The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Financial Public Speakers

Anything related to investing, including crypto

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Does anyone on here have any connections with someone in the finance industry? I manage an entrepreneurship conference and this year we are holding it in May in NYC. We are looking for an interesting speaker who can talk about finance. Any leads would be appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mkzhang

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 30, 2009
Anything more specific in the Finance industry? I know a load of investment bankers, but maybe what you are looking for is private equity managers?

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Anything more specific in the Finance industry? I know a load of investment bankers, but maybe what you are looking for is private equity managers?

Our conference is in NYC, so I wanted someone with a finance background that could speak to a group of entrepreneurs for about 2-3 hours. Investment bankers, private equity, traders, almost anything really as long as they can speak well.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
is there an opportunity for the speaker to attract clients or be paid?

depends on the speaker. I tried to get Major Bloomberg, but his office said he was already booked for that time period. He would not get paid, nor could he as it likely would be a conflict.

some of our speakers get paid depending on content. some do it for free to have access to our group. either for their own personal networking opportunity (we attract entrepreneurs from around the world with companies as small as about $2m up to $100+m), or for the opportunity to attract potential clients.

we don't allow a hard sell, but many of our attendees end up doing business with the speakers due to their credibility.

our speakers have ranged from the founder of boston chicken, the founder of jiffy lube, the founder of blue rhino, several inc 500 top 10 guys, the founder of the roomba vacuum, the director of the ayn rand institute, some top level economists, a couple of attorneys, and many others.

mkzhang

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 30, 2009
I am just wondering because if I ask my friend to come in, and all he speaks about is spacs, RTO, and the PIPE markets in general I doubt any entrepreneurs would be interested in that.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I am just wondering because if I ask my friend to come in, and all he speaks about is spacs, RTO, and the PIPE markets in general I doubt any entrepreneurs would be interested in that.

gotcha, it would need to be relatable to entrepreneurs. I went to an investment conference in January and heard Jim Rogers and Robin Bachelor speak about commodities. While Bachelor was a bit technical, they both would have made great speakers for our group, because the content was relevant and they made it understandable.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
can you supply dates, info, location etc...? thanks.

(maybe I'll attend, lol)

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
depends on the speaker. I tried to get Major Bloomberg, but his office said he was already booked for that time period. He would not get paid, nor could he as it likely would be a conflict.

some of our speakers get paid depending on content. some do it for free to have access to our group. either for their own personal networking opportunity (we attract entrepreneurs from around the world with companies as small as about $2m up to $100+m), or for the opportunity to attract potential clients.

we don't allow a hard sell, but many of our attendees end up doing business with the speakers due to their credibility.

our speakers have ranged from the founder of boston chicken, the founder of jiffy lube, the founder of blue rhino, several inc 500 top 10 guys, the founder of the roomba vacuum, the director of the ayn rand institute, some top level economists, a couple of attorneys, and many others.

Steve Forbes? (looking for campaign donations from corporations, perhaps?)

The Donald lives in NY part of the time. I've heard he's about $1,000,000 for a speaking gig, tho.

(the back story on how the Donald got the mil' is a great one-- prolly the only thing I remember from reading the Kiyosaki/Trump book)

Why not shoot for the moon? Find out what Peter Schiff is doing, and ask him. Make his presentation a media circus, promo the crap out of it. Make it viral. Peter doesn't shy away from the limelight.

-Russ H.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
(the back story on how the Donald got the mil' is a great one-- prolly the only thing I remember from reading the Kiyosaki/Trump book)

-Russ H.

Mind sharing it?:thankyousign:

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
can you supply dates, info, location etc...? thanks.

(maybe I'll attend, lol)

The event is May 12-16, but unfortunately it is a by-invitation event. It started in 2005 as a 3 year program at MIT (5 days per year) call the EO Entrepreneurship Masters Program. At the end of year 3, 2007, our group decided to continue the program self-managed, but the requirements were that any new attendees must have completed this program at MIT. We have taken on a couple of new people from other years, but they all completed this program.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Steve Forbes? (looking for campaign donations from corporations, perhaps?)

The Donald lives in NY part of the time. I've heard he's about $1,000,000 for a speaking gig, tho.

Why not shoot for the moon? Find out what Peter Schiff is doing, and ask him. Make his presentation a media circus, promo the crap out of it. Make it viral. Peter doesn't shy away from the limelight.

-Russ H.

Hmm, never thought about Forbes. Maybe I will give that a shot. Donald is out, too expensive. I have already sent Schiff an email, but no reply yet.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009