The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Focusing on focus

Anything related to matters of the mind

Rafal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 14, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
I want to work on focus - short-term, for "everyday use" and long-term, for bigger goals.

I belive intense sustained focus + intense sustained discipline = extreme and ultimate leverage.

What are you ways to train that focus muscles?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Erwan

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 30, 2011
France
I particularly recommend reading "Focus Manifesto" by Leo Babauta: :focus

There is a free version and a paid one with bonus.

kirrubi

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Dec 26, 2011
California
hello Rafal i have a suggestion try Kaizen.
Kaizen works this way if you whant to do something and know you have to do it and something is stoping you probably is fear or a belif. The way is take a small action to be so small that will not activate your amigdala a trivial action 30 seconds to start and built your time on it if you start to not doing or getting lazy cut the time the point is to rewire your brain in such a way that will feels natural like a second nature.
lets try an analogy how would you eat a cow yes an entire cow 1 kg steak at time? can you swallow a 1kg steak? or a bite time? this is the logic in even eating a whale.
dont hurry on this one no man in history changed overnight its allways a incremental process with wealth, relationship, spiritual, health and mind.

thank you

mmtprofile

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 21, 2011
Making a clear vision.

Once I have that clear vision, I cut out everything that is not a part of it including friends, family and social life. I don't mean that I never see them or they're gone, I just focus on what I'm doing.

Hokoleskwa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
May 25, 2011
Denver
I find that for me, it's less about trying to stay focused (which for me is akin to saying "DON'T think about the color blue!), and more about preparing an environment that's conducive to working. Eliminating distractions is key. For me, there are two elements to that.

The first is distractions of temptation. If I claim to be working but I have a tab in the browser that's open to Facebook, funny cat pictures, Hawaiian Tropic bikini contests, etc., I won't get anything done. All diversions have to stay stashed away until quitting time.

The second element is distractions of discomfort. I thought my home office would be my best working spot: it's secluded and quiet. But it's also cold, poorly-lit, and kind of depressing. I very quickly find myself distracted by my desire to be somewhere else! So now I plop down in the living room in a comfy chair and my laptop, and I can tune out everything else and hack away at my work for hours, even if my wife has the TV blaring.

Carlsonhomes

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 23, 2012
Set your priorities well. It's like somebody like me, a Scottsdale custom home builder, I need to focus first on the part where the beauty of the rest of the house would depend on it. If you wish to reach the ultimate leverage on whatever you do, be strict to follow your schedules as well, never procrastinate.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.