What's new

Forward Momentum

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Time And Again

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jun 15, 2015
Messages
15
Location
Southern Idaho
Rep Bank
$105
User Power: 47%
Forward Momentum
Most of my adult life I have wanted to put my future of freedom in motion but there always seemed to be something in the way, 90% of them in my mind. At this point I have learned so much and things will never be the same. I would like to follow with a time line of events that have led me to this point.
In 2011 my marriage ended and left me a single parent of four with two still at home. If you have never been through that I am sure you have had to listen to others stories about the many destructive events associated with it and the time it takes to get things somewhat back on track.
2014 had a lot of ups and down the best of the ups, having met my girlfriend in September and being happy again. This I believe was the starting point for things going in a better direction. At this point I started looking for ways to a better life while there was still time. That may sound dramatic but being in my mid-forties with meager retirement set aside leaves little time to be ready for a future in the slow lane.
Then in early spring this year while surfing for how to information and books that could help I stumbled across the one thing that changed it all. You guessed it “The Book” MJ created with his slap me in the face tough love reality. One of the thoughts that crossed my mind while reading was a simple one “why”, why is this not something that everyone knows about? Because that is just the way it has always been and people, deep down, do not like change.
On June 15th I joined the millionaire fast lane forum and started reading. My first long read was Ice-cream Kids get the ice-cream Gold thread. Holy crap, if you are new and have not poured through that one DO IT. There really is more information here than I could ever go over but I am trying to get the best of what I need at this point to get things straight in my mind to keep forward momentum.
In early July I decided on a name for my first business. I needed it to make sense with the direction I thought I could help solve the problems people have with things they use in their daily lives and not be too restraining at the same time. Bingo.
July 21st I purchased several websites with that name, .com, .net, etc. This felt odd, not needing a website at this point but I wanted to have no problems in the future for expansion into that realm.
8-24-2015, between purchasing the sites and now I have been doing a little mental masturbating and not making much progress. Then I started reading the Gold thread from SinisterLex How to make $1,000 a week with no degree, no feedback and no portfolio. “JUST DO IT” Still not finished reading it but it is time to get a move on so……..
Yesterday 8-28-2015 I hired a registered agent and filed the paperwork for my new LLC. The state should file by 9-2-2015 and I should receive documentation for the LLC by 9-8-2015. I was relieved to get that part started and scared at the same time. I am really doing this. There is still time for a lot of mental stalling but I will keep reading and moving forward. Thanks to all of you for your unknowing (or knowing) support. I am still scared but excited at the same time to see what lies ahead.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O lpux xjev zua niep csu. Veloph edvoup up vsai ipvsiqsipiastjoq vjev nepz ug at jewi emxezt jitovevif vu fu, howit ni vji djommt. O vjuahjv ov xet gies ev gostv, cav et O liiq neloph qsuhsitt O'n siemoboph ov't iydovinipv. Miv't liiq ov aq, pu vaspoph cedl pux!
 
O lpux xjev zua niep csu. Veloph edvoup up vsai ipvsiqsipiastjoq vjev nepz ug at jewi emxezt jitovevif vu fu, howit ni vji djommt. O vjuahjv ov xet gies ev gostv, cav et O liiq neloph qsuhsitt O'n siemoboph ov't iydovinipv. Miv't liiq ov aq, pu vaspoph cedl pux!
O ehsii, pu vaspoph cedl, mivt tii xjev ot uav vjisi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom