The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fellow Fastlaners, question about the Law of Affection

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Rain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 5, 2011
In the book [The Millionaire Fastlane ], it goes something like:

To make millions, you must affect millions.

All right--understood. Makes perfect sense.

So I've been doing a lot of thinking about this lately, and I've concluded that in order to effectively affect millions of people, I am going to have to establish myself as an authority on my chosen topic/subject/market/niche. If you are not perceived as some kind of expert by your target audience, you will probably have a very hard time influencing them, and without influence, you will certainly not be cracking their wallets open any time soon.

I also think it's a fair (if not an abundantly clear) assumption that we are attempting the Fastlane to create a better life for ourselves. No one sets out to get rich with the intent of making their life worse; that's completely backwards logic.

So with that in mind, my ideal life would be a mix of: health, good relationships, intellectual stimulation, wealth, and privacy. A big concern of mine is that if I start marketing myself as an authority in my chosen field, I will lose that last thing on my list... my privacy. Basically, I want to be rich, but I don't want everyone to know I'm rich. I am very interested in Fastlane freedom, but I am not interested in attracting frivolous lawsuits, gold diggers, crime, and fake friends.

I am completely committed to the hell I am probably going to have to go through in order to become rich. There is no easy path (otherwise everyone would be rich--which is ironically the same as no one being rich), and I accept that. And if loss of privacy is a bullet I have to bite on my climb to the top, so be it. But if it's not, I'd like to know my options.

Any thoughts and opinions you can share with me will be greatly appreciated.

I've been thinking about maybe using a pen name for my business, like David DeAngelo did for his "Double Your Dating" business (David DeAngelo is not his real name). Would this be sufficient to keep myself 100% anonymous? Or are there better ideas?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I don't think fame comes with fortune. I don't think the market really cares about the founder, they just care about what the product or service can do for them.

I wouldn't worry about that unless you are a billionaire or something, but even then some billionaires are not famous.

You can become rich by working behind the scenes and laying low on the radar.

Also, if you are worried about gold diggers, they don't have to know you are rich. Unless you "play the part"; lambos, big cribs etc. I know millionaires who are perfectly comfortable with some blue jeans and a 3 bedroom house and a toyota.

Society has told everyone that they have to PLAY the part to BE the PART. Rich is material items and popularity/fame.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
WOW are people actually just trying to come up with reasons NOT to become wealthy?

1. You do not need to affect millions to make millions. That doesn't even make any sense mathmatically unless your profit is less than a dollar per sale.

2. Do you know who I am? My name is Michael Patrick P. Do you know me now? Of course not and yet I am a multimillionaire.

DUDE seriously just FREAKING start a business and work your a$$ off. If you become a multimillionaire and SUDDENLY everyone knows who you are, paparazzi are constantly annoying you and all the amazingly beautiful super models you are nailing, I am sure you can afford some bodyguards to protect you.

Rain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 5, 2011
I don't think fame comes with fortune. I don't think the market really cares about the founder, they just care about what the product or service can do for them.

I wouldn't worry about that unless you are a billionaire or something, but even then some billionaires are not famous.

You can become rich by working behind the scenes and laying low on the radar.

Also, if you are worried about gold diggers, they don't have to know you are rich. Unless you "play the part"; lambos, big cribs etc. I know millionaires who are perfectly comfortable with some blue jeans and a 3 bedroom house and a toyota.

Society has told everyone that they have to PLAY the part to BE the PART. Rich is material items and popularity/fame.

MJ is not a celebrity, yet if you google his name, you can tell he has wealth. That's the kind of exposure I'm talking about, not Justin Bieber-type fame. Does that make sense?

I do understand where you're coming from, though, and partially agree with you. With that said, I don't think we're on exactly the same page.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Ok I see, in that case you can use domainsbyproxy.com and you can use a pseudo name.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
MJ is not a celebrity, yet if you google his name, you can tell he has wealth. That's the kind of exposure I'm talking about, not Justin Bieber-type fame. Does that make sense?

I do understand where you're coming from, though, and partially agree with you. With that said, I don't think we're on exactly the same page.

Well maybe you can send a PM to MJ and ask him how many gold diggers have been hitting on him and how many law suits he has been named in.

Rain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 5, 2011
WOW are people actually just trying to come up with reasons NOT to become wealthy?

1. You do not need to affect millions to make millions. That doesn't even make any sense mathmatically unless your profit is less than a dollar per sale.

2. Do you know who I am? My name is Michael Patrick P. Do you know me now? Of course not and yet I am a multimillionaire.

DUDE seriously just FREAKING start a business and work your a$$ off. If you become a multimillionaire and SUDDENLY everyone knows who you are, paparazzi are constantly annoying you and all the amazingly beautiful super models you are nailing, I am sure you can afford some bodyguards to protect you.

With all due respect, I said I would go for it anyway, but was just asking if anyone had any other ideas to help with my privacy concern.

And yes, you don't need to literally affect millions obviously. You can affect less through magnitude, or more through scale. I was just trying to keep things short and simple.

Lastly, I also have a fairly uncommon name, and would easily own the front page of Google if I started putting it out there. I don't mind being searchable through Facebook and LinkedIn necessarily, because everyone has those, and I can make them private. But I just don't want my name posted on the web exposing me as someone who most likely has a lot of wealth, and is therefore an excellent litigation target, for whatever reason.

Once again, I am doing the Fastlane regardless, but was just wondering if you had any input regarding the privacy area, that's all. Please excuse me if I have somehow offended you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.