The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Financial Liberation

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Alucard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 24, 2021
After being recommended the Millionaire Fastlane by a friend and reading it a week ago, nothing has seemed so painfully evident.

I'm currently slogging through a 4-year business degree... just so I can get the "privilege" to work a 40-year dead-end job from 9-5 every day and trading in 5 days of my life for 2 days of false freedom.
It's crazy to think that I've gone almost 2 decades of my life following and abiding by the slow lane... I was always a good student, working extra hard to achieve the best results. But now, I find it kind of funny... my entire academic life has really set me up for one thing:

A life of mediocrity.

Nowhere was I taught how to think for myself, how to create my own vision while providing value for others, and how to make that vision reality.

As irritating as it is to be deceived by society for so long, I am abundantly happy and grateful to have realized this early on in my life, and now, with the start of this process thread, I am fully committed to living beyond mediocrity... and achieving Financial Liberation.

My Execution Plan:
I'm going to take the Web design freelance route, not only for the cash flow but for INSIDERS experiences into other businesses and for developing business skills that will ultimately lead me to the Fastlane.

When I've found an opportunity that can provide value to millions, I will execute on that, and speed on the Fastlane.

Ultimately, I want to retire before 30. I've realized how much I hate working, and although I can work really, really hard to accomplish my goals, I've concluded that my life won't be a work simulator.

What I've done:
From the start of September to the beginning of October, I did half of a 100-day code course on Udemy and would say I am now intermidate+ with python, however, I've discontinued this for a faster lane.

I've read some gold threads, most notably like a small fraction of Fox's web design thread, and some of guitarmandan's thread.
I've also read the 1,000,000 dollar web designer guide as well as Breaking the Time Barrier and I now understand I'm in the business of generating value, not making beautiful designs.

Current Goals:
Finish Udemy course on making great websites (I am halfway through right now) before the end of the week. ( 3 more days to do this.)
Then I will practice this skill set by making some value-producing websites for family->friends->customers->even bigger customers.

So next week, I will be talking to a family member about their business problems and figuring out how I can generate the most value for their business. (10 days to do this. 3 days for the course)

Read all of fox's web design thread less than 2 weeks from now (<14 days from now) If I can absorb this quickly I will do guitarmandan's as well.

Read unscripted before the end of the month. I feel like I'm already taking strong steps to break me from the script, so this read isn't as urgent to me right now, but I still feel there is a lot of value to be found in this book.(24 days to do this)

If anyone has some advice for starting out, or some books to read, please send them my way, I greatly appreciate it.

I want to get to the point where I could be like Leonardo here with his money. Fun coupons :)

To financial liberation!

Build Responsive Websites with HTML5 and CSS3

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, great to have ya.

Alucard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 24, 2021
Welcome my friend, great to have ya.
<3

Thank you for making this treasure trove of value... with this available(and for free!) it makes it impossible for anyone not to achieve financial liberation.

vroom vroom....
my future lambo calls for me ;)

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
After being recommended the Millionaire Fastlane by a friend and reading it a week ago, nothing has seemed so painfully evident.

I'm currently slogging through a 4-year business degree... just so I can get the "privilege" to work a 40-year dead-end job from 9-5 every day and trading in 5 days of my life for 2 days of false freedom.
It's crazy to think that I've gone almost 2 decades of my life following and abiding by the slow lane... I was always a good student, working extra hard to achieve the best results. But now, I find it kind of funny... my entire academic life has really set me up for one thing:

A life of mediocrity.

Nowhere was I taught how to think for myself, how to create my own vision while providing value for others, and how to make that vision reality.

As irritating as it is to be deceived by society for so long, I am abundantly happy and grateful to have realized this early on in my life, and now, with the start of this process thread, I am fully committed to living beyond mediocrity... and achieving Financial Liberation.

My Execution Plan:
I'm going to take the Web design freelance route, not only for the cash flow but for INSIDERS experiences into other businesses and for developing business skills that will ultimately lead me to the Fastlane.

When I've found an opportunity that can provide value to millions, I will execute on that, and speed on the Fastlane.

Ultimately, I want to retire before 30. I've realized how much I hate working, and although I can work really, really hard to accomplish my goals, I've concluded that my life won't be a work simulator.

What I've done:
From the start of September to the beginning of October, I did half of a 100-day code course on Udemy and would say I am now intermidate+ with python, however, I've discontinued this for a faster lane.

