The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fb0ok/Tweter Akounts (yes I know its spelled wrong)

Marketing, social media, advertising

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Hey guys, I am just wondering if any of you guys have any experience in running/buying
Code:
Facebook
or
Code:
Twitter Accounts
that have several thousand followers/likes? I need to build a list of people ages 12-40 (primarily in the U.S.) and this looks like a relatively low budget way to start! I posted on BHW but would much rather talk about it with a fellow fastlaner :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
You can buy them really cheap, but since they're all fake accounts don't expect any of them to convert into sales. Buying FB likes or Twitter followers is just something that some people do to make their page seem more popular.

If you want legitimate Twitter followers, use Twellow, search by your niche, and start following a bunch of those people within your niche. Post interesting / funny stuff occasionally. You can expect about 15-20% to follow you back when you're first starting out.

Getting legitimate FB likes is more difficult. If anyone has any tips, I'm all ears. :ears:

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
I highly recommend Fiverr. There are like packages on there ranging from 25 U.S. likes to 3000 (plus they usually throw in a few hundred likes for free) likes for $5. Just sort through the crappy ones until you find a good one. My advice with using Facebook is to not change your URL until long after you buy those likes. For example, I got 800 phone verified (turned out to be mostly from SE Asia) and 1000 U.S. likes for $10. I could have easily gotten more for the price, but it's quality over quantity in my book. I did this with my original Facebook URL because the last thing you want to do is change the URL to facebook.com/myactualbusinessname and then find out that your account got deleted. If you have the original facebook.com/asdfk23901whatever19 URL and you lose the account, big deal. But if you lose your custom URL, you have slim to no chance of getting it back.

I did buy 25 actual likes (these are people who have actually liked my posts) for my personal facebook page to add to the 78 real likes I already had, as well. It just depends on how many likes you need to fit your needs. But yeah, I recommend Fiverr.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Getting legitimate FB likes is more difficult. If anyone has any tips, I'm all ears.

Usually I look for gigs that are along the lines of "I will post your page until 25 of my friends like your page" or "I will get 25 of my friends to like your page," and then these people usually post stuff like "Hey, guys, can you please like my friend's page?"
It worked fairly well for my personal page.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I am not understanding the reason for getting fake, or paid for likes.

I can't imagine any of them are actually interested in what you are selling.

On the other hand if it is just to make your fb page look more popular I understand that.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
On the other hand if it is just to make your fb page look more popular I understand that.

Yeah, it's mainly just for that. Whenever I see a store or anything and I click on it and it shows "17 people like this," I think, "What's the point of even having a Facebook page?" Depending on the type of business, around 2k in likes looks good to me, whether those likes are legitimate or not, at least I know that they at least somewhat value their social network presence. I bought the likes the day after I bought my domain because there's nothing more odd-looking than getting 80 legit fans and then having 1800 fans added in one month followed by another month of 3 whole new fans. Haha.

Also, I think the other people who do it are in fact, the SEO guys. The ones who say "I'll broadcast your message to my 17k followers and 22k Facebook fans" I'm willing to bet that they bought all of those follows and likes solely to be able to sell ad space.

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Getting legitimate FB likes is more difficult. If anyone has any tips, I'm all ears. :ears:

Offering an incentive is the easiest way. I got 1000 likes by offering a ContourHD helmet cam to someone who likes the page. Am currently doing it again with some Skis.

Its really tough! Once you get to 5000 or so legitimate likes, posting 2 or 3 times a day with interesting content does wonders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Offering an incentive is the easiest way. I got 1000 likes by offering a ContourHD helmet cam to someone who likes the page. Am currently doing it again with some Skis.

Its really tough! Once you get to 5000 or so legitimate likes, posting 2 or 3 times a day with interesting content does wonders.

That is great!

Did you offer to give one CountourHD away to a random person that liked your page?

Where did you post that info so that people would know about it?

