The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First Annual Fastlane Beer and Pancakes Breakfast Meetup!

Date of Get Together in Phoenix?

• February 23rd (Saturday)

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • March 1st (Saturday)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • March 8th (Saturday)

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • March 15th (Saturday)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • March 22nd (Saturday)

• March 29th (Saturday)

• April 5th (Saturday)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April 12th (Saturday)

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
before I forget, I think we should start moving in order to meet this goal....
Usually the first weeks of March coincide with the start of the pre-season for the MLB teams that practice in Phx area. This makes hotels a little bit more expensive. Should we start focusing on defining a date and making arraignments about it? I guess the locals could also propose places to have the meetings. Russ, you helped to coordinate the previous get togethers... any suggestion?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
What about January in Vegas during the CES?
I know, I know, just dreaming...

Pick the date and the location
and I'll rearrange my schedule
(try to be in the country this time,
can't remember where I was in 2007).
I'll be bringing my salesman of a hubby
so if you need any tips on sales...

As this meet up always messes
with my volunteer tax gigs on the weekends
(March and April)
I'll need some advanced warning
(can't disappoint my old ladies... I see them only once a year).

: )

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
April 6-13 we are at Disney for an international innkeeping conference.

You are all correct-- March = Spring Training, March Madness, and (ack) Spring Break.

So if we plan to have this in PHX in March or April, we need to move on this to secure hotel rooms.

I can contact last year's RD GT attendees to see if they are interested as well.

-Russ H.

RE Taipan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 28, 2007
Balboa Island, CA
Ugh...just advised that I am required to be in Ohio from March 10-16.

...I don't expect any of you good folks to change plans for me if they have been set or semi-decided. Hopefully however the gods will be with me and I will still be able to make it to the gathering.

...it does serve as an excellent reminder of how I need to get out of the "E" quadrant ASAP.

TNT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 31, 2007
RE Taipan

What part of Ohio are you coming to? I live in Ohio.

Talmadge

RE Taipan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 28, 2007
Balboa Island, CA
Talmadge, et al.,

I'll be in the Cincinnati area....but since it is a "work trip" situation, where I am beholden to the various rather draconian whims and caprices of my handlers. It will be, like every other time there has been a trip, a "fully immersive" event in order to "maximize the value accruing to the company for the benefit bestowed upon you by graciously allowing you attend"....in other words, a virtual lock down from arrival until departure.

...hence the excellent reminder of the need to transition from the "E" quadrant

TNT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 31, 2007
I can understand. I have been there. Hope you do enjoy your time here anyway.

Talmadge

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Was a date ever decided? I would really like to start moving forward with the planning. How about we come up with 3 different dates, and vote on them- or- we could just have MJ decide and consider it done. Thoughts?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
For what I know, we still don't have a date. Phx guys, when does spring training start? I propose the weekend starting Friday February 29.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Phx, March 4th.
I'm in.

Now, what I propose? Everybody should present a deal that either they did or are working on in the six months previous to the event.
Also, more presentations as we did last time --thanks Russ for coordinating that one.

Anybody can think of a special guest to talk about a topic related to the financial path to wealth?

March 4th will be my (30th, I think) anniversary.
MAYBE I'll drag the wife along with me -- she claims it will be our 80th.

Not sure if Brenton and his new bride will be able to make it this year.
With any luck, he'll be half way through the State Police Academy by then.
Hard to say...he MIGHT be able to sneak away for a couple days.

Good thing I happened across this post.
I was hoping someone might get this started.:thankyousign:

I agree with Andviv -- the presentations everyone did were great!
I'd go with that, some Cashflow games, and a guest speaker or two.
Maybe getting Les Gee back again for the new folks would be worth it.
:iagree:

If we don't look at going to RDPD headquarters, we could have a much larger group.
Otherwise, we're stuck with the 25-30 limit again.
Maybe we could still arrange for a tie-in to HQ for the new folks.
A quick tour by Erin, Linda, or Darth?
I can plant the seed in their minds since I email them daily. Whatcha' think?

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I was under the impression that this is not a rich dad deal....

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
How does March 7-9th look for people?

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
BFLBob-

Erin has already stated (rather emphatically) that she would not be involved with organizing another RD event for us, given our attitude:

I am not sure I want to be apart of these boards, and there's no way in hell I'm organizing another get together, after seeing so much disrespect for the man who showed most of us how to get onto the fast track.

So this is a NON RD event. :)

We avoid the problems associated w/having it in RK's backyard, so to speak.

Sharon and I are happy to organize most of this-- incl credit card processing (as in the past, we'll cover the expense of this). We've organized workshops with 100+ people, and I've been the organizer of tradeshows with hundreds/thousands of attendees, so no biggie.

