The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlaners: Need Your Help, Opinions, and Votes

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I'm in a stuck rut. I had a temporary design for a the "wireframe prototype" for a web app that does employee scheduling. As the coding is about the finalize up; I am adding the last touches to the final design for the login backend area where users will see alot.

I have four different designs I would like to get an opinion and which is best. Please note: these are just screenshots and nothing but design as in layout and color scheme; nothing with actual functions are shown.

This is the "feel" to the users I would like to accomplish:
Very professionally designed, and looks solid; which carries into the user's mindset that if it looks great, it must work great as well. I also would like the users to feel a sense of power behind the app; like it has some depth to it and powerful features they need to explore. (kind of similar to the feeling of Facebook where you know it's very simply designed but behind each section is powerful features/function)

Please see attached for screenshots; may have to click to view full screen. I know right.. such a big deal for just the navigation!

Thanks!!
- James F.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Forza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Mar 14, 2008
I like the second one the best. It looks like it makes the most sense.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The second one!

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
I'm going to be honest with you and tell you that... I don't know.

Overall they all look professional. You chose a safe blue (Everyone uses blue. It feels "professional" with just the right amount of gloss or gradient because everyone uses it. Everyone. One more time for emphasis. Everyone.)

I tend to lean towards the first one for the gradient and lack of a all-across-screen bar... To me that feels most professional.
Out of the button styles I like the unpopular third one :p That just resonates best with me, personally and is entirely a style comment.

Speaking of style comments, the last one offends my brain. I see a depressed button, but I see no punchlines to show buttons. Just words. I don't know if that's a personal peculiarity or not.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Thank you everyone for your insights! I can always count on the fastlaners..:thankyousign:

@FDJustin - thank you for the in depth analysis, helped out alot! I can definitely see your point of view on things!

- James F.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.