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I really like the discussion going on, but I am interested in the spam-ish type facebook pages with pictures and memes, will exlain more later tonight, at baseball game and my phone is aboit to die

JASpinnato

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 9, 2011
CT
I did this with my Facebook fan page through Fiverr and I got about 2000 more likes than I was looking for. I just wanted 500 to look big not to convert any sales. I had to unpublish the page and then I made it only visible to people in the United States. There haven't been any new likes since then. It's not that big of a deal but I would just be careful when you do this.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Yes I think most if not all likes from fivver are from outside the USA.

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
That is great!

Did you offer to give one CountourHD away to a random person that liked your page?

Where did you post that info so that people would know about it?

Gave the prize to someone who liked the page and made a comment I believe (can't remember exactly, it was last year).

I should have mentioned, I sent the offer to a 70,000 strong mailing list. But if you are willing to put up money for a prize and/or paid advertising to someone elses list/traffic then it can be done by anyone.

You can get the Facebook script to place a small LIKE button on any page, and liking it will make you like the Facebook Fanpage. Look for a high traffic site, ask them to post a prize giveaway on their website, and all you have to do is 1-click on the button below (doesn't even take you away from the page).

Make sure their targeted by doing it on a site that is in your niche.

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Anyone else got good ideas to increase Fan numbers? Facebook is my #1 source of traffic after Google and is currently growing at 5 to 20 Fans a day, but more is better! (and not paying Facebook ads for them :D )

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Ok I'm back, to clarify, I am looking to promote a website through one of those facbeook pages that just uploads funny pictures and asks people to like/share them, you can make it pretty automated or you can outsource the posting, my only question is how to get my hands on one of these pages, or how can I pay to promote my site on one of them. Basically, I need a 3rd party (facebook page) to promote the site. Here is an example of a facebook page like I am looking for: facebook(dot)com/pages/1000-likes-by-12-pm-and-I-will-go-to-school-naked/152212304847026

Note: remove the (dot) from the url and replace it with a .

Thanks guys, great discussion btw, I have learned a lot of useful tips if I ever need to build a FB page for a biz!

Thrive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 2, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Anyone else got good ideas to increase Fan numbers? Facebook is my #1 source of traffic after Google and is currently growing at 5 to 20 Fans a day, but more is better! (and not paying Facebook ads for them :D )

Contests, that to get in, a person has to make a comment or get their friends to like you. So you could say "The best comment gets this amazing Ipad 2!" or something like that. And then everybody who comments for the contest gets their comment shown to all of their friends and so on. Works even better when you make it a "Get 3 friends to Like us to enter" contest.

You can also do @comments. Just find FB pages that are similar to yours and write an interesting/valuable comment (not spammy) about them. Mention the FB page name with an @ before it and it makes that little dropbox come up. Click on the page you are targeting. And now that comment will show up on their page, and all their fans will see it.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012

What has worked for us is to offer a prize to the current member(liker) who gets the most new people to like your page.

Have one day a week you give away something IF the person shares the page. We are fortunate that we can give away one of our products to get the word out more. So we will have (product name) Mondays. Every Monday we have it, the more people who are already on our page will share it to all their friends.

As a side note are you and others aware that what you post on your wall is only posted to a between 10% and 40% of your likes?

So even if you have 10,000 fans 6,000 to 9,000 will never see it unless they actually go to your page. It will NEVER show up on their facebook page.

If you want me to go into this more and how to increase it I would be happy to do that.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
This thread has inspired me to start a competition to help me grow my websites FB community and build awareness of the site. The landing page has so far got 12 organic likes, but I'm sure with an incentive I can up that drastically!

What I'm going to do is to advertise somewhere that I will pay random people between $1 and $100 for simply liking the Fb page. I'm going to set this up this evening and report back in a couple of days with the results in my progress thread. Great ideas thanks! :)

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Yikes, so if you get 1000 random likes from people who have no interest in your business you will have to pay out $1000.

Why not pay a fiverr $5 to get you 400 or 500 likes?

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Ooops, I didn't make that clear. Not everybody wins a prize lol, otherwise I'll be flat broke overnight lol!!!

