The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Find and search for accountability partners

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
Hey there,

Do you want an accountability partner to keep you in check and force you to stop procrastinating? I'm looking for someone for that. Another fastlaner that can help keep eachother on the right path to success and makes sure we're accomplishing our daily goals towards the fastlane.

Message me on here or in the thread to get in touch over skype.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Unsure if this was ever answered, but interested.

What is your criteria? (Anyone else who wants to comment and partner up as well, feel free).

KrakenCash

Remembering to Provide Value
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Sep 30, 2016
Florida
Unsure if this was ever answered, but interested.

What is your criteria? (Anyone else who wants to comment and partner up as well, feel free).

If he's no longer available -- I am.

PM me with your skype information if you're still looking for someone.

douevenshift

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Aug 1, 2016
I am also interested if someone wants to PM me skype info.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hey there,

Do you want an accountability partner to keep you in check and force you to stop procrastinating? I'm looking for someone for that. Another fastlaner that can help keep eachother on the right path to success and makes sure we're accomplishing our daily goals towards the fastlane.

Message me on here or in the thread to get in touch over skype.

This kind of crap is akin to safe spaces and participation trophies.

If you need an accountabilabuddy to get work done you've got problems this forum can't fix.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Want a real accountability partner? How about an investor that will sue your a$$ if you don't do what you say you will do.

douevenshift

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Aug 1, 2016
You

This kind of crap is akin to safe spaces and participation trophies.

If you need an accountabilabuddy to get work done you've got problems this forum can't fix.

I think its more along the lines of we would help each other by sharinig what works, what doesnt work, etc. Not just someone to hold hands with. Also having a 2nd opinion on what you're doing isn't (always) a bad thing.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I think its more along the lines of we would help each other by sharinig what works, what doesnt work, etc. Not just someone to hold hands with. Also having a 2nd opinion on what you're doing isn't (always) a bad thing.

This example of an action fake has such a big disease that even when called on it you still stick up for it. Dude. Accountability partner? Really? When was the last time you met a wealthy person that owes their success to an accountability partner?

You either want it or you don't.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I'll let my market hold me accountable for my actions.

If I don't provide value and sell it, I don't eat. (and neither do my kids)

Simple. Effective.

Wizztii

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 24, 2016
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum and I'm so glad I've seen this because I've been wanting an accountability partner or better still..... partners.

Here is a bit of information about me for better matching criteria.
I'm 23
Male
Living in the Uk
Next year's main goals is to have a total net balance/worth of £1,000,000.

Inbox me if you would like to be my accountability partner .
Kind regards
Wizz

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum and I'm so glad I've seen this because I've been wanting an accountability partner or better still..... partners.

Here is a bit of information about me for better matching criteria.
I'm 23
Male
Living in the Uk
Next year's main goals is to have a total net balance/worth of £1,000,000.

Inbox me if you would like to be my accountability partner .
Kind regards
Wizz

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk

Two step plan:

Get accountabilibuddy.
Get rich.

I hope you're a drug dealer with a plan like that.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016
Will you be partaking in Kumbaya as well?

lol

Trud09

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 23, 2016
This example of an action fake has such a big disease that even when called on it you still stick up for it. Dude. Accountability partner? Really? When was the last time you met a wealthy person that owes their success to an accountability partner?

You either want it or you don't.

Hi Kak,

I respect you and your drive completely. From what I have read and heard from other members here, you are wildly successful.

I think the only thing missing here is what works for you may not work for everyone else from a psychology standpoint. If someone needs a little extra motivation to get there from peer pressure, is it that bad; as long as it still gets done? I know you might be on a completely different level from other people here, just telling them to go get it done doesn't work for everyone. That is why not everyone is in the top 1%. I understand personally as I have struggled with depression at different times in my life. People just telling me to do it were unhelpful. I am not blaming other people for them doing anything wrong, my brain just wasn't functioning like a normal person. Different things motivate different people. Sometimes hearing others succeed in different ways is helpful. Some people need other like minded friends to give them the boost they need. That has been the case for me in some seasons of life. It might not be as effective as just doing it as you say. I might even be viewing it wrong, and you might be right. I am not uber successful in a millionaires sense, but I am on progress to reach my goals, and that is what I find important to me.

I am not saying I have it all figured out by any means. That is why some of us are here, is to learn how to be a better business person. Some others are here to share their knowledge. As you said though it is easy to action fake. Maybe accountability will help people not action fake days away.

