The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane to Millions Reality Apprentice Wanted!!!!

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Looks like most agree that thursday will work ...

we are just trying to figure out a confrence program we will use for this..

still waiting to here back from few of you on list for this meet

8 snake
luke12321
stinger

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Here is a quote form Mj from another Thread with some very good points and 8 snake suggested as well that we should look at at some of these as a group

1) Your competition is FREE.
Its really hard to compete against a FREE price point and the enticement (A chance to win prizes w/some charity tossed in for good measure) simply isn't enough to encourage users to open up their wallet and drop their Facebook / MySpace account. In effect, you are holding a raffle that 99.9% of users will immediately understand that they have a slim-and-none chance of winning. This isn't a hook to action and won't propel internet users to open their wallet.

Retail web consumers are a different breed vs their business counterparts who are more loose with their money. (Which is why my first preference in web business is B2B.)

2) You can't launch a website and immediately start charging members. Who is going to join a site with 3 other people on it? No one. I made a post (in some other thread) about how this is a big mistake in trying to get new websites of the ground -- the expectation of revenue on launch is a dream, It never happens and the site never gets out of launch mode due to the owner's zeal to create revenue on day 1.

If you ever expect people to pay, you've gotta have content ... a fully flourishing network of people already engaged and locked-in.

3) No incentive to create engaging content. What incentive are there for users to create engaging content? There really isn't and the "Raffle" hook is an overestimation of consumer buying motives.

4) Your demographic doesn't have a lot of disposable income
and I doubt they will allocate their already sparse resources on something they already get for FREE and their friends get for free. Again, this goes back to your marketing hook: Win FREE prizes (assuming 1million others join as well) isn't strong enough.

These are just a few of the issues I see.

With that said, what retooling would I do?

1. Your hook (USP: Unique Selling Proposition) needs to be stronger.
  2. Your price point needs to be reduced or eliminated.
  3. You need to create a motive for engagement. A snowballs chance in hell at winning some prize won't cut it.

Here is a model that I think will work.

1) Dump the raffle model and move to one that is incentive based.
  • -- Create your own currency. For example, "Plebens".
  • -- Pay your users "Plebens" for engaging in social networking activity.
Login: 1 pleben
Send to a Friend: 10 plebens
Use Pleben Mail System: 2 pleben
Post a picture: 1 pleben
Write a blog entry: 2 plebens
2) Create a "Pleben Marketplace" where users can redeem their Pleben Dollars for merchandise: Free MP3's, Free T-Shirts, Ipods, Restuarant Gift Cards, you name it!

Examples: 100 plebens gets you 1 free MP3 download from Itunes!
5000 plebens: Free Ipod

3) Eliminate or reduce the membership fee.
If you reduce, I suggest something that mentally is unobtrusive to someone who is 22 years old ... like 99 cents per month.

2,000,000 users at 99 a month is revenues of $2m/mo or 24M.year

4) Introduce a revenue model for B2B merchandising.
Once you start acquiring a network of users and your marketplace starts hitting steam, you can start taking kickbacks and merchandising enticements from retailers looking to get their product out into the mainstream. For example, ITunes might pay you a 10 cent rebate for every Itunes download bought thru the Pleben Marketplace.

This is really were you can create a larger and more lucrative revenue stream.

The whole concept comes down to leverage and is a lesson in the fastlane -- you leverage your user base to be social and viral.
Your users become a marketing army. Think about it: Your users redeem their plebens for a T-shirt that says "Pleben". That's how businesses grow exponential vs linear.

The above addresses the challenges I mentioned. It creates a viral incentive for users to make Pleben their #1 SN destination - it gives them a REAL reason to open up their wallets and actively use their Pleben account - day-in and day-out. To make my suggestion work, I'd do a financial analysis of the currency/marketplace relationship.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
I agree, those are some good points to keep in mind.

Just let me know when a good time to meet is. A PM will probably be most effective. I'm feeling a bit under the weather so I'm not checking the board as much.

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
How does 7 pm EST time sound for tommorow nite , for now we might just have to use MSN until i find a better plateform .

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
I am glad to let everyone know that we are having our first meet/conference today at 7PM EST on MSN

Please PM if you have any questions

we will be covering several subjects about this project !

My Hotmail adress : fastlaneApprentice@live.ca

This is the email you will be using to add me to your MSN messenger

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
update:

Our first meeting went well last night , considering I had a hard time communicating through typing on MSN but i think we got a small part of what we needed to accomplish and made a few important decisions .

It was really nice meeting and chatting with all of you , I can see you guys are all charged and ready to make this happen and we will.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
wow, I missed out on the meeting! I thought this thread had died honestly and had not been checking it. I would like to hear what was discussed from the meeting though. Who can catch me up?

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Luke12321 ... I sent you several PM about our meeting last nite , you are still welcome to come for our next meeting this comming Monday at 7pm EST

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
6.0...With Luke coming on board, will our plans change from what was discussed last night?

Luke...welcome!

