The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For Entrepreneurs who struggle to gain muscle weight and/or lose fat

sisoj

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 8, 2019
Hey everyone,hope you are having an amazing day! As busy Entrepreneurs we run on a very busy schedule and that makes it hard sometimes to be able to devote some time to change our health and bodies. There is a lot of information out there about diet/exercise that get people no where and leave them frustrated.

I'm currently trying to find out how I could fix these issues for Busy Professionals and make gaining muscle and losing weight simpler.

I am about to start my own business as an online consulting coach on fitness. I want to help men gain muscle, lose fat and become more muscular in a body that they feel confident.
Which is why i have two very simple questions:

As someone very busy as you, are you experiencing issues with gaining muscle / losing fat? if so what do you think are the two main issues you are dealing with ?

I am not promoting or selling anything only recommendations and constructive feedback

Thanks so much in advance Looking forward to reading your answers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I have issues gaining muscle mass, but I guess it's because I'm lifting weights without eating additional calories other than my 3 meals. If it's possible to gain muscle mass and get that swollen bodybuilder look without eating more meals, that would be a productocracy.

JessePust

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jul 2, 2019
timing is always an issue for me. I’m a big cardio person (Crossfit & Roadbiking Mostly). I have everything at my home office to do everything from riding to Olympic lifting to full cardio. I rock back and forth between 6-7am, 11a-12p, 7pm. Then I don’t do anything for 5-10 days. My best results come from 4 day weeks working out from 6-7am. Just gotta do it!!

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I spend too much time in front of a computer. I have a hard time losing weight because I eat too much. I also don't go out much because I'm addicted to spending time in front of my computer. My body weight it's all do to my mental state of mind. I've been working out lately but sometimes I'm too lazy to get dressed up to go for a run. I was searching for dress pants that also act as athletic pants but I couldn't find any.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I'm the wrong gender, but I think a common thing is time and ease of workout, not in terms of difficulty of it, but the flexibility. I workout first thing in the morning because otherwise I know I'm never going to do it, but I'd love to have a program that had mapped out what I could do in the gym, but a fallback I could do at home would be awesome.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
My first main issue was beer lol. So I've pretty much stopped drinking it and started going to the gym every day.

I'm what you might call skinny fat, after a few years working in front of a screen.

Doing weights 5 to 6 times a week but that's not lifting heavy or to failure. One body section only per day. Mostly figuring out the correct form, feeling it out, finding where I'm strong and weak and if there's any weird twinges that come from even low weights. And what one's I like best. Eventually I will go to 3 days per week doing a mix rather than the "bro split." I just can't afford a trainer to help me along at the monent with technique and form which drags the time out. Pretty much remembering from about ten years ago and youtube lol.

So for me, I would say my biggest problem is learning the best technique/form and checking if I'm doing it right.

I've only recently been learning about the difference in using weights instead of cardio to lose fat. Thank christ for that too.

AliciaBannon

New Contributor
May 29, 2020
UK
My first main issue was beer lol. So I've pretty much stopped drinking it and started going to the gym every day.

I'm what you might call skinny fat, after a few years working in front of a screen.

Doing weights 5 to 6 times a week but that's not lifting heavy or to failure. One body section only per day. Mostly figuring out the correct form, feeling it out, finding where I'm strong and weak and if there's any weird twinges that come from even low weights. And what one's I like best. Eventually I will go to 3 days per week doing a mix rather than the "bro split." I just can't afford a trainer to help me along at the monent with technique and form which drags the time out. Pretty much remembering from about ten years ago and youtube lol.

So for me, I would say my biggest problem is learning the best technique/form and checking if I'm doing it right.

I've only recently been learning about the difference in using weights instead of cardio to lose fat. Thank christ for that too.
Gaining muscles will generally be good for speed and power. The fastest athletes at the Olympics, sprinters, tend to be quite muscular. The most powerful athletes, throwers and weightlifters, are very large and muscular.
Unless you get extremely large, mobility is mostly unaffected by mass. You can be very muscular and still very mobile if you stretch regularly.
What you’ll lose as you gain weight is endurance. The more you weigh, the more energy it takes to move your body with news. Since success in boxing requires excellent endurance, this is a factor you need to seriously consider as you gain weight. Adding 10 pounds of muscle will probably make you a better boxer, but adding 40 pounds probably won’t.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.