The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Magazine Subscription

aaron bowe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 14, 2015
@MJ DeMarco
I know that your time is valuable and I'm not sure if you accept direct questions from newer members but...
Have you ever considered creating a Fastlane Magazine with a monthly subscription?

It could be filled with information such as the latest gold threads, fastlane related news articles, the latest inventions, books, startups that were fastlane and so forth.

I'm sure you have already thought of this, but just wanted to run it by you because that is something I would be interested in although I can't speak for others. Would provide a lot of value.

What does every one else think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
Well what if it was an email styled news letter? Doesn't have to be a physical magazine.

aaron bowe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 14, 2015
Well what if it was an email styled news letter? Doesn't have to be a physical magazine.
That's another good idea.
Personally, I still enjoy the traditional style of a physical magazine. I don't know why. There's just something beautiful about it.

Vidar

Business Ninjette
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jun 22, 2013
Utah
@MJ DeMarco
I know that your time is valuable and I'm not sure if you accept direct questions from newer members but...
Have you ever considered creating a Fastlane Magazine with a monthly subscription?

It could be filled with information such as the latest gold threads, fastlane related news articles, the latest inventions, books, startups that were fastlane and so forth.

I'm sure you have already thought of this, but just wanted to run it by you because that is something I would be interested in although I can't speak for others. Would provide a lot of value.

What does every one else think?
I'm not sure MJ's going to "spoon-feed" anyone with a magazine (or newsletter) that has all the important info concentrated down into it. He's already provided this awesome forum for us to find, and communicate about, all of the things that you listed.

One of the major tenets of the Fastlane is to Take Action, get out there and do the work that no one else is willing to do... like read through thousands of threads for gold nuggets of amazingness to help us in our endeavors.

And if you want even more great content, join the Inside! :)

aaron bowe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 14, 2015
I'm not sure MJ's going to "spoon-feed" anyone with a magazine (or newsletter) that has all the important info concentrated down into it. He's already provided this awesome forum for us to find, and communicate about, all of the things that you listed.

One of the major tenets of the Fastlane is to Take Action, get out there and do the work that no one else is willing to do... like read through thousands of threads for gold nuggets of amazingness to help us in our endeavors.

And if you want even more great content, join the Inside! :)
I will be joining the inside soon, you can count on that.
But I wouldn't consider it "spoon-feeding." I was merely giving him an idea to provide value while gaining profits. Isn't that what it's all about?
More advertising and money for him, not me.

Vidar

Business Ninjette
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jun 22, 2013
Utah
I will be joining the inside soon, you can count on that.
But I wouldn't consider it "spoon-feeding." I was merely giving him an idea to provide value while gaining profits. Isn't that what it's all about?
More advertising and money for him, not me.
I'm just not seeing it as value.

Why would he spend all his favorite thing (TIME) on a magazine or newsletter when he's already got a nicely functioning forum, with subscription INSIDERS, that has all of the things you were talking about?

Just sayin'.

aaron bowe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 14, 2015
I'd rather just come here and see everything warts and all. :)
I agree and will do the same.
However, I know a few people that are not tech savvy and would be more interested in a magazine form of the fastlane forum.
I would also enjoy keeping a collection of fastlane magazines, see them stack up overtime, and someday look back at them years later.
Just an interesting thought, no more no less.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@jon.a's Coffee Table Book of Mustaches? Could eventually shift into a bi-monthly ezine.......

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I agree and will do the same.
However, I know a few people that are not tech savvy and would be more interested in a magazine form of the fastlane forum.
I would also enjoy keeping a collection of fastlane magazines, see them stack up overtime, and someday look back at them years later.
Just an interesting thought, no more no less.
For a price @MJ DeMarco might license the deal to someone.

aaron bowe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 14, 2015

Why would he spend all his favorite thing (TIME) on a magazine or newsletter when he's already got a nicely functioning forum, with subscription INSIDERS, that has all of the things you were talking about?

Just sayin'.
Because there are other people to target. Of course the people on the forum will be biased because they are used to it, but I know others that would be more interested in a magazine subscription because they have not adapted to the internet. I do not know if it would be profitable because only trial and error would show that. Just saying that I'm sure there is some need that could be filled.
And come on.. You're telling me the author of the Millionaire Fastlane couldn't hire someone else to do everything for him and keep his most valuable asset, time?

Vidar

Business Ninjette
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jun 22, 2013
Utah
Because there are other people to target. Of course the people on the forum will be biased because they are used to it, but I know others that would be more interested in a magazine subscription because they have not adapted to the internet. I do not know if it would be profitable because only trial and error would show that. Just saying that I'm sure there is some need that could be filled.
And come on.. You're telling me the author of the Millionaire Fastlane couldn't hire someone else to do everything for him and keep his most valuable asset, time?
I don't get it. You obviously have some insight into TMF and its audience of internet savvy-less people that I can't comprehend.

Must be 'cause I'm blonde.

Also, I definitely don't think he couldn't hire someone to do everything for him, I'm just questioning if he'd actually WANT to do so... MJ likes control (if you remember the book) so I'm sure he'd have to spend time on it either way.

p.s. I'd totally buy @jon.a 's Coffee Table Book o' Mustaches.

D

Deleted21961

Just sayin'.
It could be done semi-automatically. For example, e-mail could contain best posts/threads from last month, where "best" could be calculated basing on likes weighted by liker reputation.

aaron bowe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 14, 2015
I don't get it. You obviously have some insight into TMF and its audience of internet savvy-less people that I can't comprehend.

Must be 'cause I'm blonde.

Also, I definitely don't think he couldn't hire someone to do everything for him, I'm just questioning if he'd actually WANT to do so... MJ likes control (if you remember the book) so I'm sure he'd have to spend time on it either way.

p.s. I'd totally buy @jon.a 's Coffee Table Book o' Mustaches.
I don't understand how you don't see any potential whatsoever.

Would the magazines provide value? Yes.
Is there a need? Yes.
Is it profitable? Could be.

I'm not saying it's the best idea. I'm not saying he should or shouldn't do anything. I'm just asking myself one question, would i purchase the magazine subscription? Yes. Boom. Potential. Now scale that and boom. More potential.

I'm not saying that I am right or you are wrong. Just trying to illustrate some potential for you since you don't see "any" value.

Vidar

Business Ninjette
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jun 22, 2013
Utah
I don't understand how you don't see any potential whatsoever.

Would the magazines provide value? Yes.
Is there a need? Yes.
Is it profitable? Could be.

I'm not saying it's the best idea. I'm not saying he should or shouldn't do anything. I'm just asking myself one question, would i purchase the magazine subscription? Yes. Boom. Potential. Now scale that and boom. More potential.

I'm not saying that I am right or you are wrong. Just trying to illustrate some potential for you since you don't see "any" value.
But WHY?? Why would you buy it?? :eek: You're already on the forum that has all that info. Print it out and put it in a nice binder or something if you want to keep it for posterity.

Is this the audience of non-internet adapted users you're talking about?

They don't seem like they'd be much into The Millionaire Fastlane ... Kind of a little late for that, eh? They're cute though :joyful:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Here's why it not a good idea. If...
You had the money, there are better investments.
You had the talent, there would be better projects for you to work on.
You had the time, you probably aren't qualified.

aaron bowe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 14, 2015
But WHY?? Why would you buy it?? :eek: You're already on the forum that has all that info. Print it out and put it in a nice binder or something if you want to keep it for posterity.

Is this the audience of non-internet adapted users you're talking about?

They don't seem like they'd be much into The Millionaire Fastlane ... Kind of a little late for that, eh? They're cute though :joyful:
I can see that this conversation with you isn't going anywhere so I'll agree to disagree. Fair points, mate. ;)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
It's not a good idea because people would be pissed if he took their forum created content and published it for profit. He would have to work out some deal with the content creators and that just would not fly well.

aaron bowe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 14, 2015
Here's why it not a good idea. If...
You had the money, there are better investments.
You had the talent, there would be better projects for you to work on.
You had the time, you probably aren't qualified.
Valid points.
However... in MJ's situation, I feel he has built the fastlane from the ground up and now has a certain degree of love for it. To spreading the word of the the fastlane through his book and this forum. And the magazine would be one more form of communication with the world. Profits aside, value aside, I believe that MJ would do this for his passion of the fastlane philosophy.
Money and time will soon come to an end but the legacy will stay.

I know this isn't the forum to be talking about such passions and legacies...

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Valid points.
However... in MJ's situation, I feel he has built the fastlane from the ground up and now has a certain degree of love for it. To spreading the word of the the fastlane through his book and this forum. And the magazine would be one more form of communication with the world. Profits aside, value aside, I believe that MJ would do this for his passion of the fastlane philosophy.
Money and time will soon come to an end but the legacy will stay.

I know this isn't the forum to be talking about such passions and legacies...
Are you just trying to be right?

aaron bowe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 14, 2015
It's not a good idea because people would be pissed if he took their forum created content and published it for profit. He would have to work out some deal with the content creators and that just would not fly well.
Sounds like advertisement for everybody!

Just kidding.. I understand that aspect. And that this forum is great because it's originality and doesn't need large amounts of money hungry sidewalkers racing to the site for a get rich quick antidote.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
That's another good idea.
Personally, I still enjoy the traditional style of a physical magazine. I don't know why. There's just something beautiful about it.
I used to love getting new magazines as a kid. I remember that "new magazine" smell fondly, the glossy pages, etc.
What everyone is getting at here basically is that it would benefit a small portion of us/the consumer more than it would actually benefit MJ or the forum entirely. Cool idea, but probably not very good on the scale & time aspect (assuming we're following fastlane principles). Also, I think we all enjoy the little bit of obscurity this forum has. Sure, there are a few trolls here and there, but imagine if this forum's publicity was 10x'd or more - it would only be a matter of time before it got muddied up, thus causing the mods more hassle, the members more hassle and INSIDERS's prices to go way up (which reminds me, I need to get on that before they do).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.