I've read some gold threads, most notably like a small fraction of Fox's web design thread, and some of guitarmandan's thread.
I've also read the 1,000,000 dollar web designer guide as well as Breaking the Time Barrier and I now understand I'm in the business of generating value, not making beautiful designs.

Current Goals:
Finish Udemy course on making great websites (I am halfway through right now) before the end of the week. ( 3 more days to do this.)
Then I will practice this skill set by making some value-producing websites for family->friends->customers->even bigger customers.

So next week, I will be talking to a family member about their business problems and figuring out how I can generate the most value for their business. (10 days to do this. 3 days for the course)

Read all of fox's web design thread less than 2 weeks from now (<14 days from now) If I can absorb this quickly I will do guitarmandan's as well.

Read unscripted before the end of the month. I feel like I'm already taking strong steps to break me from the script, so this read isn't as urgent to me right now, but I still feel there is a lot of value to be found in this book.(24 days to do this)

If anyone has some advice for starting out, or some books to read, please send them my way, I greatly appreciate it.

I want to get to the point where I could be like Leonardo here with his money. Fun coupons :)

To financial liberation!

Build Responsive Websites with HTML5 and CSS3
Go for it. Build some sites and see how you do with it

Alucard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 24, 2021
Sunday Review
10/11/2021

Finished the udemy course, however, I must say that I was spacing out after like 6 hours of learning web design. I think I got most of the value I could have got right up to the point I started spacing out. I've realized a lot of web design is case by case, so to really develop this skillset I gotta get in the field.

So....

That's what this next week is going to be about.

I'm setting up a meeting with my mom for tomorrow morning. She started this party decoration business like 2 years ago and I must say its been such a motivator for me to see how much more money she's making doing this gig than working her college degree.

She makes these exquisite designs that really just bring life to any party. She's really talented.
However... she's not reaching her potential in this business as her website looks like a 5-year-old made it, and it's practically impossible to find without typing the exact URL into Google. Given her industry, I think many of her clients google decorations before taking their search further and asking their friends and family about decorators(most of her business now are 80% referrals 20% walk-ins. But I've asked her and she says the majority of her clients already have something on their mind that they got from googling before they talk to her.

With this in mind, I really think I can take her business to the next level ;)

Before I go to sleep I will look up some videos to further clarify what exactly my value to her business is(I have a hunch, but I don't fully know it yet haha). I'll make a list of talking points to guide her through the process and really understand her business in and out, so that I can deliver a product that creates results.

I expect to have this project done by the end of next week on par with the previous schedule.

Some actual review:
Was super inefficient last night/this morning. I've noticed that I work most efficiently when I'm like a train that just keeps moving and never stops. The moment when I do stop and do another task, It's hard to get back on the hustle. I had a friend come over last night and it was like a 4 hour sidetrack... that turned into a 10 hour sidetrack from lost momentum. I've mentally noted this effect, however, and will be more cautious with my grind.

Read a lot of Fox's thread, put what I found most valuable in a google doc. Still, so much I haven't touched, however. Maybe like 25 pages worth(although I'm noticing a lot of repeating threads)
Some additions to the timeline

Priority from High to Low:
1) Think of what brand I'm trying to build for my business. As of now, I'm trying to go for the motivational progression type vibe. I want to sell hope and my value is In helping my clients achieve the next step in their vision.
Need to make personal website. I don't think the website will convert much sales, but this is a trust-based business, so I think it would help purely for the social proof.
This week will be mainly for my mom's site, next week I'll work on my own while cold calling other companies with my mom's site in portfolio. 14 days.

2) Learn SEO. Not sure how urgent this is exactly, but it is an avenue for revenue easily tied to my type of service. It would also help me provide more value to my clients, so I'm going to look into it. Does anybody have recommendations for courses/youtube videos on this? 1 month?

3) LLC ? Not sure how urgent this is either or how any of this works, but I believe I need to actually make a business at some point. 1 month?

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
She makes these exquisite designs that really just bring life to any party. She's really talented.
However... she's not reaching her potential in this business as her website looks like a 5-year-old made it, and it's practically impossible to find without typing the exact URL into Google. Given her industry, I think many of her clients google decorations before taking their search further and asking their friends and family about decorators(most of her business now are 80% referrals 20% walk-ins. But I've asked her and she says the majority of her clients already have something on their mind that they got from googling before they talk to her.