Just as an FYI, Sharon and I did not organize either of the previous RD get togethers-- we gave small assistance to Erin, but they were her baby.

And I've already talked to Sharon about this-- we would both *love* to do this for the fastlane group. :)

We just need a bird doggie in Phx to find us a great place to meet and have a meeting room.

The place we stayed at last year might be perfect-- not sure if they'd have a room for us during the day, but it never hurts to ask.

Room rental at most of these places is cheap--a few hundred a day. They'll sometimes even throw it in for free if you commit to enough rooms.

Anyone out there in Phx interested in looking into this? Last year, Charmed Angel did quite a bit of looking for us. I could always email her to see if she was interested.

Any other ideas?

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
March 7 is our anniversary! :)

(BTW, that would not affect our decision to come one way or another).

We are going to be in Disneyland at a conference April 6-13, if anyone w/kids would want to plan around that.

End of Feb is cool, too. I think Sharon and I have some stuff planned for the end of March (I'll check and report back). :)

-Russ H.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
March 7 is our anniversary! :)

We are going to be in Disneyland at a conference April 6-13, if anyone w/kids would want to plan around that.

-Russ H.

You know.... doing something that incorporates family would be great. In the past, we have left kiddos with Grandma - but it would be fun to work out a way to have them along - and be in a place with fun things to do.

I have avoided Disneyland to date.... don't really like the hype etc. but I figure my kids will never forgive me if I don't take them atleast once! LOL

So.... I'm in for that.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
So this is going to be a Rich Dad event?
Back to Phoenix, back to the Cash Flow Games, the Rich Dad staff, and all that?

Does that reflect the fresh thinking this board is supposed to promote?

OK...so it sounds like the RD tie-in is a no-go.:tdown:

But I DO like Phoenix (no rain...perfect temps),
and I DO like Cashflow (especially with Russ around),
and I DO like the presentation format Russ arranged last time.

As for the RD staff, it is no biggy to me.

This year should be exciting just due to the new people.
This board has a LOT of Internet folks and business people.
The past was way more geared to REI.

What do you have in mind, kimber?
I always look forward to your ideas and thoughts.:hurray:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I will bring my cashflow board if needed.
I agree with Russ; Any volunteers from the Phx crow to scout the area? I'd love it if it were in Scottsdale again, beautiful place. The hotel were we stayed last year was perfect, IMHO. I don't recall them having any conf room, but it's worth asking.

I was proposing Feb 29, March 1 and 2 for the get together. Others prefer the weekend after (March 7, 8, 9). In any case the weather should be ok, right? Maybe we should start having a vote on the date.

Definitively, presentations from the assistants is the soul of the meeting, I think. oh, and driving MJ's lambo makes it even more especial :D :D :D

Who can contact Les Gee? That would be awesome.

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
What do you have in mind, kimber?
I always look forward to your ideas and thoughts.

Bob, you joker.
Just looking after our host's interests.
(MJ, I've got your back, sweetheart).
I don't think he set this board up as a RD clone.

I'll advocate what I always do
which is getting local experts (business people, etc) in to talk.

I like meeting y'all but frankly I only see my own siblings a couple times a year due to distance and time constraints.
I gotta see myself learning something.

If a local person doesn't want to contact the Phnx movers and shakers, I can.
But frankly, it would benefit the local person more.

I'm not the one to contact Les Gee.
LOL

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Bob, you joker.

If a local person doesn't want to contact the Phnx movers and shakers, I can.

kimber...

As long as they're movin' and shakin', can't we get them to act out one of your smut novels???:dead::banana::thumbsup:

Now THAT would be a good learning experience.:icon_super:

(Spidey....errrr....Venom might even swing in for that.)

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
kimber...

As long as they're movin' and shakin', can't we get them to act out one of your smut novels???:dead::banana::thumbsup:

Now THAT would be a good learning experience.:icon_super:

(Spidey....errrr....Venom might even swing in for that.)

Whoa! I don't check this post for 3 days and I come back to discussions of having a three way with a superhero! I was just thinking this get together would be casual- boardgames, beer...crazy sex with superheros never crossed my mind. But, hey- whatever happens in the fastlane, stays in the fastlane. :smxB: :rofl:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Dang . . . for some reason I also missed the fun.

Just so I get it straight: Kimber, Spidey and BFLbob in a 3-way? :3some:

We could actually make thefastlane site a pay per view, if that happens . . .

(Kimber, I think it was you who taught me to always look for extra income streams ;) )

Ahem . . . back to reality (or what passes for that around here):

Some thoughts:

1. I think the presentations (as last year) are a great way to go. Each attendee has a 15 minute presentation (incl questions) on what they do best, and can pass on to others. With the exception of *my* presentation :p, I thought this went really well this year.

