The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane or Slowlane Biz? Shut up an do it.

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
lately there seems to be more 'is this a fastlane or slowlane idea' threads than normal. If you are asking this question, read this!

Business ideas are neither fastlane or slowlane. Almost all (still trying to think of an example which is not) can be fastlane or slowlane. The key is how you implement.

some examples:

1. Inventing- fastlane= license the rights and collect royalties. slowlane= manufacture yourself and sell at fleamarkets.

2. buying franchises= fastlane= buying the rights to large area and then subfranchising so others do the actual work. slowlane= buying a franchise and working in it everyday.

3. farming= fastlane= develop system, hire staff to manage, sit back and eat free steak. slowlane= awaking at the butt crack of dawn to milk the cows.

4. mechanic= fastlane= same as farming, develop a system that employees run, and expand. slowlane= fixing all the cars yourself.

More examples are available, but I think you get the point. It does not matter what idea you pick. Stop worrying about whether or not it is fastlane. Do you enjoy it? The go for it, and make it fastlane. The choice is yours, it is not the choice of the idea.

The question we should be seeing is HOW CAN I FASTLANE THIS IDEA? And that is only after you have started taking some action.

There is a wealth of experience and wisdom here and it can be used to help guide you to success. But you need to start moving first.

So to answer all the fastlane vs. slowlane questions, the answer is yes. Whatever idea it is, it is both. It is up to you to decide how you will implement the idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
1. Inventing- slowlane= manufacture yourself and sell at fleamarkets.

Good thread Kurt. The above can be turned into a Fastlane business by manufacturing the product yourself and selling to businesses.

thecoach

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
What if I want to flip burgers :)

I realize you are being sarcastic, but Kurt's point still applies. Set yourself self up financially so you can do as you wish. Flipping burgers may not do that, but why not setup other things that make you passive income so you can flip burgers?

I know several folks that still do a day job. They are financially independent. They enjoy the job. They set themselves up financially so they could enjoy the job and not need the job. It puts the power into your hands and takes it out of your employers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.