The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlaning a not-for-profit concept

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

glongshadow

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Aug 6, 2021
So, having been largely absent from the forum for some time, I've decided to actually open a progress thread that follows on from my previous posts in Ideas & Feedback (Fastlaning a concept with no income stream).

I may not have been on the forum, but that's because I've been busy trying to execute. Some things worked, some didn't, and a lot has been learned.

I'm pleased to confirm that following negotiations, I now have confirmed funding from a national charity operating in the same arena in order to develop my product. Not only that, but I have been appointed as the manager for said charity for my entire country.

Among the negotiations was considerable attention to my ability to monetise the concept in other geographical areas and in other market segments. For the area I have my attention on, monetising in other geographical areas has a potential TAM in the hundreds of millions, and this grows almost exponentially when other market segments are considered to which the concept applies equally well with only very minor changes. Long story short, while said charity are happy to fund initial development on the proviso that we operate within my home country as a partnership and provide the product free of charge in that market, I am free to do whatever I feel appropriate with the product in other sectors and other markets.

As of yet, we're not talking astronomical amounts of funding or return, but it meets the test of asymmetrical upsides and limited downsides. I also maintain complete control.

I can't claim to have hit the fastlane yet, but I have definitely left the slow lane in a way I never honestly believed possible. I will continue to update this thread from time to time as I hit what I feel to be real milestones.

Once again, my sincere thanks to @MJ DeMarco for showing what is possible, and for his continued inspiration and motivation through the books (which I return to every time I hit what appears to be a roadblock or just a low point).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 12, 2022
So, having been largely absent from the forum for some time, I've decided to actually open a progress thread that follows on from my previous posts in Ideas & Feedback (Fastlaning a concept with no income stream).

I may not have been on the forum, but that's because I've been busy trying to execute. Some things worked, some didn't, and a lot has been learned.

I'm pleased to confirm that following negotiations, I now have confirmed funding from a national charity operating in the same arena in order to develop my product. Not only that, but I have been appointed as the manager for said charity for my entire country.

Among the negotiations was considerable attention to my ability to monetise the concept in other geographical areas and in other market segments. For the area I have my attention on, monetising in other geographical areas has a potential TAM in the hundreds of millions, and this grows almost exponentially when other market segments are considered to which the concept applies equally well with only very minor changes. Long story short, while said charity are happy to fund initial development on the proviso that we operate within my home country as a partnership and provide the product free of charge in that market, I am free to do whatever I feel appropriate with the product in other sectors and other markets.

As of yet, we're not talking astronomical amounts of funding or return, but it meets the test of asymmetrical upsides and limited downsides. I also maintain complete control.

I can't claim to have hit the fastlane yet, but I have definitely left the slow lane in a way I never honestly believed possible. I will continue to update this thread from time to time as I hit what I feel to be real milestones.

Once again, my sincere thanks to @MJ DeMarco for showing what is possible, and for his continued inspiration and motivation through the books (which I return to every time I hit what appears to be a roadblock or just a low point).

Very cool. But I have no idea what kind of thing/concept you're talking about...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.