The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For those struggling to come up with an idea...

Idea threads

CoolBeans

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
May 14, 2017
South Africa
I recently started browsing Upwork (a platform that has rejected me 3 times now) job postings and realized something.

It's an absolute goldmine of ideas.

Just type in a service (Social media management, editing, SEO, etc) and you'll get recent job postings of people from various industries needing that specific service.

It can help give you an idea of whether there is a market for that service and what exactly it looks like.

You can also just type in a niche like Web3, Saas, Restaurants, Doctors, etc, and see what type of services people from these industries are asking for.

I have already come up with a couple of ideas from this method like LinkedIn Ghostwriting for CEOs or Social Media Strategy and Management for Web3 apps/sites.

Now I know what you thinking, this method is pretty simple and obvious.

But the thing is that what's obvious to you probably isn't as obvious to most people.

When people use Upwork, they only think like freelancers, looking for gigs that meets their skills.

This means they miss all the opportunities...

And sometimes seeing opportunities is all about changing your perspective, from freelancer to entrepreneur.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Romko

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 8, 2020
Ukraine
I recently started browsing Upwork (a platform that has rejected me 3 times now) job postings and realized something.

It's an absolute goldmine of ideas.

Just type in a service (Social media management, editing, SEO, etc) and you'll get recent job postings of people from various industries needing that specific service.

It can help give you an idea of whether there is a market for that service and what exactly it looks like.

You can also just type in a niche like Web3, Saas, Restaurants, Doctors, etc, and see what type of services people from these industries are asking for.

I have already come up with a couple of ideas from this method like LinkedIn Ghostwriting for CEOs or Social Media Strategy and Management for Web3 apps/sites.

Now I know what you thinking, this method is pretty simple and obvious.

But the thing is that what's obvious to you probably isn't as obvious to most people.

When people use Upwork, they only think like freelancers, looking for gigs that meets their skills.

This means they miss all the opportunities...

And sometimes seeing opportunities is all about changing your perspective, from freelancer to entrepreneur.
Hi,

Could you help with advice on how to develop this point of view?

For more than half a year I can’t find a client for upwork and and everything doesn't seem to work for me..

CoolBeans

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
May 14, 2017
South Africa
Hi,

Could you help with advice on how to develop this point of view?

For more than half a year I can’t find a client for upwork and and everything doesn't seem to work for me..
Hi Ross

I am not talking about finding clients on Upwork, heck I don't even have an account.

I am saying by looking at the job postings on Upwork, we can get ideas of what type of business or agencies we can start that really serve the needs of our clients.

Romko

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 8, 2020
Ukraine
Hi Ross

I am not talking about finding clients on Upwork, heck I don't even have an account.

I am saying by looking at the job postings on Upwork, we can get ideas of what type of business or agencies we can start that really serve the needs of our clients.
that is, you do not me advise how-to write proposals for me to be hired?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
that is, you do not me advise how-to write proposals for me to be hired?

My advice is apply only to clients who speak your native language.

Nobody will hire someone who can't clearly communicate their value.

If you apply to jobs in English and you do not communicate well in English, you will not get responses.

Clients do not have time to translate your words.

Romko

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 8, 2020
Ukraine
My advice is apply only to clients who speak your native language.

Nobody will hire someone who can't clearly communicate their value.

If you apply to jobs in English and you do not communicate well in English, you will not get responses.

Clients do not have time to translate your words.
Is that really true? thanks for the advice. in my case it is gold.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.