The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First taste of fastlane, goal of 500k sales this year and my plan to get there

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Andyc2288

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Nov 30, 2015
It's been just over 3 months now that my product went live on amazon. Here is a snap of my sellers dashboard

940919754e.png

Since the start of this thread, I went out of stock and spent about a week or two getting it back to about 1k in sales per day.
I also raised the price by $5, making my profit per unit about $21-$22 before PPC. I spend about $50/day on PPC right now. (mostly broad match)

Noticed a few new competitors copying my item now, one guy did a massive giveaway. (This might be why I had a small dip in sales this weekend)

Now that I understand my niche a little better, I started a new campaign with some more phrase and exact keywords.

Few things coming up:
  • Product 2 is finally on it's way, I finally received the tracking number for it.
  • Thank you inserts are printed and will be ready for the next batch I sent in (Relied only on feedbackz for getting reviews so far)
  • Recognized a fastlaner from his avatar on another forum, and he is helping me cross promote on his site and in exchange he can build his email list (he told me my banner is giving him around 80% conversion rate)
  • Setting up a photoshoot soon with a model so I can replace the bad photoshopped pics I have on my listings now

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MotiveInMotion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 14, 2016
Independent
What was the best way for you to get reviews? You said you got your first sale in 9 days, congrats! How many reviews did you have, and what was the best way you got them? There are tons of ways these days varying in effectiveness

Andyc2288

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Nov 30, 2015
What was the best way for you to get reviews? You said you got your first sale in 9 days, congrats! How many reviews did you have, and what was the best way you got them? There are tons of ways these days varying in effectiveness

I got my first sale the day my product went live, the shipment on the other hand I received on new years eve.

Have around 50 reviews out of 1179 units sold, so I am not doing much besides an auto email responder with a link.

To start I just got as many as I could from friends so I can run PPC and convert

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
You are such an overnight success :cool:
jk :)
But good luck with the sales, i am going to bookmark the thread.

Robert Taylor I

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 31, 2016
America's Hat
Exciting Stuff man, great to see another Fastlaner jump the nest. Currently going to my 9-5 (which I quite enjoy) and will check out your screen record, I was just starting to look into how it is working with amazon so this is a blessing.

FreedomforEarl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 23, 2017
USA
When I first found out the bullets and description is copied word for word, they were even too lazy to change my brand name from the copy i wrote. I think they are just using back-end. But the way they are attempting to brand the item is clearly a rip-off of mine.

3 of my good friends still work for that company.
1 is wholesale manager, 1 is supervisor of customer service, another guy does all the logistics.

They are all leaving the company out of principle, and won't be showing up Monday.

I clicked into the seller storefront and saw the same items my old company sold, but under a new name..

So when I took a picture and sent it to my old co-worker, he confirmed they told him to take the photos and not tell anyone.

The shit that pisses me off is I come from a poor family, and they are so greedy.

Lol the morning I found out,(I still have access to their main amazon account) I actually planned to turn on aggressive PPC for all their best items in FBA once that ran, liquidate their inventory @ 1 cent
My girlfriend talked me out of my whole vengeance plan though.
What products were you selling ?

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
Excellent job forging process and making it happen! I'm sure you'll hit your goal.

I looked up to them as mentors and they are stabbing me right in the back.
Very sorry to hear that it turned out this way. Learn from it. I wish I could say I'm surprised but unfortunately I'm not since the majority of people really suck when it comes to certain things.

Great thread I'll be looking forward to updates.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.