Sounds like a great start to a portfolio. Perform for her and you can replicate the results to other businesses.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Sounds like a great start to a portfolio. Perform for her and you can replicate the results to other businesses.
There's no substitute for hands-on experience. Take MJ's advice and build a portfolio with real people and businesses. That exercise allows you to find out what works and what doesn't. You can make corrections and grow in your skills and understanding.

Alucard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 24, 2021
Sunday Review
10/17/2021

Have not finished my mothers website by the end of this week.

Here's why:

• I spent like 10 hours out of the 20 I've put into the site trying to figure out how to code my html theme
  • 3 hours on the phone with my mom trying to figure out what she wants. Granted, it she weren't my mom I would have charged her for my time or thread cut to more productive topics.
  • My total wasted time this week clocked in at around 7 hours. I use an app to track this. I notice, any shift in my momentum and I'm just inefficient for hours. I need to watch out for these shifts and prevent them from happening.
  • My mom doesen't have good photos, so I had to do some creative photoshopping to make something presentable. I'm also doing the content. Also, her site needs like 8 pages (I checked her competitors).

On the bright side, here's what I've accoomplished:

• The website layout is complete. Now I just need my mom's photos to put in and I need to write the copy.
  • I've come up with my brand name and I really like it.
  • I've paid for a RA and am about to send in my files of organization.

I have some questions however...

Throughout the week, while making my mom's site, I kept wondering why it is I am doing this all by hand on html. I used a theme as recommended by fox, but I am just confused as to why he recommends html sites over WordPress. Certain functionalities like e-commerce (which my mom wants but I told her that A) I have no idea how to do that and B) She does not have the team in place to handle that kind of scale) can be done in a couple of minutes with the simple use of plug-ins. Contact forms, as well, with all the php included can be done easily as well. Additionally, if my mom wants to edit her photos or add more functionality down the line, it will not be difficult for her.

So why, in the face of all this value that wordpress can provide our clients, does Fox recommend using html and html themes. In other words, are there drawbacks to using WordPress that warrant using html instead? I'm still really new to this so I don't know.

But yea, that's where I'm at. WJK was so right about the hands on experience. I feel 1000% more capable than I was at the beginning of the week so I'm happy for that.

This next week I'll:

• Push my mom to give me the stuff I need from her. Then finish her site. ASAP
  • After that, I'll learn a cold call process or some other way of generating leads, and start cold calling out of classes in the morning. ASAP
  • During the afternoon hours, I'll start developing my own website for my business.
    • To do this, I'll need to figure out the marketing direction I want to go in. I'm thinking hopeful. Like a hand coming down from the sky and uplifting you to wherever you want to go type of vibe.
    • Logo design needs to be done
    • Research my competitors and see what their doing and what they are failing at. Then do better. 7 days from now
  • Learn SEO. I bought a course on udemy. I want this done by 14 days from now

Upwards and onwards!
Let me know if you have any feedback please

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Sunday Review
10/17/2021

Have not finished my mothers website by the end of this week.

Here's why:

• I spent like 10 hours out of the 20 I've put into the site trying to figure out how to code my html theme
  • 3 hours on the phone with my mom trying to figure out what she wants. Granted, it she weren't my mom I would have charged her for my time or thread cut to more productive topics.
  • My total wasted time this week clocked in at around 7 hours. I use an app to track this. I notice, any shift in my momentum and I'm just inefficient for hours. I need to watch out for these shifts and prevent them from happening.
  • My mom doesen't have good photos, so I had to do some creative photoshopping to make something presentable. I'm also doing the content. Also, her site needs like 8 pages (I checked her competitors).

On the bright side, here's what I've accoomplished:
  • The website layout is complete. Now I just need my mom's photos to put in and I need to write the copy.
  • I've come up with my brand name and I really like it.
  • I've paid for a RA and am about to send in my files of organization.

I have some questions however...

Throughout the week, while making my mom's site, I kept wondering why it is I am doing this all by hand on html. I used a theme as recommended by fox, but I am just confused as to why he recommends html sites over WordPress. Certain functionalities like e-commerce (which my mom wants but I told her that A) I have no idea how to do that and B) She does not have the team in place to handle that kind of scale) can be done in a couple of minutes with the simple use of plug-ins. Contact forms, as well, with all the php included can be done easily as well. Additionally, if my mom wants to edit her photos or add more functionality down the line, it will not be difficult for her.

