The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finally Did something

deepneuralnet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 5, 2020
I've been looking for something for 2 years.. gathered a group of people to do web development.. didn't work..
learned web dev but my mind was not into freelancing.. freelancing is not generating wealth.. its a function of time too if you don't outsource.
I spent my last 4 months making a udemy course on programming. I know I've not made a single sale, and I know the course has its flaws. But From there I had the idea to team up with another friend of mine to work on this thing.. now he's gonna do the editing part and I'm gonna create.. On the side I'm starting a youtube channel.. I hope to build enough audience on youtube to direct that flow to udemy and meanwhile sell on youtube. here's the course .. just in case you're interested in what I built https://www.udemy.com/course/full-stack-programming-for-complete-beginners-in-python/learn/
I said about 6-8 months ago that I would be a millionaire in a year.. I am not that yet.. but I truly believe I have the skills to be a top udemy seller.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fearo

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 7, 2019
Hi,

I'm a firm believer that you make money by solving problems. Simple as!

I was thinking here what problem are you solving & I just can't see it. If others are making full stack development courses on Udemy then the problem of information transfer has been solved. If there are multiple answers to the same problem then the cheapest one usually wins so it becomes a race to the bottom unfortunately. When you say things like YouTube to drive to Udemy I'm afraid that's been done many times so you are trying replicate others who may (or may not) have made money in the...that boat has sailed.

I apologise if this sounds harsh but I've spent too much of my own time on projects that made sense to me and its only when I look back it is now obvious they were just copies of other people's plans. My worst one was creating something that wouldn't scale....it was great but it appealed to a tiny (the smallest niche you could imagine) market so it made zero money.

My advice to you would be to take a step back, conserve your energy and start "problem mining". You got to find the problem first.... then, assuming it can be solved by technology, bring your Dev skills into play to solve it. A problem can be small but if it impacts many people then you have scale.

As I've said elsewhere software is a solution. Now all you have to do is find the problem!

I hope this helps.

Fearo

deepneuralnet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 5, 2020
Hi,

I'm a firm believer that you make money by solving problems. Simple as!

I was thinking here what problem are you solving & I just can't see it. If others are making full stack development courses on Udemy then the problem of information transfer has been solved. If there are multiple answers to the same problem then the cheapest one usually wins so it becomes a race to the bottom unfortunately. When you say things like YouTube to drive to Udemy I'm afraid that's been done many times so you are trying replicate others who may (or may not) have made money in the...that boat has sailed.

I apologise if this sounds harsh but I've spent too much of my own time on projects that made sense to me and its only when I look back it is now obvious they were just copies of other people's plans. My worst one was creating something that wouldn't scale....it was great but it appealed to a tiny (the smallest niche you could imagine) market so it made zero money.

My advice to you would be to take a step back, conserve your energy and start "problem mining". You got to find the problem first.... then, assuming it can be solved by technology, bring your Dev skills into play to solve it. A problem can be small but if it impacts many people then you have scale.

As I've said elsewhere software is a solution. Now all you have to do is find the problem!

I hope this helps.

Fearo
Yes you're absolutely right. I found this reality pretty soon after 'launching' it. If there is a person who has a course on programming in python with 1M students and here I am with 30 students who are my friends and unknowns whom i have given the course for free.. guess what..no one is buying that..
Here are the lessons I learned
>The Development market is too saturated
>My course as a product lacks strength..
I did more market research on udemy and it lacks good courses on AI. People want to learn these skills and udemy is the place they look for. So I'm willing to put efforts to build my social instructor profile. I am myself an AI engineer and would be able to make cool courses. I personally believe it follows some CENTS principles. Entry barrier is hard for udemy, it took me a while to make my first course. There is need for courses that's why there are millions of students using it everyday. It also scales to millions. You can sell up to 250,000 courses and many have gone beyond 1M copies for one course. The trick is to find courses which are present on udemy with 1) less volume
2) more demand
3) present courses not meeting the level of quality I can give/I can do way better
I also agree with you when you say that software is a solution but I am not in a situation to back things up. I am in a third world country and I am practically broke living in my mom's basement. For a software solution to work.. guess what you need
> servers {who's paying those aws and google cloud charges?}
>ad promotion {which i dont have the money to pay}
>a fat stack of gpus
I'm not being pessimistic, but I am being realistic in my situation. I like to solve problems with AI but living in Pakistan its hard, my first priority is to get financially independent and move to US, and then solve problems with AI.
I believe there is some margin here mate.

fearo

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 7, 2019
I have 2 comments for you:

I like to solve problems with AI ..

1. You need to advertise your skills on a platform that people visit with their problems. Upwork looks to be a good candidate. I recently hired a company from Pakistan. They only work with Europe & US. They have a 5 star rating & it's justified so it proves it can done.

2. I bought your course. I hope this takes you one step closer to your goal.

Remember Failed Entrepeneurs never really failed they just gave up.....So don't give up!

I hope this help.

Fearo

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CruxisKnight

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jan 7, 2021
I've been looking for something for 2 years.. gathered a group of people to do web development.. didn't work..
learned web dev but my mind was not into freelancing.. freelancing is not generating wealth.. its a function of time too if you don't outsource.
I spent my last 4 months making a udemy course on programming. I know I've not made a single sale, and I know the course has its flaws. But From there I had the idea to team up with another friend of mine to work on this thing.. now he's gonna do the editing part and I'm gonna create.. On the side I'm starting a youtube channel.. I hope to build enough audience on youtube to direct that flow to udemy and meanwhile sell on youtube. here's the course .. just in case you're interested in what I built https://www.udemy.com/course/full-stack-programming-for-complete-beginners-in-python/learn/
I said about 6-8 months ago that I would be a millionaire in a year.. I am not that yet.. but I truly believe I have the skills to be a top udemy seller.
You'll be a millionaire one day, you just gotta believe and take action!

deepneuralnet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 5, 2020

1. You need to advertise your skills on a platform that people visit with their problems. Upwork looks to be a good candidate. I recently hired a company from Pakistan. They only work with Europe & US. They have a 5 star rating & it's justified so it proves it can done.

Remember Failed Entrepeneurs never really failed they just gave up.....So don't give up!

I hope this help.

Fearo
Thanks a lot mate!

CruxisKnight

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jan 7, 2021

edgonic

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 30, 2021

I hope this help.

Fearo
Fearo,

Your post is spot on. I both hire and get work on UpWork. It is especially good for people in international markets where they can benefit from lower local production costs (and just seek out Western clients). One thing I would add to it is that UpWork is getting really crowded. It is extremely important to have a solid niche where there is a demand - e.g., AI development for industry or use case x (and make sure that there is demand for use case x). Generic profiles make you out to be a simple commodity in the freelancing machine.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.