real FTEs, but no idea how to do anything else. I'm from a blue-collar auto worker type of family, which is why I thought school was the only way to wealth. Sadly I'm 38 and just really beginning to understand.

I had an epiphany recently, which started this whole journey, I woke up one day and realized, the most I could really make in my field would realistically be $150K a year working as a admin\architect, and I thought, how does anyone make more than that?

2dads

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
Thanks for the tip I'll check @Fox stuff, I saw that he had a course posted, very interested in the reviews from it, didn't know if it was still relevant, not saying anything bad, just speaking out of ignorance. I honestly just didn't know if websites were still being designed or if businesses were just using templates and SAAS apps. At the moment I have an ok slowlane job, but I am desperate for freedom, I think throughout my life but especially now, I have had real FTEs, but no idea how to do anything else. I'm from a blue-collar auto worker type of family, which is why I thought school was the only way to wealth. Sadly I'm 38 and just really beginning to understand.

I had an epiphany recently, which started this whole journey, I woke up one day and realized, the most I could really make in my field would realistically be $150K a year working as a admin\architect, and I thought, how does anyone make more than that?

I am in my 2nd month of Fox academy, doing the monthly pay as you go method. The cost is about $150 AUD.

Finding great value, with the course & facebook group access. I am a fan, it sounds like our background is similar - I am an external sales rep (currently covering internal) & about to change companys...

Taking home good money for my age & education, (currently about $80-$100K a year) + company car

My moment was watching my father work himself stupid, just do lose a huge amount of SUPER/401K due to the market and have to work further into the grave - combined with my own mothers health decline and her passing.

I am not standing by to have the same happen with my wife or family.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
not sure what it is, fear maybe?

Might be expectations. Your first few failed business attempts likely lead to the next success. Problem is, most people "try" once and give up.

Welcome aboard, great to have ya.

Erik_Mark

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 5, 2022
Tucson AZ
I am in my 2nd month of Fox academy, doing the monthly pay as you go method. The cost is about $150 AUD.

Finding great value, with the course & facebook group access. I am a fan, it sounds like our background is similar - I am an external sales rep (currently covering internal) & about to change companys...

Taking home good money for my age & education, (currently about $80-$100K a year) + company car

My moment was watching my father work himself stupid, just do lose a huge amount of SUPER/401K due to the market and have to work further into the grave - combined with my own mothers health decline and her passing.

I am not standing by to have the same happen with my wife or family.
It's funny my first day I was looking at the Legends program from Fox's post and thinking about joining, ($95/month US). I liked that it seems to be a complete solution, as far as teaching (obviously I would need to do the work). I've never done much in the realm of sales so that was something I was really interested in.

I would really love to join, but I am really close to having my degree complete, which literally eats up 80% of my free time:

Is the program self-paced?
How much time do you spend on the program/week?
How far off do you estimate having your first client?

I think overall as I said, I would like to do some kind of lead generation site. To me, it's the way to help the most people possible in the shortest period of time. Also, I gave you a follow, would love to keep in touch if you're open to it.

Erik_Mark

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 5, 2022
Tucson AZ
Might be expectations. Your first few failed business attempts likely lead to the next success. Problem is, most people "try" once and give up.

Welcome aboard, great to have ya.
Thanks MJ, I agree, maybe fear of failure(s). I'm just going to keep on reading your books, and stay on the forum. I read your 67 steps and am doing my utmost to segregate my ego from the result of failure. To paraphrase you, the market doesn't care about me, it wants what it wants.

2dads

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
It's funny my first day I was looking at the Legends program from Fox's post and thinking about joining, ($95/month US). I liked that it seems to be a complete solution, as far as teaching (obviously I would need to do the work). I've never done much in the realm of sales so that was something I was really interested in.

I would really love to join, but I am really close to having my degree complete, which literally eats up 80% of my free time:

Is the program self-paced?
How much time do you spend on the program/week?
How far off do you estimate having your first client?

I think overall as I said, I would like to do some kind of lead generation site. To me, it's the way to help the most people possible in the shortest period of time. Also, I gave you a follow, would love to keep in touch if you're open to it.

Is the program self-paced? yes delivered in video format

How much time do you spend on the program/week? As much as you can, you can do 4hours a day if you have it free. I have been doing on average about 5-6 hours a week

How far off do you estimate having your first client? Since I started, I met one of my customers in my full time role, he mentioned expanding his business. His site had an error (was trying to confirm his address) he mentioned his site was shit & he needs one done.

Explained what I was doing and it is going from there, currently have 2 projects on the go at the moment. His will make my first paid (full site) if he takes it up.

Erik_Mark

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 5, 2022
Tucson AZ
Is the program self-paced? yes delivered in video format

How much time do you spend on the program/week? As much as you can, you can do 4hours a day if you have it free. I have been doing on average about 5-6 hours a week

How far off do you estimate having your first client? Since I started, I met one of my customers in my full time role, he mentioned expanding his business. His site had an error (was trying to confirm his address) he mentioned his site was shit & he needs one done.

Explained what I was doing and it is going from there, currently have 2 projects on the go at the moment. His will make my first paid (full site) if he takes it up.
That's pretty awesome man! I don't know if I have heard of a situation where you pay for training and the ROI is that quick. I will definitely think about joining up, at the moment I am kind of trying to launch an idea I had and have been putting the little extra cash I have into that.

I am a self-starter and have done several video courses for PowerShell and python, so I know I'm cabable, I'm just so close and stretched a little thin (trying to pass a required exam for AWS SysOps). Like I said I would be very interested in hearing how you do and how things go with your situation, not as a 'review' but because I would truly like to hear about your victories, it's motivating!

I really appreciate the interaction, I've kind of always been a lurker on forums like these because of a fear of not actually having any interaction, thank you 2dads!

2dads

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
It will surprise you with how quickly you can make $$$ if you look. I hope you take action and get to where you want.

Feel free to shoot me a pm, I doubt I know much - but I know a little. If you rock up you will beat those who never show up.

Best of luck Pal

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...