So why, in the face of all this value that wordpress can provide our clients, does Fox recommend using html and html themes. In other words, are there drawbacks to using WordPress that warrant using html instead? I'm still really new to this so I don't know.

But yea, that's where I'm at. WJK was so right about the hands on experience. I feel 1000% more capable than I was at the beginning of the week so I'm happy for that.

This next week I'll:

• Push my mom to give me the stuff I need from her. Then finish her site. ASAP
  • After that, I'll learn a cold call process or some other way of generating leads, and start cold calling out of classes in the morning. ASAP
  • During the afternoon hours, I'll start developing my own website for my business.
    • To do this, I'll need to figure out the marketing direction I want to go in. I'm thinking hopeful. Like a hand coming down from the sky and uplifting you to wherever you want to go type of vibe.
    • Logo design needs to be done
    • Research my competitors and see what their doing and what they are failing at. Then do better. 7 days from now
  • Learn SEO. I bought a course on udemy. I want this done by 14 days from now

Upwards and onwards!
Let me know if you have any feedback please
Keep going. I got a wild hair a few years ago. I learned WordPress and built a website. I did a blog for a while until I ran out of time & poop. If an old lady like me can build a website, I'm sure that you too can use that resource better than I did.

Alucard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 24, 2021
Sunday Review
10/24/2002

Making this one quick since I'm incredibly busy.

This week I finished my mom's website and now am doing the finishing touches. I went waaaay above and beyond what I technically should have done to be efficient with my business, but I really wanted to build a website that wouls get my mom so much business she has to quit her teaching job(her business makes 4 times more money than the teacher job). So I made like a 20 page site with a filerable gallery to maximise seo and UX.

Learned an absolute crapton this week working on this website, and am now incredibly comfortable with coding in html and css(even a lil js). However, I think I've already had a lifetimes worth of coding in html so I want to see what wordpress has to offer.
But with this comfort I feel very confident in my ability to create a website that produces results, which means starting next week, I'm shifting to the business phase and lead generation.

To do this I think I first need to build my own website for social proof, and put my moms website on there as a portfolio. I'll need a logo which i might just do myself for now(i know what brand direction i want to go in).

Then ill have to figure out how to charge for my services. Right now, i can do copywriting, seo, and web design. Im thinking of making it package deal.

But besides that, I'll need to learn how to sell my product.
I already have experience with selling and have 0 calling anxiety. What I would really value however, is a primer on the persuasive techniques to increase my batting average.

Also, I've heard that cold calling is just inefficient, what are some other lead generation routes I can take

What I've finished this week.

A course on web design business and seo.
Formed my company and have a bank account.
Finished website
Read built to sell.

What I need to do

Build own website and get logo.

Learn a selling process

Sales funnel?

Goal: 1 SALE

Alucard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 24, 2021
Sunday Review
10/31/2002

accidentally edited out the last post lmao. whoops

Was not able to make a sale over the past week and I believe this to be because my social proof is nonexistent haha.

What I was able to do was read most of "Way of the Wolf", launch the first website, make my own website(with logo) and I am truly set to really hammer in the sales.

The way of the wolf book was really insightful with its NLP, the three tenets, objections reframing, and using tonality to generate compliance. I aim to master these strategies by recording my calls and seeing where I can make improvements.
Last week I was really inefficient, trying to close higher-value clients without proof of value... I was able to sound confident but a quick google search and they would think that I am a fraud, so this week I will instead focus of closing low value clients to build up a 3-5 site portfolio.

So I will start this week with some prospecting strategies. Sending 10-minute videos to local businesses with some interest bait in the subject line and trying to max out the value I can provide. I'll also say that I'm a student at the local university studying marketing and business to max out social proof. Lastly, the video itself will be about different ways they are LOSING money by not having a good website(bringing up what their competition is doing) and what they stand to GAIN with a few optimizations. I'll then call them all on Wednesday and sell for what I can realistically get.

I also recently tried webflow and it is a godsend. I have absolutely no idea why I was doing HTML for so long, it was an actual headache... So I will be putting all my coding energies into this system.