2. We can bring in 1 or 2 local experts. Perhaps MJ has some ideas here.

3. I can contact Les Gee if you want. Given his extraordinary schedule, and the fact that he almost didn't make it the first year, I'd just as soon pass on this (less sleepless nights for me).

4. Suggest we make this Fri/Sat/Sun.

Starting Friday at 1 pm, with everything wrapped up by 3 pm Sunday afternoon. Those who arrive Thursday evening can take part in a Cashflow and Pizza party. And the early birds also get a slow Friday morning breakfast/brunch to mingle and discuss deals.

We can make the noon-3 pm Sunday segment optional, so the folks who want to get back to their homes by Sunday night will have time for flights, etc.

5. I don't want this to be an REI summit-- so I encourage those with other areas of expertise (like paper assets, accounting, and business building) can make presentations.

Other stuff:

-Sharon (my wife) has got to be one of the world's biggest Disney fans. So anyone coming to a Phx event would be welcome to join us either before or afterwards in Anaheim (I'm not kidding when I say that you could blindfold my wife and she would still be able to navigate the park faster than any of us mere mortals). Sonya- visiting Mickey costs a bunch, but you couldn't ask for a better introduction to the park then through the eyes of a Mickey Mouse fan. It makes everything a bit rosier. :)

-I'd love to see Kimber at this thing, but I know she has lots of tax return commitments this time of year. K?

-My original motivation for wanting to have this get together was to get rusty and Jason_MI out to Napa so I could meet them, have fun, and pick their brains on our projects a little. I now realize this will never happen. So I've moved on.

-The get together this past year was GREAT for me-- ironic, considering some of the things that happened. I think it was because I got to see some familiar faces, while also meeting a bunch of new folks. Having the indiv presentations was also a great way to learn about each of us, and what we were doing.

-Just a random thought: If there is interest, we could have a PLAN session, going through the steps and sharing our results (or not sharing, if it's private). Focus would be on identifying core values/traits, moving on to activities that feed our souls (satisfying our core values). The other primary focus would be to discuss how we plan to retire early-- our overall PLANs for doing this. I think the latter would foster some very cool ideas. Just my .02.

-I'm full of ideas (some would say I'm full of other things . . . ;) ), but I want this to be something that EVERYONE who comes walks away with saying "YES!" (as in, "that was sooooo worth doing!). So the more we know about each other's take aways (i.e., what you would like to have covered), the better the event will be.

Maybe MJ could give rides in his Lambo ($10 a minute) and donate the proceeeds to charity. :smxF:

What say you all?

Ideas?

Things you'd like covered?

Things you do NOT want covered?!

Stuff you'd like to do?

And if we have kids, let's figure out how to handle day care so we can focus during the day.

-Russ H.

Jason_MI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 25, 2007
-My original motivation for wanting to have this get together was to get rusty and Jason_MI out to Napa so I could pick their brains on our projects. I now realize this will never happen (Jason apparently visited Napa last year and didn't even say hi :nonod:). So I've moved on.

-Russ H.

EXSCUUUUUUUSE Me....I DID send you an email 6 weeks before I landed in SF, and I DID try to look up your phone number when I was in Sears Fine Foods....but never heard nuthin! At least Erin emails me. *sniff* *sniff*

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I'm making a motion....

We need someone to effectively pick up this thing and carry it....

Russ is clearly willing to do so - but somewhat limited because of location. I"m also willing, but same limitations.

SO... I move that someone from Phoenix pulls up their knickers and says, "I'll take charge." As has been pointed out by Kimber and others ... it really would be valuable for you to make contact with others in your area while you are putting this thing together.

• finding a location
  • nice motel w/ good rates
  • searching for some local guest speakers

or.... if no one steps up the the plate, I suggest that....

We move this thing to a location where the knickers are already pulled up.... Napa? or... we can all head to Disney! (she says dreading the words as they come out of her mouth.) I would suggest Montana - but I know there is a FAT chance of that!

Any volunteers out there? Any action takers?
You won't be stuck with ALL the details - certainly others are willing to pitch in... but the basics listed above would be best if handled by a local.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Things you'd like covered?

Asset Protection Strategies

And if we have kids, let's figure out how to handle day care so we can focus during the day.

-Russ H.

My origional thought here is that we may have my MIL come with us.... or, if anyone has a responsible teen that could come along... we can set them up somewhere and pay for the nannie help.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Phoenix is a cheap flight from Colorado Springs, so I'd like to join you guys. Can you make it an all day event though? Would be fun to get some speakers, and play some cashflow in the afternoon / evening, or whatever. Would be nice if someone local would pick up the ball and organize it like a seminar. I don't mind paying a small fee for overhead.

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content