I think you get the point.

Regardless, I am open to joining accountability. Message me if you want.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
What if you changed the word 'accountability' to a personal mastermind with a one or two close friends?
In a given year, could you go faster with your goals if you had a phone call with your friend once a week to review goals, give advice, and push each other?

dave773

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Dec 29, 2016
australia
Most of us have been nurtured our whole lives by our mothers. Do you really want to continue living this way?

Maybe I am an idiot for it to take 4 years since I first read TMF to realise this, but members like Kak & Vigilante post here everyday and are met with posts like yours (and many others!). Instead of saying 'I'm too old for this shit..', they give you the hard love you need. Just listen for once and maybe it will sink in..

Last edited:

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
I'll budge on the accountabilibuddy thing if you can name one millionaire (who isn't a guru) who is quoted on saying they used this and it was key to their success. I sure haven't found one yet.

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
Maybe that's cuz we have such a massive sample size to dissect data as we please, amirite?

O'leary stated that all his most successful ventures were done with a partner. Of course, partner might mean something different here.

That said, personally I learn towards @Kak's style of hard-a$$.

"If you want my advice, Peter, you've made a mistake already. By asking me. By asking anyone. Never ask people. Not about your work. Don't you know what you want? How can you stand it, not to know?"
Chapter II, p. 28 ; Howard Roark to Peter Keating

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It isnt 100% a bad idea.

Surrounding yourself with people with similar goals who are commited to become succesful is never a bad thing. You might even say that people here start progress threads to be held accountable with other succesful people that cannot let down

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
An entrepreneur is someone who engages in commerce, not in an employment arrangement, but rather an ownership arrangement.

Im not a hard a$$. Im not an a**hole. Im not special. I just know what entrepreneurship is.

The title of the thread and topic at hand here is "Accountability Partners" not business partners, not investors, mentors or advisors... Accountability Partners.

I take business seriously. Entrepreneurship is built upon a foundation of accountability and self motivation. If you don't own yourself you will never truly own your business. @MidwestLandlord absolutely nailed it with being accountable to the market or YOU FAIL.

I have a final call to action for all of you on this topic. Keep in mind, Im not doing any of this for me. Im doing this for you. I don't care how much speed or forum dollars I have. I regularly give them away $100 at a time and wish it wasn't capped. I don't care if you are impressed with me. I literally don't give a shit. With that said:

Stop being total pussies and take responsibility for yourselves. No one is going to do it for you.

Last edited:

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
O'Leary says he partners with people because they are good at what he is bad at.

Mark Cuban does this too.

O'Leary gave one example of a time when he partnered with someone who was good at logistics. He said he did it because logistics is a weakness for him but it was vital to that business.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Here's the proof if you don't believe me. Start at 3:30. I'm a bit of a fan.. :)

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Haha thanks @Kak for saying something that's been on my mind lately. F*ck accountability. Just do it.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I've read of a few people who have handed their friend/mentors large sums of cash on the agreement that if a certain goal isn't met in a certain time frame, the cash is theirs to keep. Seems to kick people into action quick-sharp.

Does that count as an accountability partner?

As I wrote this I had a fantastic business idea for one of you e-com guys. Design a piggy bank which shreds cash when goals aren't acheived...

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
648%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I've read of a few people who have handed their friend/mentors large sums of cash on the agreement that if a certain goal isn't met in a certain time frame, the cash is theirs to keep. Seems to kick people into action quick-sharp.

Does that count as an accountability partner?

As I wrote this I had a fantastic business idea for one of you e-com guys. Design a piggy bank which shreds cash when goals aren't acheived...

That works, but as entrepreneurs, why simulate something that you can do for real?

Instead of handing the money to a friend, why not invest your bank account into the business? You either survive or starve.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
That works, but as entrepreneurs, why simulate something that you can do for real?

Instead of handing the money to a friend, why not invest your bank account into the business? You either survive or starve.

Valid, but not everything in business requires cash investment. Often it is a time investment which is needed. There is also a difference between surviving and thriving. As entrepreneurs, we want to thrive, not survive.

I think sometimes the comradery on this forum makes us forgot that we are still human. We have flaws, and lots of them, and we all have different flaws.

While I have never had a problem with self motivation, I do know people who have. However when someone lights a fire under their a$$ they MOVE and produce some incredible results. If that's what an "accountability partner" does for someone, I don't think we should be too fast to judge. As long as people know it isn't a magic bullet.

Maybe I'm being naive.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.