This is my advert I made

"Like our Facebook fan page and you stand a chance of winning up to $100! The winners will be contacted via Facebook message system"

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
What has worked for us is to offer a prize to the current member(liker) who gets the most new people to like your page.

Have one day a week you give away something IF the person shares the page. We are fortunate that we can give away one of our products to get the word out more. So we will have (product name) Mondays. Every Monday we have it, the more people who are already on our page will share it to all their friends.

As a side note are you and others aware that what you post on your wall is only posted to a between 10% and 40% of your likes?

So even if you have 10,000 fans 6,000 to 9,000 will never see it unless they actually go to your page. It will NEVER show up on their facebook page.

If you want me to go into this more and how to increase it I would be happy to do that.

Please do!

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
If I may offer a suggestion to me that sounds like oh someone MIGHT win $100 IF I think I got enough likes if not I may only give someone $2.

We have run over 100 contests, none with cash prize but maybe that is better.

You may want to do something like.

You can win up to $1000

Like our page and then share it(THIS is important the sharing part) On June 15th we will use an online random number generator to choose the winner which we will announce on June 16th at 12 Noon.

We will start at $10 and up that amount by $10 for every 50 likes we get.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Please do!

Ok well I NEVER knew about this until last week or so when someone here posted a link to an article. It turns out that fb determines what percentage of your people will have your posts put on their wall.

It ranges from 10% to 40% or so. WHY do they do this? Because fb wants to make money and if you want to guarantee the % who see your post you need to pay them.

How do they decide what % of your fans see your posts? By how many replies you get to the posts you have on your fb page. I was VERY happy to see (you can look in the admin section to see what % of walls your posts were put on) we are at approx 35%. Reason is(dumb luck on my part) that when we make a post we almost always are running a contest and require people to SHARE it to be entered in the contest.

Sooooooooooo if you are posting lots on interesting facts, info etc on your fb page you are killing your % of people who actually see your posts because very few if any people will click like or share on these sorts of posts.

I truly think that fb intentionally did this so the number of your fans who see your posts will go down down down and you will need to pay fb to change that.

The same way that Google changes their SEO 'rules' so that you will become frustrated and pay them for clicks

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Ok well I NEVER knew about this until last week or so when someone here posted a link to an article. It turns out that fb determines what percentage of your people will have your posts put on their wall.

It ranges from 10% to 40% or so. WHY do they do this? Because fb wants to make money and if you want to guarantee the % who see your post you need to pay them.

How do they decide what % of your fans see your posts? By how many replies you get to the posts you have on your fb page. I was VERY happy to see (you can look in the admin section to see what % of walls your posts were put on) we are at approx 35%. Reason is(dumb luck on my part) that when we make a post we almost always are running a contest and require people to SHARE it to be entered in the contest.

Sooooooooooo if you are posting lots on interesting facts, info etc on your fb page you are killing your % of people who actually see your posts because very few if any people will click like or share on these sorts of posts.

I truly think that fb intentionally did this so the number of your fans who see your posts will go down down down and you will need to pay fb to change that.

The same way that Google changes their SEO 'rules' so that you will become frustrated and pay them for clicks

Interesting, so maybe contests that require you to share and comment?

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
To me that would be best if your intent is to increase the % of your fans who have your posts placed on their walls.

You are also penalized if you have lots of posts, or other people post on your wall and you do not have lots of replies, likes, or shares.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
For me I am VERY VERY happy with our fb account. Sorry didn't mean to sound so doom and gloom lol

But I am not sure what is right for your business.

For me fb you can post on forums where you sell your products, and do contests, have conversations with your current as well as potential customers in your contest posts. It puts a face to your company in a medium(the internet) which is pretty faceless. It puts your potential customers are ease. It gives them a place to ask questions, to see you really are human and you will take care of them and their concerns.

I am so very blessed to have a GREAT person who takes care of ours and comes up with unique ideas for contests, new product announcements, sales announcements etc. Our resellers can also post their info, videos etc and we support them in those posts/threads.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.