The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Flipping high-end luxury and exotic cars?

Avus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 18, 2013

Avus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 18, 2013
Just saw that it was already talked about lol

sorry

Nate

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Sep 24, 2007
Utah
Hey LimitUp, curious if you ever went through with this, and how it has gone for you?

secretentourage

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 4, 2013
BOCA, LA, NY and VA
I actually finished doing the video series on this as well. Many have asked for a better product than books, so I will be releasing them shortly.

The firs book FYI is the way you flip and buy luxury cars, the models and more
The second book takes the concepts of book one and talks a few of the diff in the exotic car world plus adds the tax write off part.
The third book references actually using a similar system for high end watches.

Below are some videos i did to explain the process for those who are very new to the idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

secretentourage

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 4, 2013
BOCA, LA, NY and VA
[video=youtube;bgFokY-5Gfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgFokY-5Gfk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUARb_tdXqfglVPs3-JP-ETA[/video]

[video=youtube;UB0_bpqAipw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB0_bpqAipw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUARb_tdXqfglVPs3-JP-ETA[/video]

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
SE, I really want to compare notes on this when I publish my progress thread. If you've got a lot of stuff on the inside, I might have to sign up for that too. Good work, man.

Traction

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Oct 13, 2013
Not sure if you guys have looked into it, but I am in a part of the world where arabs use Lambo's like its an everyday car. Exotic cars are on every corner, let me know if you need someone over here on the darkside for any help sourcing. I don't know a great deal about the market, but have a mechanical background.

secretentourage

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 4, 2013
BOCA, LA, NY and VA
SE, I really want to compare notes on this when I publish my progress thread. If you've got a lot of stuff on the inside, I might have to sign up for that too. Good work, man.

Thanks and sure. I have the books on it and the video series which should be out in 2-3 weeks at most I think. We have a lot of stuff on the inside, just not car related :)

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Not sure if you guys have looked into it, but I am in a part of the world where arabs use Lambo's like its an everyday car. Exotic cars are on every corner, let me know if you need someone over here on the darkside for any help sourcing. I don't know a great deal about the market, but have a mechanical background.

This is a fascinating idea, but container shipping and VAT/Import taxes is a little bit hardcore for me right now. I'm running some pretty intense margins just by moving stuff long distances within the United States.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Secret Entourage has a couple of books on this I believe. Secret Entourage Lifestyle Book Series | Secret Entourage
You might want to check it out?

I have never read it, but from what I have read from them has been pretty helpful material.

Thanks for the link. I've never heard of these books until now. I bought them. I'm going to try it out. It's something to do. I'm not a car guy though so it will likely take some time to figure things out.

Thanks SE for those vids. Very helpful.

vtlambo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 10, 2012
[video=youtube;bgFokY-5Gfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgFokY-5Gfk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUARb_tdXqfglVPs3-JP-ETA[/video]

[video=youtube;UB0_bpqAipw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB0_bpqAipw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUARb_tdXqfglVPs3-JP-ETA[/video]

Pejman, these are great vids, thank you!

Vespasian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Oct 4, 2013
Just bought the book. Let's see if it works just for fun.

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
Yes, my book does tell you how to find cheap, what to buy, what to look for and how to sell. Also gives you a list of preferred models to buy. While the book's purpose is to enjoy the car in between the buy and sell, the system or method is no different. Its actually easier when you sell immediately as you dont accumulate miles.

Bought these books a while back. they are well worth the read

secretentourage

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 4, 2013
BOCA, LA, NY and VA

CBlacko

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 26, 2014
I have a friend who flips high end luxury cars. He used to work for his dad but decided to go solo. He took out a loan, bought a run down 1958 Ferrari, pimped it and sold it. I was a little sceptical when he started but today, he drives a Bentley and i'm stuck with a Toyota Prius, wish i had joined him when he asked me to.

abdul

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 19, 2015
that's funny i was doing what you want to, then switched to your position (behind a desk) ..better quality of life btw. The grass will not be greener on the other side, maybe your problem is your not growing big enough to stop using a computer... if you had a big enough web business, you would manage someone doing the work and be out playing... if you go into this business with the same mindset of being an operater not a business owner (which you will because buying vehicles one by one is not scaleable and no one will be competent enough to work as hard as you will in that type of role) life will be rough i promise.

This is the case for anything in the world, as long as its priced right...I was buying and selling ALOT in the worst of the worst economy and would sell things in hours at $20k-30k plus.... i understand its not expensive but trust me people would doubt me everytime and say work is slow, you cant sell machinery or trucks used for construction companies right now.....

