The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finished "The Millionaire Fastlane"...NOW WHAT?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Jessica J

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 28, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
My boyfriend and I just finished the Fastlane and found ourselves working on our own stuff quite diligently and excitedly throughout the reading of the book...We were both SUPER Sidewalk people and are now finding it hard to regenerate momentum without our daily reading material...And now we've somehow lost that momentum =( Any tips on what you guys have done to harness that energy to keep moving forward???? PLEASE HELP!!! =) (THANKS GUYS SUPER EXCITED TO BE ON HERE TO LEARN FROM OTHER AWESOME FASTLANERS!!)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

HarryR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 21, 2013
NC, USA or traveling
10458102_10103980394983429_2974322667194275971_n.jpg

My boyfriend and I just finished the Fastlane and found ourselves working on our own stuff quite diligently and excitedly throughout the reading of the book...We were both SUPER Sidewalk people and are now finding it hard to regenerate momentum without our daily reading material...And now we've somehow lost that momentum =( Any tips on what you guys have done to harness that energy to keep moving forward???? PLEASE HELP!!! =) (THANKS GUYS SUPER EXCITED TO BE ON HERE TO LEARN FROM OTHER AWESOME FASTLANERS!!)
rereading the book is probably a good option, and consider reading some of the Gold posts here. Search for one by icecreamkid with the title something like the astonishing secrets zen*******

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
I dont know if this is appropriate or not but maybe you need a reason to keep going. Something that you can refer back to in your mind. On that note: Check this out, it may help with redundancy of the daily grind and boring task. Good Luck.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I would second what ZCP said.

In terms of rereading, I'd suggest you condense your best notes from the book into file to reread regularly. For most books on Kindle I end up with a note file of 5-10 pages. Like any decent book some passages are there to set the scene and don't need to be revisited often, whereas some would be helpful to reread maybe once a week.

I keep a file in My Documents called Best Notes with around my top 20 all time quotes from business books that I read at least once I week. The first happens to be a quote I took from Dan Kennedy's No BS Business Success before I read MFL, which happens to be on a very similar theme to parts of MFL.

"Businesses must be market driven. Not personal joy driven. Market driven. The list of people who got out of bed this morning hoping you will have passion and joy today is probably short. But the lists of people who get out of bed in the morning with diseases they desperately want cures for, problems they urgently seek solutions for, hopes and dreams they need help fulfilling, conveniences they’d welcome if offered—those lists are long. If you want to attract maximum wealth with minimum effort in minimum time, here’s the formula: find such a list for which you can engineer your own superior answer."

That's the kind of thing I like to be reminded of regularly because the fact is so much of the media junk out there gives people the happy fluffy bunny personal joy message, and when you've heard that for so many years it takes a bit of repetition to hammer it out of you.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
We were both SUPER Sidewalk people and are now finding it hard to regenerate momentum without our daily reading material...And now we've somehow lost that momentum =( Any tips on what you guys have done to harness that energy to keep moving forward?

My advice always varies based on where the person is in their life. If you are in the absolute beginning then read my thread here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...that-zen*******-never-told-you…exposed.50097/

The thread focuses mostly on mindset which is the foundation of all success. You can have the best biz strategy laid out in front of you, but if your mindset isn't right then you will fail due to fear, inability to manage your emotional state, etc.

If you are past the mindset molding phase then I recommend that you write down what your financial goal is and give yourself ONE task every single day that must be accomplished. This must be an ACTIVE task that moves you TOWARDS the financial goal. Reading books, articles, forums, etc does not fit into the active category.

Accomplishing just one task every day eventually compounds into a massive snowball. It is really that simple.

Rico777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
900%
Jun 26, 2014
In my experience there is no way to constantly feel motivated. Remember, constant action creates constant motivation. Seldom does motivation create constant action.
Just keep moving in the right direction, you will create some circumstances that will keep you motivated!
I read a great quote years ago that has stuck with me...
COMMITMENT MEANS STAYING LOYAL TO WHAT YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO DO LONG AFTER THE MOOD YOU SAID IT IN HAS LEFT YOU.

leveragehacker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 28, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Share your project with Fastlane and we'll help guide you through the best action steps to take next.

And read some more books. Check out Four Hour Work Week - I'd put that right next to The Millionaire Fastlane in terms of epic motivation

TWR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 20, 2014
North East Scotland
As IceCreamKid mentions above.

Set and review goals daily.

Write down your goals rather than just imagining. I never believed how powerful writing things down was until well after I started.

Jessica J

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 28, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
In my experience there is no way to constantly feel motivated. Remember, constant action creates constant motivation. Seldom does motivation create constant action.
Just keep moving in the right direction, you will create some circumstances that will keep you motivated!
I read a great quote years ago that has stuck with me...
COMMITMENT MEANS STAYING LOYAL TO WHAT YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO DO LONG AFTER THE MOOD YOU SAID IT IN HAS LEFT YOU.
I've tended to throw the baby out with the bath water in the past and this has really helped me gain perspective in regards to thinking "PROCESS!!" vs. "EVENT!" I'm writing this quote down and making it handy thank you so much! =D

Jessica J

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 28, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
My advice always varies based on where the person is in their life. If you are in the absolute beginning then read my thread here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/the-astonishing-secrets-that-zen*******-never-told-you…exposed.50097/

The thread focuses mostly on mindset which is the foundation of all success. You can have the best biz strategy laid out in front of you, but if your mindset isn't right then you will fail due to fear, inability to manage your emotional state, etc.

If you are past the mindset molding phase then I recommend that you write down what your financial goal is and give yourself ONE task every single day that must be accomplished. This must be an ACTIVE task that moves you TOWARDS the financial goal. Reading books, articles, forums, etc does not fit into the active category.

Accomplishing just one task every day eventually compounds into a massive snowball. It is really that simple.
Haha IceCreamKid thank you SO MUCH for telling me reading books, articles, forums doesn't fit into active category because I've considered them such up until I read what you said. In fact, as soon as I read that I immediately got started on ACTIVE tasks...THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS (ps - did anyone ever tell you you look like George Clooney? ;-) )

Catalyst

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Oct 16, 2013
Phoenix, AZ ( Ahwatukee )
So I assume if you were making progress that you have a definitive "thing" you are working in.

If that is the case then staying motivated isn't hard at all with the correct process. It's very simple and something many people overlook, but a common theme you will see throughout those thread of action takers.

DO ONE THING EVERY DAY that gets you closer to your goal. If you are on step 5 focus on step 6, don't worry about step 589.

Get a white board , small 5 dollar one, write a goal for the next day, complete that goal and erase and add the next step. If you have steps with large lead times, add intermediate goals that support the next step while that one is being complete. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING will motivate you as much as accomplishment.

Jessica J

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 28, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
So I assume if you were making progress that you have a definitive "thing" you are working in.

If that is the case then staying motivated isn't hard at all with the correct process. It's very simple and something many people overlook, but a common theme you will see throughout those thread of action takers.

DO ONE THING EVERY DAY that gets you closer to your goal. If you are on step 5 focus on step 6, don't worry about step 589.

Get a white board , small 5 dollar one, write a goal for the next day, complete that goal and erase and add the next step. If you have steps with large lead times, add intermediate goals that support the next step while that one is being complete. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING will motivate you as much as accomplishment.
Catalyst you got me lol I'm a "Worry About Step 589 When I'm Only On Step 5" kinda girl =T My friend who recommended The Fastlane to me said, "Jessica, you're worrying about the color of the cash register before you even have a store."I like your white board idea though thanks for it! =)

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Read the thread that ICK linked you
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/the-astonishing-secrets-that-zen*******-never-told-you…exposed.50097/

See the blue, take the mouse, scroll it over, click.

Still here?
Why?
Click it.

Aight, now you've read it (pretty awesome eh!) you should make your goal, first and foremost to change into a responsible and courageous woman, that is generous with how much effort she puts into this.

Years later you must still be going, and you must must must aim to get profitable. And sustain your own expences and ventures.

Profit first... after you get profit you won't think about fancy pants businesses, you'll just wanna get paid for the 24/7 grind you are in.

Jessica J

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 28, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Read the thread that ICK linked you
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/the-astonishing-secrets-that-zen*******-never-told-you…exposed.50097/

See the blue, take the mouse, scroll it over, click.

Still here?
Why?
Click it.

Aight, now you've read it (pretty awesome eh!) you should make your goal, first and foremost to change into a responsible and courageous woman, that is generous with how much effort she puts into this.

Years later you must still be going, and you must must must aim to get profitable. And sustain your own expences and ventures.

Profit first... after you get profit you won't think about fancy pants businesses, you'll just wanna get paid for the 24/7 grind you are in.
I took my mouse, scrolled over it, and clicked...AND READ ALL OF IT! ;-) Thanks so much I've never heard, "make your goal, first and foremost to change into a responsible and courageous woman" and I think in all of this I lost site of the ME in the equation...Thanks for the reminder and GOAL WRITTEN!

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Welcome to the forum. I'll suggest a few other books you may be interested in reading:

The Miracle Morning [Super Positive Life Changing Stuff in here]
How To Get Rich [by Felix Dennis: $900M Networth]
Four Hour Work Week
(As leveragehacker has recommended)
The ONE Thing
The Lean Startup

There are many other great reads, but these are some of the greater ones, aside from Millionaire Fastlane .

Jessica J

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 28, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Welcome to the forum. I'll suggest a few other books you may be interested in reading:

The Miracle Morning [Super Positive Life Changing Stuff in here]
How To Get Rich [by Felix Dennis: $900M Networth]
Four Hour Work Week
(As leveragehacker has recommended)
The ONE Thing
The Lean Startup

There are many other great reads, but these are some of the greater ones, aside from Millionaire Fastlane .
AWESOME thanks Aidan! =)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Something to think about...

If you slip into a watery canal and start drowning, do you ask, "Gee, what's the next step?"

Nope, you don't. You have a problem. And the problem needs to be fixed. There's your hint on "now what?"

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm assuming you and your boyfriend don't have much of a background in business or entrepreneurship? If so this is pretty common.

Action and motivation is crippled when there is no clear and distinct plan or purpose.

I suggest you read some books on the basics of business. Go to Barnes and Noble or the library or online.

Once you have a foundation on thinking about business the right way and you engage life, you will find opportunities and you will have a clear idea on how to embark on those business opportunities.

Then once you spot a business opportunity, the steps to execute become clear. There will be thousands of steps. This is the process.

Success is about probabilities. The biggest thing I have ever learned about business is that the more difficult it is, the higher the probabilities of success. So if you ever find yourself struggling or ready to quit, remember that you will have a higher chance of success than an entrepreneur who has it easy. So get excited when shit gets tough or you pursue a business with high barriers to entry because it means you have good probabilities; maybe 33%-66%!

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Write him a check for $500 (or some number that causes you pain)
He does the same - making the check out to you.
Set one week goals... each of you.

If he doesn't meet the goal, you can cash his check.
If you don't meet your goal, then he can cash your check.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
If you slip into a watery canal and start drowning, do you ask, "Gee, what's the next step?"
Nope, you don't. You have a problem. And the problem needs to be fixed

Haha,

Cognitive dissonance
It only happens once you completely commit to the path and leave no road out (quitting).

If you are not going to quit, oh does the pain begin

Jessica J

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 28, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Something to think about...

Nope, you don't. You have a problem. And the problem needs to be fixed. There's your hint on "now what?"
MJ I'm more than honored to have been presented with that analogy from you =D I appreciate the hint ;-)

Jessica J

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 28, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I'm assuming you and your boyfriend don't have much of a background in business or entrepreneurship? If so this is pretty common.

Action and motivation is crippled when there is no clear and distinct plan or purpose.

I suggest you read some books on the basics of business. Go to Barnes and Noble or the library or online.

Once you have a foundation on thinking about business the right way and you engage life, you will find opportunities and you will have a clear idea on how to embark on those business opportunities.

Then once you spot a business opportunity, the steps to execute become clear. There will be thousands of steps. This is the process.

Success is about probabilities. The biggest thing I have ever learned about business is that the more difficult it is, the higher the probabilities of success. So if you ever find yourself struggling or ready to quit, remember that you will have a higher chance of success than an entrepreneur who has it easy. So get excited when shit gets tough or you pursue a business with high barriers to entry because it means you have good probabilities; maybe 33%-66%!
I really like that socaldude (hey neighbor!) "Get excited when shit gets tough"...definitely a new way for me to look at it I heard Arnold Schwarzenegger equated pain during workouts with orgasms...I LOVE IT THANKS =)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.