The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Financial gurus on Instagram: scammers ?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Aryeh

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 15, 2020
For some time now I have been reading and seeing on various social networks so-called "financial gurus":young guys who claim to have made wealth quickly and now want to help others become rich. I wanted to understand with you how far the truth ends and the scam begins.
NB:I will bring examples that I happened to see,with names and surnames(if it is possible). I absolutely do not intend to advertise these guys,also because I have an idea about them. One of them is a guy named Bastiaan Slot. From what I have seen,he is a 24-year-old guy who until a few years ago was working in a supermarket,then he quit his job,in a very short time he managed to get rich,he made his first million at the age of 22 and now that he is 24 he is a multimillionaire. I have summarized his story very quickly for convenience,but you can read and see it on his Instagram profile or by doing a search on the Internet. Today he has a coaching business that bills in the 7 figures. What impressed me was the speed of his life change,in full Fastlane mode. However,browsing,I had more than one doubt. Browsing his Instagram profile in particular,it is noticeable that the posts in which he has been tagged are exclusively from pages that preach financial education and motivation (all crappy and useless stuff,in my opinion ). There is no newspaper or authoritative site that tags him or talks about him. On Instagram there are many financial gurus preaching with their courses to change your life,and they all talk about the same things,and he is no exception:his posts are all about those topics(like "I learned these lessons in 4 years,I will explain them to you in 30 seconds" etc...). His consulting site is well done,and he professes to have helped hundreds of people.He is also a helper of a particular type of business,which I will explain now:basically it consists of simply responding on social media to posts and setting up sales appointments between two entrepreneurs;for each appointment you get 10% commission. It claims that you can make,immediately, 2k-4k a month. Among those who have taken his coaching course,is a young Italian entrepreneur,whose name I will not mention:he took his course and in less than a year,with online business coaching,he made 150k a month;now he makes 350k a month and his business is worth 4.2 million. This other phantom entrepreneur also has a site where he professes his online coaching business and more importantly he also professes the GDO chatter business, those who make appointments and take 10 % commission. He too has few references,he has videos where his students profess their achievements but they only come from his Youtube channel;he is only tagged on personal motivation pages and MEME PAGES !!! (they do marketing on meme pages !!!)
He also professes to have helped hundreds of people,but if you search for him on the Internet only 8 reviews appear,most of them dubious,and few comments,moreover many from the same people.
However he seems to use the same online coaching model as Bastiaan Slot, which has enabled him to radically change his life.
My question is:are these two guys telling the truth or just a bunch of lies ?

PS:You can see Bastiaan Slot's profile on IG.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022
Who cares and why does it matter?

The vast majority of "financial gurus" are doing what they're doing in order to sell courses and get rich off people that are looking for a shortcut that does not exist. They are getting rich by "teaching" others how to get rich.

Whether or not their tactics and claims are legitimate is completely irrelevant to you.

Most people already have crystal clear knowledge on how to start improving their life. If any more information is required, it can be obtained for free or with minimal financial investment.

