The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Forward Momentum

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Time And Again

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 15, 2015
Southern Idaho
Forward Momentum
Most of my adult life I have wanted to put my future of freedom in motion but there always seemed to be something in the way, 90% of them in my mind. At this point I have learned so much and things will never be the same. I would like to follow with a time line of events that have led me to this point.
In 2011 my marriage ended and left me a single parent of four with two still at home. If you have never been through that I am sure you have had to listen to others stories about the many destructive events associated with it and the time it takes to get things somewhat back on track.
2014 had a lot of ups and down the best of the ups, having met my girlfriend in September and being happy again. This I believe was the starting point for things going in a better direction. At this point I started looking for ways to a better life while there was still time. That may sound dramatic but being in my mid-forties with meager retirement set aside leaves little time to be ready for a future in the slow lane.
Then in early spring this year while surfing for how to information and books that could help I stumbled across the one thing that changed it all. You guessed it “The Book” MJ created with his slap me in the face tough love reality. One of the thoughts that crossed my mind while reading was a simple one “why”, why is this not something that everyone knows about? Because that is just the way it has always been and people, deep down, do not like change.
On June 15th I joined the millionaire fast lane forum and started reading. My first long read was Ice-cream Kids get the ice-cream Gold thread. Holy crap, if you are new and have not poured through that one DO IT. There really is more information here than I could ever go over but I am trying to get the best of what I need at this point to get things straight in my mind to keep forward momentum.
In early July I decided on a name for my first business. I needed it to make sense with the direction I thought I could help solve the problems people have with things they use in their daily lives and not be too restraining at the same time. Bingo.
July 21st I purchased several websites with that name, .com, .net, etc. This felt odd, not needing a website at this point but I wanted to have no problems in the future for expansion into that realm.
8-24-2015, between purchasing the sites and now I have been doing a little mental masturbating and not making much progress. Then I started reading the Gold thread from SinisterLex How to make $1,000 a week with no degree, no feedback and no portfolio. “JUST DO IT” Still not finished reading it but it is time to get a move on so……..
Yesterday 8-28-2015 I hired a registered agent and filed the paperwork for my new LLC. The state should file by 9-2-2015 and I should receive documentation for the LLC by 9-8-2015. I was relieved to get that part started and scared at the same time. I am really doing this. There is still time for a lot of mental stalling but I will keep reading and moving forward. Thanks to all of you for your unknowing (or knowing) support. I am still scared but excited at the same time to see what lies ahead.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

No1Future

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 26, 2015
Jacksonville, Florida
I know what you mean bro. Taking action on true entrepreneurship that many of us have always hesitated to do, gives me the chills. I thought it was fear at first, but as I keep making progress I'm realizing it's excitement. Let's keep it up, no turning back now!

Time And Again

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jun 15, 2015
Southern Idaho
I know what you mean bro. Taking action on true entrepreneurship that many of us have always hesitated to do, gives me the chills. I thought it was fear at first, but as I keep making progress I'm realizing it's excitement. Let's keep it up, no turning back now!
I agree, no turning back, lets see what is out there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.