On a side note, it seems the more books I read, the more I NEED to read.
On my list, I want to finish Way of the Wolf, then read Influence, perhaps the EMyth revisited after that, Spellbinding Sentences, Sell like crazy, Never Split the Difference, and then also unscripted .

To read all of these would take a large amount of time, so I will pace these, as right now my business needs SALES SALES SALES.

Realistically, the faster I can get this business of the starting ramp and in the air, the faster I can get to making money and hiring employees and SCALING, which is the end goal here.

So for this week, I will spend Monday prospecting and researching sales tech(also sending a post on my Instagram, I have above 1000 followers so maybe there's some gold in there), Tuesday doing the same, Wednesday-Thursday getting on calls, maybe Friday too. And then on the weekend, I will build everything I sold.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Sunday Review
10/31/2002

accidentally edited out the last post lmao. whoops

Was not able to make a sale over the past week and I believe this to be because my social proof is nonexistent haha.

What I was able to do was read most of "Way of the Wolf", launch the first website, make my own website(with logo) and I am truly set to really hammer in the sales.

The way of the wolf book was really insightful with its NLP, the three tenets, objections reframing, and using tonality to generate compliance. I aim to master these strategies by recording my calls and seeing where I can make improvements.
Last week I was really inefficient, trying to close higher-value clients without proof of value... I was able to sound confident but a quick google search and they would think that I am a fraud, so this week I will instead focus of closing low value clients to build up a 3-5 site portfolio.

So I will start this week with some prospecting strategies. Sending 10-minute videos to local businesses with some interest bait in the subject line and trying to max out the value I can provide. I'll also say that I'm a student at the local university studying marketing and business to max out social proof. Lastly, the video itself will be about different ways they are LOSING money by not having a good website(bringing up what their competition is doing) and what they stand to GAIN with a few optimizations. I'll then call them all on Wednesday and sell for what I can realistically get.

I also recently tried webflow and it is a godsend. I have absolutely no idea why I was doing HTML for so long, it was an actual headache... So I will be putting all my coding energies into this system.

On a side note, it seems the more books I read, the more I NEED to read.
On my list, I want to finish Way of the Wolf, then read Influence, perhaps the EMyth revisited after that, Spellbinding Sentences, Sell like crazy, Never Split the Difference, and then also unscripted .

To read all of these would take a large amount of time, so I will pace these, as right now my business needs SALES SALES SALES.

Realistically, the faster I can get this business of the starting ramp and in the air, the faster I can get to making money and hiring employees and SCALING, which is the end goal here.

So for this week, I will spend Monday prospecting and researching sales tech(also sending a post on my Instagram, I have above 1000 followers so maybe there's some gold in there), Tuesday doing the same, Wednesday-Thursday getting on calls, maybe Friday too. And then on the weekend, I will build everything I sold.
Don't read the books -- listen to them while you are doing other stuff...

Alucard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 24, 2021
Don't read the books -- listen to them while you are doing other stuff...
Ah yes, I have the way of the wolf and influence on audible and can definitely say it has increased the effectiveness of my time when I'm walking places or eating. Although there are certain activities where I can't really digest information that well, like heavy lifting or when I'm working on websites. Perhaps these are things I can ease into and acclimate myself to, or could it be that multitasking like this is inefficient?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sunday Review
10/24/2002

Making this one quick since I'm incredibly busy.

This week I finished my mom's website and now am doing the finishing touches. I went waaaay above and beyond what I technically should have done to be efficient with my business, but I really wanted to build a website that wouls get my mom so much business she has to quit her teaching job(her business makes 4 times more money than the teacher job). So I made like a 20 page site with a filerable gallery to maximise seo and UX.

Learned an absolute crapton this week working on this website, and am now incredibly comfortable with coding in html and css(even a lil js). However, I think I've already had a lifetimes worth of coding in html so I want to see what wordpress has to offer.
But with this comfort I feel very confident in my ability to create a website that produces results, which means starting next week, I'm shifting to the business phase and lead generation.

To do this I think I first need to build my own website for social proof, and put my moms website on there as a portfolio. I'll need a logo which i might just do myself for now(i know what brand direction i want to go in).

Then ill have to figure out how to charge for my services. Right now, i can do copywriting, seo, and web design. Im thinking of making it package deal.

