The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

High End Luxury brokering

Consi444

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 10, 2019
Hello !

I dont know much to say for a start, but Im a 22 year old in the worlds most luxury items broker ( diamonds and fine art ).I have managed for within the last 5 years to put myself into the top of the trading group. I work with people who are old enough to be my grandmother/grandfather. Connections are very very good, up to the Sothebys/Christies ( literally up to it) . My main concern is that I get a lot of calls and requests daily for what ''clients'' need, but most of them are obviously only talks. Nothing serious. I have only 1 person serious to it who also brought us a client for a 42million USD diamond. What Im looking at is.. How can I expand ? I have all the top-notch connections to it. I have people who are representing the presidents of the world aswell as politicians. But somehow I feel I am stuck at this stupid talking shit and giving info to randoms they dont deserve. Does anyone have any idea where to begin to start looking for such companies; representives etc ? My partner does a good job, but I cant always rely on him. I found this forum and if theres anyone who can help me I will appreciate it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
Shouldn't be the high end field exactly like that? A lot of window shoppers and scarce but very lucrative sporadic transactions?

Consi444

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 10, 2019
Those two statements are completely contradictory. Which one is it?

If it's the first, then you haven't made it and you don't have top-notch connections. If it's the second, then you shouldn't have a problem.

Hi, thanks for the reply, Sorry for not clearing it up properly. I work with the sellers mandate/sellers side, no problems there. Now I do have a few people from the buyers side, the buyers mandate, proffesional people - No problems there either. I have more people who claim they have buyers etc, but obviously they dont, so its a time-wasting process for everyone, I was asking for tips where should I focus my vision to expand to find more buyers/ buyers mandates who are really into investing in that kind of market items.

quicksort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 9, 2015
Hi, thanks for the reply, Sorry for not clearing it up properly. I work with the sellers mandate/sellers side, no problems there. Now I do have a few people from the buyers side, the buyers mandate, proffesional people - No problems there either. I have more people who claim they have buyers etc, but obviously they dont, so its a time-wasting process for everyone, I was asking for tips where should I focus my vision to expand to find more buyers/ buyers mandates who are really into investing in that kind of market items.

Are the window shoppers broke or people with actual money who would be serious buyers if they found an opportunity to low-ball you? Is it possible they are just bothering everyone like you that they can in hopes of finding something that can resell for a profit?

If they're just broke timewasters, could you do something like require new customers to PayPal you $1,000-10,000 that you'll give back in a week? Not even as a deposit, but just to prove they're not broke.

If they want to buy and resell then I don't think this helps you much but maybe even those folks wouldn't want to leave money tied up with various brokers if they're serious about pestering multiple ones and more brokers started requiring this.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Are the window shoppers broke or people with actual money who would be serious buyers if they found an opportunity to low-ball you? Is it possible they are just bothering everyone like you that they can in hopes of finding something that can resell for a profit?

If they're just broke timewasters, could you do something like require new customers to PayPal you $1,000-10,000 that you'll give back in a week? Not even as a deposit, but just to prove they're not broke.

If they want to buy and resell then I don't think this helps you much but maybe even those folks wouldn't want to leave money tied up with various brokers if they're serious about pestering multiple ones and more brokers started requiring this.
Maybe a way to qualify or filter your leads is what you need? Then you can focus more on high value buyers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.