There is no shortcut.
Apply CENTS, shut up, focus, work hard, endure, and eventually you will win.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
For some time now I have been reading and seeing on various social networks so-called "financial gurus":young guys who claim to have made wealth quickly and now want to help others become rich. I wanted to understand with you how far the truth ends and the scam begins.
NB:I will bring examples that I happened to see,with names and surnames(if it is possible). I absolutely do not intend to advertise these guys,also because I have an idea about them. One of them is a guy named Bastiaan Slot. From what I have seen,he is a 24-year-old guy who until a few years ago was working in a supermarket,then he quit his job,in a very short time he managed to get rich,he made his first million at the age of 22 and now that he is 24 he is a multimillionaire. I have summarized his story very quickly for convenience,but you can read and see it on his Instagram profile or by doing a search on the Internet. Today he has a coaching business that bills in the 7 figures. What impressed me was the speed of his life change,in full Fastlane mode. However,browsing,I had more than one doubt. Browsing his Instagram profile in particular,it is noticeable that the posts in which he has been tagged are exclusively from pages that preach financial education and motivation (all crappy and useless stuff,in my opinion ). There is no newspaper or authoritative site that tags him or talks about him. On Instagram there are many financial gurus preaching with their courses to change your life,and they all talk about the same things,and he is no exception:his posts are all about those topics(like "I learned these lessons in 4 years,I will explain them to you in 30 seconds" etc...). His consulting site is well done,and he professes to have helped hundreds of people.He is also a helper of a particular type of business,which I will explain now:basically it consists of simply responding on social media to posts and setting up sales appointments between two entrepreneurs;for each appointment you get 10% commission. It claims that you can make,immediately, 2k-4k a month. Among those who have taken his coaching course,is a young Italian entrepreneur,whose name I will not mention:he took his course and in less than a year,with online business coaching,he made 150k a month;now he makes 350k a month and his business is worth 4.2 million. This other phantom entrepreneur also has a site where he professes his online coaching business and more importantly he also professes the GDO chatter business, those who make appointments and take 10 % commission. He too has few references,he has videos where his students profess their achievements but they only come from his Youtube channel;he is only tagged on personal motivation pages and MEME PAGES !!! (they do marketing on meme pages !!!)
He also professes to have helped hundreds of people,but if you search for him on the Internet only 8 reviews appear,most of them dubious,and few comments,moreover many from the same people.
However he seems to use the same online coaching model as Bastiaan Slot, which has enabled him to radically change his life.
My question is:are these two guys telling the truth or just a bunch of lies ?

PS:You can see Bastiaan Slot's profile on IG.
Let me ask you a question. Why don't you see Kylie Jenner, Elon Musk, Jack Ma, Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates teaching you how to create the next billion dollar company?

Why isn't Dwayne Johnson, Brad Pitt or Scarlett Johansson advertising on how to become a better actor for 4 easy payments of $49.99?

BECAUSE they don't need do, their main business is what makes them the most money so they don't need to do it.

There's nothing wrong with being a self help guru, as long as you're legit, meaning you've done what it is you're teaching other people. Think of big names like Tony Robbins, Andrew Tate(although a lot of people dislike him, he's very legit in my eyes), Grant Cardone, Andy Frisella, Manny Khosbin, Ed Mylett etc. These guys are legit because they've been in the game for a long time and they know what works. Usually decades of experience under their belt.

Whereas when you see a 19-year old Amazon FBA guru who stands in front of a Lamborghini Huracan, who says that Amazon FBA is the next big thing, it's usually too late and they just want to milk the cow BECAUSE they know that selling the dream is way more profitable than selling the actual service itself. If you ever tried to cold call, cold DM or do any of the actual sales stuff that gets you clients, it's a very low percentage. You may have to message 100 people just to get 5-10 responses and convert 2-3 of them. Those are the statistics.

Course businesses on the other hand, are ridiculously profitable and way more scaleable because there's no overhead + marketing them is very easy. You create it once and boom, market it as much on podcasts, TikTok or Instagram by flying private, driving McLarens in suits by selling the dream etc. You can sell it over and over again for years. Tai Lopez for instance makes more money now than what he did 10 years ago when he released that "Here in my garage" video, even though he's somewhat quiet on socials now. You're selling the event(Ferrari, mansion, yacht, sitting on the beach all day) versus the process which is what's required to achieve that kind of lifestyle.

These are all marketing tricks to get you sucked in and what they post on socials is all intentional(believe me, I'm in the marketing space myself so I know it, all of them post the same thing because it works).

For instance, my mentor(whom I won't mention his name) is one of the most successful guys in the marketing space. He's helped big name gurus like Dan Lok, Gary V, Alex Becker, Alex Hormozi etc.

I actually had a call with him last year because I was struggling with getting sales for my business(I was contacting local businesses, mostly pool builders and landscapers at the time) and at the end of the conversation I asked him, why can't you help me?

His response was that he only helps personal brands because he knows he'll be able to give them results. In other words, he didn't want to help me who wanted to help local businesses because it wouldn't make him enough money. He knows that when you sell a high ticket coaching program for let's say crypto that's sold for $2997, his client only needs to sell 4-5 of them a week to make decent money and his target market is much bigger than people who are looking to build a pool in California (supply and demand).

It's the same thing with these social media marketing gurus. Why do you think almost all of them do some "free" coaching on the side? Just think about it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.