The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Magazine Subscription

aaron bowe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 14, 2015
I used to love getting new magazines as a kid. I remember that "new magazine" smell fondly, the glossy pages, etc.
What everyone is getting at here basically is that it would benefit a small portion of us/the consumer more than it would actually benefit MJ or the forum entirely. Cool idea, but probably not very good on the scale & time aspect (assuming we're following fastlane principles). Also, I think we all enjoy the little bit of obscurity this forum has. Sure, there are a few trolls here and there, but imagine if this forum's publicity was 10x'd or more - it would only be a matter of time before it got muddied up, thus causing the mods more hassle, the members more hassle and INSIDERS's prices to go way up (which reminds me, I need to get on that before they do).
It's nice to know we share that same sentiment! I know that exact smell. And yeah you are right about the forum's publicity. I just wanted to say that personally, I would be interested in something of the sort and was wondering if others felt the same.

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
It will completely defeat the purpose of building a online community. Gold nuggets in a mag - wud be spoon feeding. Worse , Sounds like a lazy kids request to be honest.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@aaron bowe -- you are looking at this from your perspective and biases. From your situation this idea makes sense. From mine, it doesn't.

Could a magazine make me more money? Probably. I am missing a potential opportunity? Maybe.

Is money my primary objective right now? No, it isn't.

My priority for the last few years is to minimize drama and continue feeling retired... while I still work (a lot), I still consider myself "semi-retired"-- I'm not interested in guru fame, recognition, renown (Burchard, Ferris, Robbins, Altucher) by doing podcasting, being featured on Entrepreneur, etc. I don't care about any of that shit.

While spreading the Fastlane message is a goal, I'm not willing to let it consume my life. A "magazine" would do that-- much more so than this forum already does.

Yup, I'm passionate about Fastlane-- but I will always remain more passionate about owning my time and having freedom, above all else.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

aaron bowe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 14, 2015
It will completely defeat the purpose of building a online community. Gold nuggets in a mag - wud be spoon feeding. Worse , Sounds like a lazy kids request to be honest.
My apologies, just saw this.
I see where you get the idea of l
@aaron bowe -- you are looking at this from your perspective and biases. From your situation this idea makes sense. From mine, it doesn't.

Could a magazine make me more money? Probably. I am missing a potential opportunity? Maybe.

Is money my primary objective right now? No, it isn't.

My priority for the last few years is to minimize drama and continue feeling retired... while I still work (a lot), I still consider myself "semi-retired"-- I'm not interested in guru fame, recognition, renown (Burchard, Ferris, Robbins, Altucher) by doing podcasting, being featured on Entrepreneur, etc. I don't care about any of that shit.

While spreading the Fastlane message is a goal, I'm not willing to let it consume my life. A "magazine" would do that-- much more so than this forum already does.

Yup, I'm passionate about Fastlane-- but I will always remain more passionate about owning my time and having freedom, above all else.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Fair enough.

I appreciate the response.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Interesting idea and if MJ had different goals could certainly work out. It would have to be digital and the content on the magazine would have to be exclusive from the forums. Finding dozens of contributors, some editors, and even doing interviews seems like a nice idea. But it would be "work" and would take "time".

I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread but an idea could be to run it for MJ if he approved of it and work out a deal. Could be passive income for him and a way for someone else to piggy back MJ's success.

Just talking out loud here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.