The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Food Inspector ready to switch lanes!

VinB6598

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 8, 2018
Hello Fast-lane Community! I'm from Eastern, North Carolina. My good friend-more like a brother, introduced me to the TMF . Just finished the book and was stoked to learn about this forum!

I am a Federal Food Inspector and overtime affords me a decent income with benefits, TSP and pension..I'm grateful....But it also costs me my VALUABLE time. SLOWLANE!! I'm so ready to switch lanes after reading this book. At this moment I'm just trying to focus all of this new energy into something great.

I'm leaning towards jumping into real estate and/or starting a service business to begin, keeping the 5 commandments AND the future in mind.

Hoping I can stay engaged with like minded people here and provide any help where I possibly can.

Thanks MJ for a great book!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Welcome!

As the resident food entrepreneur here.. I think we’ll become best friends once FSMA kicks in haha

Check the Gold Threads out to start!

VinB6598

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 8, 2018
Sounds great Scot! I was just recertified by FSPCA as a PCQI and im almost finished with a MS in food safety! I don’t mind helping!

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello Fast-lane Community! I'm from Eastern, North Carolina. My good friend-more like a brother, introduced me to the TMF . Just finished the book and was stoked to learn about this forum!

I am a Federal Food Inspector and overtime affords me a decent income with benefits, TSP and pension..I'm grateful....But it also costs me my VALUABLE time. SLOWLANE!! I'm so ready to switch lanes after reading this book. At this moment I'm just trying to focus all of this new energy into something great.

I'm leaning towards jumping into real estate and/or starting a service business to begin, keeping the 5 commandments AND the future in mind.

Hoping I can stay engaged with like minded people here and provide any help where I possibly can.

Thanks MJ for a great book!

Your background in food service definitely could be a part of your story and brand build.

Welcome to the forum.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
By the way, check out my Startup guide for food businesses Food entrepreneurship startup guide

Would really value any insight from the food safety side of things if you want to add it to the guide!

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Welcome Vin!

As you have a very stable day job with a giant employer, that gives you some excellent possibilities to get into real estate. (I worked for a while on the computer systems for two real estate companies, which gave me a lot of opportunity to get familiar with loan guidelines.) Here's a thread by another forum member that might be useful for your start:
GOLD! - STOP Paying Rent: Live For Free

Also, remember that if you buy a place, fix it up, live in it yourself, then sell it after a few years, those capital gains aren't taxed. Be sure to check with your local accountant, attorney, etc. I had some friends in high school whose family moved every few years with this strategy. The disadvantage was that they always lived in a construction zone, only seeing the place all fixed up just when their parents sold it! But the advantage was that the parents had an entrepreneurial life with huge tax advantages.

VinB6598

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 8, 2018
Welcome Vin!

As you have a very stable day job with a giant employer, that gives you some excellent possibilities to get into real estate. (I worked for a while on the computer systems for two real estate companies, which gave me a lot of opportunity to get familiar with loan guidelines.) Here's a thread by another forum member that might be useful for your start:
GOLD! - STOP Paying Rent: Live For Free

Also, remember that if you buy a place, fix it up, live in it yourself, then sell it after a few years, those capital gains aren't taxed. Be sure to check with your local accountant, attorney, etc. I had some friends in high school whose family moved every few years with this strategy. The disadvantage was that they always lived in a construction zone, only seeing the place all fixed up just when their parents sold it! But the advantage was that the parents had an entrepreneurial life with huge tax advantages.

Hi LAte Bloomer. Thanks for that info! That could definitely work for me. I have the opp to work steadily in many places around the country while building my empire. Will be definitely checking out the thread!

I’ll be in touch!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...