SanaNrah
Regular Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hi everyone,
I’m writing this because I just witnessed something that left me completely disconnected from the world around me.
As you probably know, PSG (french Paris Football team) just won the Champions League (biggest European competition). Walking my dog outside right now, the streets are on fire. Kids, adults, elderly people—everyone is cheering and celebrating as if they had each just won a billion dollars.
And honestly? I can't relate at all.
I tried to have a genuine discussion about this with a relative, but the conversation was cut short and I was just labeled a rabat-joie (killjoy).
I'm trying to understand the psychology behind this. What happened to our society that makes people tie their personal happiness so deeply to something:
Curious to hear your thoughts (even from the football fans!).
I’m writing this because I just witnessed something that left me completely disconnected from the world around me.
As you probably know, PSG (french Paris Football team) just won the Champions League (biggest European competition). Walking my dog outside right now, the streets are on fire. Kids, adults, elderly people—everyone is cheering and celebrating as if they had each just won a billion dollars.
And honestly? I can't relate at all.
I tried to have a genuine discussion about this with a relative, but the conversation was cut short and I was just labeled a rabat-joie (killjoy).
I'm trying to understand the psychology behind this. What happened to our society that makes people tie their personal happiness so deeply to something:
- They have absolutely no control over.
- They derive no tangible benefit from (financially or otherwise).
Curious to hear your thoughts (even from the football fans!).
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