But besides that, I'll need to learn how to sell my product.
I already have experience with selling and have 0 calling anxiety. What I would really value however, is a primer on the persuasive techniques to increase my batting average.

Also, I've heard that cold calling is just inefficient, what are some other lead generation routes I can take

What I've finished this week.

A course on web design business and seo.
Formed my company and have a bank account.
Finished website
Read built to sell.

What I need to do

Build own website and get logo.

Learn a selling process

Sales funnel?

Goal: 1 SALE

Per request, your post has been restored.

Alucard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 24, 2021
November's Goal

The start of the month is always a wonderful time... new goals can be made, old goals can be reflected on, and in this process, the invigorating flames of hope, excitement, and motivation reawaken as a new mission is set.

Novembers Goal: 3k in Revenue

For me, just starting out, this is a HUGE number. Actually, I don't even think I've ever seen 3000 dollars in my life... I come from less than modest circumstances. So seeing this number printed on my whiteboard to my left in bold font is more than invigorating-- it's off-script... which makes me freak out a bit internally, but I've seen the action taken on this forum, and how scripts are engulfed in the same flames that motivate action.

This means that to tear my script to pieces, this month will be devoted to pure, unadulterated action. To make this kind of money, I would need to close approximately $700 a week, which honestly, when put that way, doesn't seem as scary. I have a process that I think can get me there.

I'm going to target the same niche as my first website from my mom. These balloon decorators compete in a savage market, where it is really easy to fight battles on price, instead of value. A website that properly conveys this value, and drives action is a crucial asset to any balloon decor gig, and I mean to emphasize that.

The way I will go about creating my sales funnel is like this:
I will first target locals, and spend 10 minutes making high value videos(7 min planning, 3 min recording) for each. I'll use this video as an "in" to make my cold calls warmer(which ill do a day or two after sending the videos).
As of now, I have a list of 16 stores where I can reliably produce results for but no camera, which I ordered and is going to arrive tomorrow.

I think it would be wise to get this number to 100. If I'm at least somewhat persuasive I should at least be able to close 1 person if I go to 100 before the end of the week. That's 16 hours of video making, and not including the actual selling, I would still need to do. So I'm going to be busy!

I will also send a post on my Instagram tomorrow advertising my services.

November tracker:$ 0/$3000

Alucard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 24, 2021
Just talked with a prospect on the phone. I followed a deep-diving process where I would ask questions to figure out exactly where her pain points are. Unfortunately, I was unable to close mainly because it wasn't a good time for her with some family situations, however, she heavily reinforced the idea that she is interested in working with me at a later date. So I sent her a follow-up email and will be calling her near the end of the month.

I also recorded this call on loom if anyone would be willing to give me some critiques :)

I believe the main problem with the call is that I'm targeting the wrong market. Balloon decorators get most of their leads from pure referrals and survive just fine off of that, so there isn't a heavy need for my services. Tomorrow I will go through a list of electricians and try to get them to sign up for a quick strategy call with me.
And maybe for other niche businesses too. Ones that actually need me though.

Alucard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 24, 2021
Just finished cold calling like 20 or so electricians and I believe I'm targeting the wrong niche again. These guys are booked 24/7 and don't really need help with generating more leads. Out of the 20, I had one agree to a free strategy call but even then that doesn't seem like a guarantee. With this in mind, I'm going to spend some time looking for businesses that have a real need for a website.

/edit
or perhaps my process is just wrong? I would call local companies saying that there are a couple of things on their website that if changed, they would make a couple of extra thousand a month, and then I'd try to get them on a free strategy call with them. Most of the time, I wasn't able to get that far. Here is my script:

Hey there, I’m(name)?A student here at (known school in the area)... Is (name)/(the business owner) there?

if receptionist
Like I said, my name is (name) and I am calling about your website--I can hold.

if owner
Ok, great, I’m (name), and...
The reason why I am calling you is because there are a couple of things on your website that are causing you to lose trust and credibility with potential clients and I’d say at least over a thousand a month in revenue.

Now, I’m not here to sell you on anything, and I don’t want to take too much of your time, so I was wondering if you’d be interested in booking a totally free strategy call with me for sometime next week where I could just go over some helpful advice that would help you make... thousands more a month.

I also recorded most of these calls, but I don't want to look back at the pain lmao

cold calling is emotionally draining lol, but I believe that's because I've never done it before.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.