The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Favorite Books on Social Media Marketing?

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

racyred09

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
359%
Nov 28, 2017
USA
Hi everyone! Can anyone recommend your favorite books (or other resources, but I prefer books- bonus if available on audiobooks!) on social media marketing? I couldn't find a thread on here about this topic already. Every book that I look at the reviews for on Amazon has poor recent reviews, usually because the tactics are obsolete.

Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fpm9

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 27, 2017
Paris
I have the same problem.. it looks like everything changes so fast, by the time a book comes out the information is obsolete.

However I found many useful posts on this forums, especially on some recent progress threads.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Jab Jab Jab Right Hook-Gary Vaynerchuck is a good book for beginners.

Some people like Contagious by Jonah Berger although is not technically about social media it helps to create viral content and be more aware of what makes a post likeable.

racyred09

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
359%
Nov 28, 2017
USA
It's not pure social media marketing, but I'm reading Fanatical Prospecting from Jeb Blount right now and he spends a lot of chapters about it. But maybe it's not specific enough for what you are looking for.

Great read though!

Hey, I can use any help I can get when it comes to marketing! Thanks Longinus, if you say it's good I'll read it.

Jab Jab Jab Right Hook-Gary Vaynerchuck is a good book for beginners.

Some people like Contagious by Jonah Berger although is not technically about social media it helps to create viral content and be more aware of what makes a post likeable.

Thank you Camilo! Those both sound great and I'll put them on the list too.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Industry blogs or podcasts may be of more help for industries that adjust and update frequently. By the time a book gets written and published, much of the content may be outdated.

racyred09

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
359%
Nov 28, 2017
USA
I second Jab Jab Jab Right Hook by Gary Vee. About deep psychology in social media that you can use to grow your brand, you can read "Influence" by Cialdini.

Thank you, Hvazquez07!

Henga

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 1, 2019
I have browsed around many places and found so many books. Some are good and some are actually not that helpful. In my experience, Freakishly Effective Social Media for Network Marketing by Ray Higdon,Jessica Higdon is the best book. It precisely demonstrates step by step process how to position oneself to build “attraction marketing” on Facebook, Instagram or whatever platform you choose.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Hi everyone! Can anyone recommend your favorite books (or other resources, but I prefer books- bonus if available on audiobooks!) on social media marketing?

Is it just an overview or something specific? Difficult to recommend something useful without knowing what it is you are aiming to achieve. What platform? What purpose? What type of content? I've say you need a team if you are going to cover multiply streams properly. Much better to to pick a platform most relevant to your audience and focus on that. Spreading yourself thin by trying to cover too many bases dilutes the impact and also reduces the time you have available for other areas of your business (unless it's just reposts).

Every book that I look at the reviews for on Amazon has poor recent reviews, usually because the tactics are obsolete.

With such a fast changing environment most of these books date really quickly. It's also why most of the best information is in specific forums and closed groups.

I recently spent $100 on an ebook dedicated to optimising Facebook paid ads specifically related to the new CBO (campaign budget optimisation) rollout. Probably not useful to most but highly valuable to social media marketeers who concentrate on paid advertising.

Jab Jab Jab Right Hook is certainly worth reading though.

You could look at Seth Godin as he has a lot to say bu,t like a lot of authors, the books are generally just a rehash of previous ones with no new startling information. The problem is if you don't put out a new book your revenue over time tanks so we see the continued recycle of old ideas dressed up in new clothing.

Personally I would look to forums and groups to your specific area of interest. Relevant and timely information direct from the trenches is much more useful IMO.

Oh, and of course the best way to learn what is working is doing rather than observing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.