The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FREE $250 adwords coupon (new accounts) Exp jan 31 '09

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Thanks!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Thanks, but you have to type in a unique coupon code that comes in targeted snail mail. Oh well!

from what i was told (havn't had a chance to sign up yet) you get the code when you enter your billing info. because you have to apply the code with in a few days or it expires.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Bump, for those that didn't see it, there is over $500 worth of free adverting coupons on this page.

Just testing out the Facebook ads for myself tonight, and so far it looks like a decent way to get some traffic, not sure about conversions but for free, it is certainly worth a go.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

patientPrince$$

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Nov 13, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Bump, for those that didn't see it, there is over $500 worth of free adverting coupons on this page.

Just testing out the Facebook ads for myself tonight, and so far it looks like a decent way to get some traffic, not sure about conversions but for free, it is certainly worth a go.

So this is only for new accounts?I'm not sure if too be upset or happy that I DIDNT SEE THIS 2 WEEKS AGO. ARRRRRRRRR I have 2 campaigns that I'm currently running but I put a measly $60 dollars and got about 90 clicks. I'm new to adwords but I've been studying Perry Marshals THe Definitive Guide and so far its been alot of fun. I read on some AM blogs that some people drop $100+ a day, I'm like whaaaaaaaat. My bid max for the day is about $10.00. I recently got 2 orders from my bookstore [amazon], and VERY EXCITED ABOUT THAT. Its only $.88 but thats progress. http://wwww.urbancitybooks . com

Question: Can I open the account with another name?

I must say that I'm very thankful to this forum for the resources, the encouragement to start my ventures. THANKS AGAIN !

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
The Adwords link requires a special promo code which isn't available. ...So don't kick yourself about losing out. Good to know that Adwords does do promos with such great value though!

patientPrince$$

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Nov 13, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
If anyone needs the PDf you can PM me, its about 200+ pages

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
FYI on the code, when you sign up, the code gets mailed to you afterwords then you can apply it. this is what i have heard so far

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

do you have to have a facebook account to run these? everytime i try to sign up for FB advertising or myspace advertising... the page just shows up blank, on both sites. cant ever figure out what the deal is.

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
I had some small luck with Facebook Ads, but I've also had some serious headaches. Here's what I have gathered from my personal experience.

The good:
Easy to target very specific demographics.
Easy and fast to create ads.
Ads display very quickly after approval.

The bad:
Conversions on anything purchase based is shit, but Facebook is mostly broke college kids so it's not a huge surprise.
Lead Gen for dating is the route to go, but most of the AM ballers have the FB market on lock.
Sometimes getting ads approved is an absolute nightmare.

Double check all of the billing and invoicing that FB does. I just went back through mine and I've been getting weekly charges for campaigns that were supposed to be paused...Sigh...

Don't be afraid to jump out of your own demographic and target people that are completely different than yourself. It's easier to find less saturated markets that way. Dating offers targeted at single, straight males between 18-26....That ship has sailed unless you have some really innovative ideas. What about dating offers for single gays in their late 20s to early 30s...That was where my FB money was made.

I'm sure that there is still plenty of money to be made of FB, but I'm not going to search for it right now...

If you have coupons for free PPC then my suggestion would be:

Find an offer that is just plain converting, even if it isn't great.
Bid through the roof.
Burn off your free money.
Kill or pause the campaign and go back through your data and see if it would be sustainable and profitable on a normal daily budget.

patientPrince$$

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Nov 13, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I signed up for the facebook ads and the codes were successful - only the first 2 didn't work. I got $175 credited to my account. I'm going to try out the adwords with another card but I hope google doesn't ban me. I'm not sure if thats against TOS.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
do you have to have a facebook account to run these? everytime i try to sign up for FB advertising or myspace advertising... the page just shows up blank, on both sites. cant ever figure out what the deal is.

I don't think you do, just a credit card

Advertising | Facebook

Although I do have a facebook account so I'm not completely sure. But that page shouldn't be blank. I'd guess a problem with your computer's settings, since both pages are unrelated.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I had some small luck with Facebook Ads, but I've also had some serious headaches. Here's what I have gathered from my personal experience.

The good:
Easy to target very specific demographics.
Easy and fast to create ads.
Ads display very quickly after approval.

The bad:
Conversions on anything purchase based is shit, but Facebook is mostly broke college kids so it's not a huge surprise.
Lead Gen for dating is the route to go, but most of the AM ballers have the FB market on lock.
Sometimes getting ads approved is an absolute nightmare.

Double check all of the billing and invoicing that FB does. I just went back through mine and I've been getting weekly charges for campaigns that were supposed to be paused...Sigh...

Don't be afraid to jump out of your own demographic and target people that are completely different than yourself. It's easier to find less saturated markets that way. Dating offers targeted at single, straight males between 18-26....That ship has sailed unless you have some really innovative ideas. What about dating offers for single gays in their late 20s to early 30s...That was where my FB money was made.

I'm sure that there is still plenty of money to be made of FB, but I'm not going to search for it right now...

If you have coupons for free PPC then my suggestion would be:

Find an offer that is just plain converting, even if it isn't great.
Bid through the roof.
Burn off your free money.
Kill or pause the campaign and go back through your data and see if it would be sustainable and profitable on a normal daily budget.

Based on my experiences so far I'd say your observations are very accurate. It seems that very general markets work best: dating, make money, 6 pack abs, dieting etc.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I don't think you do, just a credit card

Advertising | Facebook

Although I do have a facebook account so I'm not completely sure. But that page shouldn't be blank. I'd guess a problem with your computer's settings, since both pages are unrelated.

Must be IE7, i just did it through AOL (the program, LOL) and it came up... how weird!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This doesn't work unless you have the coupon code (supposedly mailed to you.) I went thru the entire process, added a credit card, and nothing.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
yup like i mentioned, from what it says on the first page of the offer..... you will be mailed a mailer after you sign up. Not sure how long it takes to get the mailer.... guess i will find out, if not i risked $5 on a potential $245 return.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.