The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finished "The Millionaire Fastlane"...NOW WHAT?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Nathan Douglas

BB
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
May 23, 2014
Texas
@Jessica J

Just read what other members are doing with their businesses, learn the mistakes they've made, the victories they have crushed, the problems they solved, and then take all that information and go solve a problem, go fill a void in the market. I can't tell you what it is, the market will tell you.

My 2 cents.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jessica J

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 28, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Write him a check for $500 (or some number that causes you pain)
He does the same - making the check out to you.
Set one week goals... each of you.

If he doesn't meet the goal, you can cash his check.
If you don't meet your goal, then he can cash your check.
@AroundTheWorld I'm challenging this to him now as we speak!

z6Evolved

[Danger Zone]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jun 25, 2014
VAB
Going to hop in and kick the dead horse too. Action leads to outcome. Do something. Even if you're not 100% sure its the right thing to do, it's better to do something than to do nothing, and it's easier to start and correct path along the way than it is to never start and succeed by osmosis.

A couple years back I started a successful online and offline advertising and marketing company. The day I started it, I had no knowledge of the industry outside of accidentally clicking the occasional banner ad online and a history of insomnia that led to watching many Don LuPree infomercials as a kid. I had no idea what to do but I knew that if I waited until I figured everything out I'd never get anything started. So I worked on what I did understand - I came up with a name, got an LLC, bought a domain, set up a website, etc. I was spinning my wheels and going nowhere but I was getting things done - in time, I found my traction and I took off and never looked back. But if I had sat around waiting all day every day, reading blogs and books and asking questions and wondering "where do I start" I'd still be sitting there now in a holding pattern. All those things that I thought wouldn't move me closer to my goal opened up new doors to things that did move me closer to my goals. Like MJ says, it's not an event. It's a process. You don't wake up one day and get a Superbowl ring, it's a series of small victories (and failures) that lead to that endgame event. The problem is most people only see the start and the end, and through the power of delusion imagine there is no middle and it's an A->B process.

Don't ignore the middle. Start small, but start something.

There really is no replacement for momentum in life, at least from what I've seen, and that applies to just about anything. The first few steps are the most painful but you find that the journey gets easier with time and experience.

Jessica J

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 28, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Going to hop in and kick the dead horse too. Action leads to outcome. Do something. Even if you're not 100% sure its the right thing to do, it's better to do something than to do nothing, and it's easier to start and correct path along the way than it is to never start and succeed by osmosis.

A couple years back I started a successful online and offline advertising and marketing company. The day I started it, I had no knowledge of the industry outside of accidentally clicking the occasional banner ad online and a history of insomnia that led to watching many Don LuPree infomercials as a kid. I had no idea what to do but I knew that if I waited until I figured everything out I'd never get anything started. So I worked on what I did understand - I came up with a name, got an LLC, bought a domain, set up a website, etc. I was spinning my wheels and going nowhere but I was getting things done - in time, I found my traction and I took off and never looked back. But if I had sat around waiting all day every day, reading blogs and books and asking questions and wondering "where do I start" I'd still be sitting there now in a holding pattern. All those things that I thought wouldn't move me closer to my goal opened up new doors to things that did move me closer to my goals. Like MJ says, it's not an event. It's a process. You don't wake up one day and get a Superbowl ring, it's a series of small victories (and failures) that lead to that endgame event. The problem is most people only see the start and the end, and through the power of delusion imagine there is no middle and it's an A->B process.

Don't ignore the middle. Start small, but start something.

There really is no replacement for momentum in life, at least from what I've seen, and that applies to just about anything. The first few steps are the most painful but you find that the journey gets easier with time and experience.
Thanks for kicking this dead horse haha ;-D Definitely loved your story I used to be an informercial-Nazi too (I own way too many things from infomercials) so I appreciate hearing how you went (and fought) through it =)

Torty Emmanuel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Feb 10, 2016
Lagos, Nigeria
Reading a book is like downloading new software into your brain and it takes time for this to happen. Being an avid reader myself, I've learnt a lot from many authors and have many virtual mentors I learn from. After reading a book like TMF , you really have to give yourself some time to reflect and absorb the information into your belief system because it is what will keep driving you to your fastlane goals.

One thing @MJ DeMarco did for me through his book was to give me new and solid WHYs on starting my journey on the Fastlane. Whenever I think of my WHYs for the journey it keeps me charged to keep taking action towards my goal no matter how strong the obstacles. Reading is good only when you apply the wisdom you distilled from it.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
now

LAMBO!

You responded and bumped a thread that was from 2014.

Jessica J was last seen:
Dec 5, 2014

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Start a business, create new habits. The idea is the same, your execution just has to be better. That's what TMF is all about, execution, execution, execution.

JoelM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Feb 21, 2018
Maryland, MD
Just finished reading the fastlane millionaire book. I will receive Unscripted today. I decided to stopped reading random books about finance and entrepreneurship and work on the process. The mind can create hundreds if not thousands of ideas every day. Narrow those ideas by CENTS commandments. Learn as you go, take one step at the time and keep working on the process.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.