The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Found a motivation! I want to go live in Brazil!

Supercar

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona
Work (most of my income is location independent), meet interesting people, make new friends, experience different cultures more intimately than a one-week vacation would afford. Then decide where next to go from there.
Does this forum have a thread about location-independent jobs or businesses (outside of the IT variety)?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Supercar

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona
I'd say Rio and Sao paulo are a bad idea. Anything to the north and it's too hot, and I mean too hot 40C+ all day long and in the winter 33-35C. Also look at the demographics, south has more caucasians north has more africans, what you choose depends on your personal tastes.

I don't think the idea that if you don't have a good social circle with hot women in a large city where you currently live, you'll be able to get one here automatically. It will take just as much effort as anywhere else.

Crime is a thing you need to worry about, granted not as much if you look imposing (exercise, height etc), and don't go into bad areas, wear jewelry etc. Don't pick fights in nightclubs even in VIP and table areas, as an outsider you won't know who you can fight without being stabbed afterwards.

The culture here is different, specially among the elite, if you make enemies you'll likely get assassinated. That is so normal people joke about it, and use it to discourage you from fighting or annoying them (They'll say things like: "You know an assassin costs X$." and smile).

The police here is bad, most of the time there won't even be a murder investigation, the psychos abuse it of course.

One particular group you might not expect to be dangerous are farmers, don't mess with one. They are basically rich men that are used to killing, they have to be (in here if some people 5+ come in to your land and set up a house there or plant stuff, the government will give that land to them, but this rarely happens because those people have a tendency to disappear). You'll recognize them by their boots, elaborated belt buckles, and expensive looking lumberjack and polo shirts.

In general I'd recommend building an elite social circle where you live or in a better party city instead. There are great programs on this topic, google RSD Luke. But if you want to come live here for a few years it's fine and you'll have a good time with proper planning and research..
Thank you for the crime awareness and personal safety advice. Good and useful advice.

That pickup artist stuff is too creepy for me. I do not enjoy or need any of that superficial social stuff. I am perfectly fine with a couple of friends and a girlfriend. Usually new girlfriends come with a few friends of their own, and that is a plenty of socializing for me already. Not interested in expanding that. It is important to some people but not to me.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Thank you for the crime awareness and personal safety advice. Good and useful advice.

That pickup artist stuff is too creepy for me. I do not enjoy or need any of that superficial social stuff. I am perfectly fine with a couple of friends and a girlfriend. Usually new girlfriends come with a few friends of their own, and that is a plenty of socializing for me already. Not interested in expanding that. It is important to some people but not to me.
Aren't those guys like 50 years old?

There are plenty of Facebook meetups groups. You can also meet people at hostels and bars.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
He got to meet the Mayor of Houston, Texas in Chile and the Chillean President.
I'm from Houston. What was the mayor of Houston doing meeting with the Chilean president? At least I don't live in the city proper so my tax dollars didn't pay for it.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
I have been to all the places you mentioned except Brazil. Never been to South America.

Russian and Eastern European women are amazing. Slim, tall and dress like dolls/models. Very well educated. A lot of them have Master Degree.
I have this idea of going to Russia in a few years and live there for 3 months to study russian, learn from the culture, etc. Would you recommend it?

ed_ten_72

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 8, 2019
Depends on what you want. Where are you from?

I assume that you want to know Russian girls.

They follow more traditional dating norms. Men pick up the the tap for everything. They like to receive flowers on their date.

They look for marriage seriously in their early 20s because quality men are limited there (due to alcoholism). If they get above 25 the competition will be tough because you have new group of 18year old flushing into the market.

So they are not interested in no rxu
Wow, feels like you see the whole picture. You should also point out that since you're "potential husband from abroad" you shouldn't expect sincere attitude. She will play her role till the end. Because most of them have this dream of "running away from this ****hole".

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Wow, feels like you see the whole picture. You should also point out that since you're "potential husband from abroad" you shouldn't expect sincere attitude. She will play her role till the end. Because most of them have this dream of "running away from this ****hole".
If you are worried about being used as a green card provider you can always look for Eastern European expats working in your country with a decent paying job.

Someone pretending to be nice is always better than someone genuinely being nasty, in my opinion.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Depends on what you want. Where are you from?

I assume that you want to know Russian girls.

They follow more traditional dating norms. Men pick up the the tap for everything. They like to receive flowers on their date.

They look for marriage seriously in their early 20s because quality men are limited there (due to alcoholism). If they get above 25 the competition will be tough because you have new group of 18year old flushing into the market.

So they are not interested in no rxu
Girls are part of the package sure but not the number 1 objective. Is more about the life experience, especially seeing so many sex addicted guys coming to Brasil just to F*ck lol.

Based on what you are saying dating wise it might be a good choose when I get to my 30s and pretend to settle down with a LTR.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Girls are part of the package sure but not the number 1 objective. Is more about the life experience, especially seeing so many sex addicted guys coming to Brasil just to F*ck lol.

Based on what you are saying dating wise it might be a good choose when I get to my 30s and pretend to settle down with a LTR.
Depends on what experience you would like. Russia is still a resource economy. Generally people looking for business experience and growth in a non western country I would recommend Chinese cities like Shanghai and Shen zhen. It has the most vibrant start-up ecosystem. Money, talents, consumer market and advanced infrastructure are all there.

A lot of expats are there too so you wont be lonely.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.