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Hey guys, don't worry about including me. I am not around the computer at night until like 10:30 each night monday-thursday. I would like to do something like this but at the moment with school, I don't think it would be possible for me to attend meetings and be "in the loop" with everything I got on my plate. Bull, you have done a good job and I will keep up with you guys and maybe in the future....I will be able to dedicate more time to such a venture as this. I know you guys will do well in whatever you decide to do!

Goodluck!
(make the board proud!)

Luke

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
Sorry to hear that you won't be joining us Luke. Best of luck with school!

6.0...nevermind. Looks like we're back to the original scenario.

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Update:

We had a great meeting and have decided to take a vote for the last 3 people that will remain to form the LLC and move on with the apprentice
below is some of the criteria that the members will be using to vote .

OK guys below you will find your three bio's please use some wise decision before you take your vote here is a list of what you should do and should be looking for before you make your decision

1-Base 75% of your decision after reading each persons posts in the forum ! what you will be looking for will be the following in order of importance

-creative mindset,new ideas ,new concepts after all that what we will be doing as a final group is coming up with a great idea idea
-entrepreneurial premise , do you feel that person has that premise based on what you have read about them from there posts in the forum and not from there bio
-the quality of there posts , have they posted quality posts or just filler with no bases - this will show how much someone will really contribute in final group
-do you feel they would be e-business savvy

2-Read there Bio and make a 25% educated decision for your vote based on what they wrote on there bio.

THE THINGS THAT YOU SHOULD NOT BE BASING YOUR DECISION ON

- how long they have been a member of the forum
- how long they have been member of this group
-how many posts they have
-whether you have some association with them a Friend etc
-based on whether they have posted about a subject that you are particularly find of interest

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Update :eek:ur short meeting went well last Night allot of questions and issues were addressed and I think everyone is on track, I see the the motivation and enthusiasm and excitement is building with this group...

Our Next Meeting will be this coming Monday at 7PM EST

Antonio.. thanks for the words of encouragement! Pm me if you have any interest to join

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
The framework is definitely starting to take shape! While the planning stages may not be the most exciting and fast-paced portions of the project to follow along with in this thread, they are certainly essential to the formation of a successful core. Stay tuned, because this project and thread are poised to really take off!

Anyone who feels like they're on the outside looking in, it's not too late to express an interest in joining. Feel free to post in here or PM myself or 6.0 for details. Take some action!!!

Antonio.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 28, 2007
Saint Louis
Update :eek:ur short meeting went well last Night allot of questions and issues were addressed and I think everyone is on track, I see the the motivation and enthusiasm and excitement is building with this group...

Our Next Meeting will be this coming Monday at 7PM EST

Antonio.. thanks for the words of encouragement! Pm me if you have any interest to join

PM SENT!

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Just a note to my group...if you should all look at this thread not just for inspiration but the simple fact ...it doesn't take a fortune to start a venture and I know some money issue has been discussed in our meeting several times now.........

http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/showthread.php?p=27604#post27604

I think if you have the Entrepreneurial Premise or spirit I would like to add the fact that most successful entrepreneurs are risk takers ...and by risk takers means risking money ......In a society that is so often risk averse, those with entrepreneurial spirit embrace risk taking risks this is a natural concept that is associated with entrepreneurs and the often high risk potential involved in following a new cutting edge idea or venture. H

However risk is not the same as recklessness and those demonstrating an entrepreneurial Premise are likely to be adept at assessing the risks involved in any venture. I have many times and actually I am going to venture and say that all my succesful ventures have been made with the biggest risks and at points in my life were are used all the capital i had downto my last pocket change and somtimes borowed debt and I am sure others can agree that have done the same.........

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
However risk is not the same as recklessness and those demonstrating an entrepreneurial Premise are likely to be adept at assessing the risks involved in any venture.

This can't be emphasized enough! Fantastic insight, Manny. Rep++

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Update : Our next meeting scheduled will be Monday 11th at 7pm EST

Please make sure your there !

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Update::cheers:

Would like once again, to thank all the guys for showing up last night at our meeting.

Our meeting last night went great! , our group seems to be very motivated to move on with the Fastlane to Apprentice program , we came to some agreements and conclusions in our direction and got what we needed to accomplish done in just a little over an hour that it lasted.

We have now narrowed down our group and will be proceeding to take a vote on the last three left for our core group. To form our LLC for the Fastlane Apprentice.

This vote will be taking place next Monday and it will be based on entrepreneurial premise outlined on this thread and also on some criteria that I have outlined as well...

They have the option of posting there e-business ideas on this thread and I welcome everyone’s critique and evaluation on there ideas as this could have an impact on there final vote as well. These ideas will only be for the purpose as part of there elimination vote and not for our final e-business venture.

Good Luck guys:thankyousign:

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
Here's one that focuses in on the niche market:

A web-based "community" that focuses on the practice of alternative (or new) construction methods and living an increasingly efficient lifestyle. There are many sites on the web that touch on various aspects of this idea, but they're all segmented and cumbersome to sift through. By bringing everything together and creating the feel of an online community, this site can grow as this movement continues to expand.

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
Hey guys ...

Good to see some of your ideas before Monday...

I welcome anyones comments on your ideas , I will be commenting via PM i know some of you left out the details due to the public aspect of this thread witch is fine ...

All In general potentially good ideas so far

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.