I do not believe this is appealing nor will it work that well.... at the end of the day i agree, its all about what you pay for it..... marketing was important but i found my money was made the second someone said "ok, take it" at the price i knew i needed to get it for.

Your targeting a low volume business... "get cash fast" works in a high volume business, dont get me wrong, it can work, but its not going to convert enough to make you a living, good money maybe, but not a strong enough strategy.

i had software that i would input custom variables and would wake up to heaven.... local leads of exactly what i was looking for...

so i would type in
(not actual pricing)

year:2008
make:bmw m6
mileage:less than<30,000 miles
Price: less than <$45,000

You had to know what to look for obviously to do this but i had about 10 laser targeted things set. So every morning i would wake up and call the ton of leads that came to me automatically and make sure all of my setting were up to date and adjusted (the prices obviously change every once in a while as time goes on)

So considering that wasnt enough to fill my day and/or no good deals came in/couldent make a deal work.... id also have set searches in certain industries and places for "MUST SELL TODAY" or "NEED GONE TODAY" "MUST SELL TODAY" .... i had about 60 variations of that stuff too and had alot of negative keywords (phrases it wouldent search for to weed out crappy stuff ... example -shovel....) so "MUST SELL SHOVEL TODAY" ....

once negatives were set and everything i was buying so much stuff.. SO much stuff.. it was a nightmare life, constantly running around, dealing with liars, people trying to screw you, dangerous situations... but there is big money in it once you know what your doing.... either way the back and fourth wasnt for me so i gave it up... i tried to open the program yesterday and it froze my computer it had some many pending leads i havent checked.

So i think its a good idea to focus on buying and selling 1 or 2 things a month... if you can make that work its better that way... sometimes id make a big hit, it was extremely easy and very profitable, other times, a nightmare in which certainly was not worth your time....

Just remember though its far from fastlane doing this, i built nothing, when i woke up 0 things happened unless i physically got up and executed... not where you want to be IMO, it was a good paying job, with terrible quality of life....

Your going in the right direction with internet business, just keep trying harder.

Here is a suggestion i have applied which really helps when working from home and going crazy.

1) Set mini-goals

a) I will have 40 leads on my site or for my product
b) I will sell 3 out of those 40

Apply a penalty to yourself if you dont do it.... this is really important, otherwise youll be accomplishing nothing in those long hours behind the computer... if you dont reach the goal force yourself to either work more or just something you do not want which will push you harder.

2) Do something every week in routine that cost money

a) Go to slightly expensive dinners (may sound stupid but as you keep doing this and depleting funds, it will force you to make money or go broke....doesnt work for everyone but does for some)

b) Find something you want in 6 months that is not cheap..... put it on your walll, look at it everyday, when you wake up figure out what steps need to be taken in order to get there)

Basically use the sink or swim approach, too many people sit around and play baby games and dont get anything done... again its too comfortable working from home... no repercussions or employees watching your progress saying this guy sucks as a leader... ive seen people move out of home and make 10x the amount of money quickly... others go broke, either way stop avoiding it, make a list of what needs to get done, and do it everyday.
Is there any way I could get this software?
Thanks

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
I have to be honest, I've read your last AMA and I immediately followed you. I support a lot of your strategies but I've never actually accomplished what you have. However, This particular lux car flipping strategy I don't favor. I have a friend who works for Austin Martin. He's a salesman. He tells me the guys selling Hyndaui are killing it. He says they make more than he does. It seems the more expensive the car, the smarter people are, the smaller the market is too.

I'm a fan of you though. Your AMA was probably the reason I signed up and have been lurking around here for a while. Here's what I would do if I had your experience. I'd put together 10 week program for 30 students and charge 3k-5k per admittance. Take them from idea phase to profitability. Get people off the computer including yourself and into a classroom. I'll be your first signup and I'm hoping to get a discount for throwing this idea at you.

Run the course 3 times a year. Help people the hands on/ old fashion way 2 hours a day. What more could you ask for?

No offense but it doesn't really matter. I want to get off the computer for awhile and I have ZERO interest in web stuff at the moment. Let's talk about flipping high end cars, not Internet stuff. :)

I know someone who does this quite successfully with high end watches. I just have no knowledge about, or interest in, watches - so I want to do it with cars instead...

GjrEntCars

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 12, 2016
@limitup I am also contemplating trying that out to take a break from the tech world. Did you move forward with this? Any advice you would be willing to pass down? Or any thoughts on a Silicon Valley associate.

Look forward to hear from you.
- Ravi
GjrEntCars@gmail.com

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads