- Joined
- Oct 3, 2007
- Messages
- 1,743
Rep Bank
$1,255
$1,255
User Power: 28%
It's strange writing this, I figured it would be much different when the day came. The reality is, I've found my fastlane, and it's very different than what I once subscribed to.
For those of you who don't know me personally, MJ has pretty much been my idol. I'm a construction worker turned internet entrepreneur (small scale), got my start on the Rich Dad forums, but was quickly rescued from that cesspool. I read MJ's success stories, his insights, his accomplishments, and ate it up. By golly, I wanted to be him! I want 100k/month, I want a Lambo, I wan't 47k/mo passive!!!!
I'm gonna live that dream baby!
For a couple years now, I've chased it. The wrong way, with the wrong intent.
I'm the type of person that gets hungry... and I mean REALLY hungry when I want something. I will outwork you. I will out buy you. I will destroy you if needed. IF, I'm truly passionate.
Well my friends, I'm betting a lot of you here are following someone else's dreams. I was.
You see, when I was growing up, there were no lambos in my dreams. I didn't dream of speeding down a highway with the top down. Nope, quite the opposite really.
I'm a rugged outdoorsy guy, who loves extreme sports, traveling, and anything with a motor that runs flat out on dirt! In my dreams, there were four wheelers, mountains, fishing, anything and everything outdoors. You'd never guess where my screen name came from eh?
It wasn't until recently that I realized I had been living my dreams for quite some time. Even writing this now, seems kinda hard to believe and I still question it. But it's true.
I don't have to work, when I do work it's on my time. I am my own boss. I can travel anytime I please and can work from anywhere there's an internet connection. I can't be any happier with 10mil than I am right now. I can get things that will bring me certain types of gratification that I cannot afford right now, but on my death bed, those will not make my life feel any more fulfilled. It's kind of like poor money management... if you can't be rich with 100k/year, you'll never be rich with 10 million a year.
So have I achieved my fastlane? Right now, I have. I'm free. I control my days. I decide most every facet of my life that I can control within US rights. Could Armageddon hit tomorrow and it all go belly up? Sure, but I've done the best I can do up until this point in time, and I don't subscribe to that bullshit anyway. lol
Back to my own dreams... I really don't know how I got away from them, but holy shit am I glad I did! You see, that detour contributed to my current position. had I not looked at achieving those things, I wouldn't have made the choices I made and I wouldn't be where I am today.
That said, it's ok to use another persons wants and needs as a catapult, but when you get to a certain point you've gotta come back to your core. I dreamt of 20 different types of four wheelers, acreage in the back country, snowmobiles in the winter, anything and everything mountains, not lambos. This is my core. You need to learn to be harmonious with your core.
Now it's hard for me to write this because I'll put a week old sock in my mouth before I say I don't wanna be sittin' on an 8 figure stack. BUT, I can be happy without it and it doesn't control my happiness anymore. I would like more money because I like flexibility. I crave it. I like to do things for people on a whim just because. More money can buy me those experiences, and that my friends, is another realization. Experiencing the money is better than the money itself. It's like having the hottest chick in school... once you get her, meh, I can have that. Then and only then can you really see if that's what you really want.
To some extent I feel the same way about my bank account. it hasn't reached the levels that I personally would rejoice over for the rest of my life, but I've found that it's living the lifestyle I really wanted, and I can do that either way.
So what am I doing and how did I come to this realization? I took my (almost 90) Grandmother and Aunt to the boonies in Maine for the summer. I built myself a little work area, I can fly fish everyday, drink beer with the old fisherman, go riding, hike, pretty much anything I want.
I'm not sure if this will mean anything to anyone, but some things to this affect were posted on here long ago and it helped me, so cheers fastlaners! :cheers:
PS- special thanks to MJ. MJ is responsible for me seeing the light. Thanks MJ, if it weren't for you, I might just still be swinging a hammer! :smx4:
PPS- a little side note. I've always wondered what the best thing I could to do repay MJ, and it wasn't until recently that I realized what that is. I helped someone recently and they were forever grateful and wanted to do this and that for me. Nah, it wasn't about that, I just wanted the gratification of seeing them apply what I gave them, and continue to succeed on their own two feet.
Well Mike, it's not a new LP700-4, but thank you so very much!
And tell momma Demarco you trined me well, I ain't gettin no job baby!!!!
For those of you who don't know me personally, MJ has pretty much been my idol. I'm a construction worker turned internet entrepreneur (small scale), got my start on the Rich Dad forums, but was quickly rescued from that cesspool. I read MJ's success stories, his insights, his accomplishments, and ate it up. By golly, I wanted to be him! I want 100k/month, I want a Lambo, I wan't 47k/mo passive!!!!
I'm gonna live that dream baby!
For a couple years now, I've chased it. The wrong way, with the wrong intent.
I'm the type of person that gets hungry... and I mean REALLY hungry when I want something. I will outwork you. I will out buy you. I will destroy you if needed. IF, I'm truly passionate.
Well my friends, I'm betting a lot of you here are following someone else's dreams. I was.
You see, when I was growing up, there were no lambos in my dreams. I didn't dream of speeding down a highway with the top down. Nope, quite the opposite really.
I'm a rugged outdoorsy guy, who loves extreme sports, traveling, and anything with a motor that runs flat out on dirt! In my dreams, there were four wheelers, mountains, fishing, anything and everything outdoors. You'd never guess where my screen name came from eh?
It wasn't until recently that I realized I had been living my dreams for quite some time. Even writing this now, seems kinda hard to believe and I still question it. But it's true.
I don't have to work, when I do work it's on my time. I am my own boss. I can travel anytime I please and can work from anywhere there's an internet connection. I can't be any happier with 10mil than I am right now. I can get things that will bring me certain types of gratification that I cannot afford right now, but on my death bed, those will not make my life feel any more fulfilled. It's kind of like poor money management... if you can't be rich with 100k/year, you'll never be rich with 10 million a year.
So have I achieved my fastlane? Right now, I have. I'm free. I control my days. I decide most every facet of my life that I can control within US rights. Could Armageddon hit tomorrow and it all go belly up? Sure, but I've done the best I can do up until this point in time, and I don't subscribe to that bullshit anyway. lol
Back to my own dreams... I really don't know how I got away from them, but holy shit am I glad I did! You see, that detour contributed to my current position. had I not looked at achieving those things, I wouldn't have made the choices I made and I wouldn't be where I am today.
That said, it's ok to use another persons wants and needs as a catapult, but when you get to a certain point you've gotta come back to your core. I dreamt of 20 different types of four wheelers, acreage in the back country, snowmobiles in the winter, anything and everything mountains, not lambos. This is my core. You need to learn to be harmonious with your core.
Now it's hard for me to write this because I'll put a week old sock in my mouth before I say I don't wanna be sittin' on an 8 figure stack. BUT, I can be happy without it and it doesn't control my happiness anymore. I would like more money because I like flexibility. I crave it. I like to do things for people on a whim just because. More money can buy me those experiences, and that my friends, is another realization. Experiencing the money is better than the money itself. It's like having the hottest chick in school... once you get her, meh, I can have that. Then and only then can you really see if that's what you really want.
To some extent I feel the same way about my bank account. it hasn't reached the levels that I personally would rejoice over for the rest of my life, but I've found that it's living the lifestyle I really wanted, and I can do that either way.
So what am I doing and how did I come to this realization? I took my (almost 90) Grandmother and Aunt to the boonies in Maine for the summer. I built myself a little work area, I can fly fish everyday, drink beer with the old fisherman, go riding, hike, pretty much anything I want.
I'm not sure if this will mean anything to anyone, but some things to this affect were posted on here long ago and it helped me, so cheers fastlaners! :cheers:
PS- special thanks to MJ. MJ is responsible for me seeing the light. Thanks MJ, if it weren't for you, I might just still be swinging a hammer! :smx4:
PPS- a little side note. I've always wondered what the best thing I could to do repay MJ, and it wasn't until recently that I realized what that is. I helped someone recently and they were forever grateful and wanted to do this and that for me. Nah, it wasn't about that, I just wanted the gratification of seeing them apply what I gave them, and continue to succeed on their own two feet.
Well Mike, it's not a new LP700-4, but thank you so very much!
And tell momma Demarco you trined me well, I ain't gettin no job baby!!!!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
