The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane is so yesterday, Vanilla Ice is going to make me rich! *BALLING*

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
The Vanilla Ice Project: Official Vanilla Ice Real Estate Show on DIY |

I remember seeing part of the show on TV. The short video on the site is incredible stale. This is the type of business I would love to know someone on the inside for. I just wonder how many people buy this from the infomercial and what his list growth looks like....

1LAkh.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Guess we can take it as a sign that the RE market has rebounded! :)

mohawkdcg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 31, 2012
OC Cal
Or alternatively that the RE market is nearing a new top.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I scanned the site for a few minutes looking for the three magic words..... someone here should know what the three magic words are!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
for the three magic words..... Someone here should know what the three magic words are!

ice ice baby!

(or maybe "get rich quick!")

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
Who is this guy again? I just remember Em ending his rap career.

Sent from my iOS powered Android.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
I was just talking about this guy on a recent Facebook blog post:

https://www.facebook.com/allenleung/posts/398468230225996

I was actually talking about John McAfee at first (he allegedly murdered someone recently), but I gave Mr. Ice a shout out. Here's a paste of the post for those who don't have Facebook:

Millionaire founder of McAfee Anti-Virus is wanted for murder, and in May 2012, was arrested for unlicensed drug manufacturing and possession of an unlicensed weapon. Who said software developers don't lead interesting lives? #thuglife

If you read his Wiki, it says that he used to be worth $100 million, but then he lost most of it to bad investments and was worth only $4 million as of 2009. Ouch! That might explain why he went into the drug manufacturing business. Once you get a taste of the rich life, it's hard to let it go. You end up doing shady things to make money (especially when your past projects don't make you much money anymore). That's why you see people like Vanilla Ice trying to sell toolkits on how to "pimp properties and get paid": The Vanilla Ice Project Real Estate Guide - YouTube Interesting that he started selling his real estate toolkit in 2009, a year that a lot of house flippers lost a ton of money from the housing market crash.

Well, in my ongoing quest to teach people to make money, today's Lifehacked lesson is not about app development. It's about making snake oil videos.

In this uncertain economy, you will never know when your business will belly-up. But what you can be certain of is that there is no shortage of people with a paycheck wanting to become rich. So, you can get rich by writing a guide and selling that guide to those people for a ridiculous price. The most important thing you need is a video for your sales pitch:

Snake Oil Video Making 101:
1) Stand in front of expensive car (people like nice cars)
2) Stand in front of a mansion (people like mansions)
3) Have skinny white girls in your video (people like skinny white girls)
4) Mention where people might know you from (even if it's a song from two decades ago, and you haven't made a hit song since then)
5) Sell people on the promise that they will be rich like you if they give you their money (they are too distracted by the cars and girls at this point to realize the messed up logic in that statement)
6) Flaunt your cash some more (people like money)
7) Say things like "Live life like a rockstar," then walk into a public pool (people equate pool with success - even though it's a public pool that anyone can get into)
8) Ask people for their email addresses (to spam them with more ads later)

Now to price the guide that you are selling:
Price of Vanilla Ice's Get Rich toolkit? No, not $375 (what he says is the value of the toolkit). And not $297 (what he claims is the "honest", "true" price of the toolkit). He's doing YOU a favor by selling it for "only" $97. That's 67% off some made-up price! Bargain! So with only "a few hours a week of investing", you, too, could be balling like Vanilla Ice (source: Vanilla Ice Real Estate | Rock Star Toolkit)

Now to write the guide:
Just take some other guides on the topic you're talking about, paraphrase it, and put it into a book (oops, I mean "toolkit"). People know that books only cost $12-25. But if you call it a "toolkit", you can sell it for whatever price you want.

That's the end of the snake oil tutorial. Now, you owe me $700. Paypal me at regoapps@gmail.com Thanks!

Btw, this isn't hating on Vanilla Ice. Hating would be if I said something like: "Hey Mr. Ice. Why are you still sporting a baseball cap? You're 45. You ain't fooling anyone."

Anyway. Back to McAfee and his bath salts business. Crazy people taking anti-psychotic drugs to make them less paranoid and psycho. Normal people taking drugs that make them more paranoid and psycho. What a strange world we live in.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Noooo hahaha.

"NO MONEY DOWN"

Why is it these people who sell programs, spouting no money down, usually have millions to begin with?

He should have advertised to music and lyrics.....

If money's a problem... YO' I'LL SOLVE IT...check out this hook in the real-estate market. NOTHIN' DOWN BABY......NOTHIN' DOWN BABY

:rofl:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Why is it these people who sell programs, spouting no money down, usually have millions to begin with?
Because they sell the promise of riches to the 95% of people that have no money to put down for a deal.

They have done it once and again.

It does not fail.

They produce. The masses consume.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Because they sell the promise of riches to the 95% of people that have no money to put down for a deal.

They have done it once and again.

It does not fail.

They produce. The masses consume.

Yep.

No one found my above jingle funny? C'mon I spent all night on that-jk

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Word to your mother.... :)

I have read a bit on Vanilla Ice, only because my brother really liked him back in the day and I went to see him in concert (free admission, go figure) for the shits and giggles a few years ago before he started doing the REI show.

I think the story goes, he never went broke like many rappers done. Especially a one hit wonder, you would think he wouldn't of had a chance to survive it and come out with some money but he did. He bought properties all over the country as he was touring and never gave it much thought. Just buying property where he enjoyed being at. Once the career dried up, he decided to sell one of the properties and made some cash on it. That is when the light bulb went off for him that he could make cash in real estate.

He has purchases strip malls as well if I remember correctly. I wasn't there for his journey and I don't know if he has really made a dollar from REI but that is his story.

I think once the flipping show became popular, he was getting a ton of e-mails on, "How can I make money in real estate" ect ect. He spotted a demand around him and put together a product that he could sell to them. Pretty fastlane, if you ask me. :smxB:

Yeah, the bling bling is a bit over the top but hell....he is Vanilla Ice, what do you expect!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
No one found my above jingle funny? C'mon I spent all night on that-jk
I think you have the same future in the music/jingle industry as Vanilla Ice.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
He spotted a demand around him and put together a product that he could sell to them. Pretty fastlane, if you ask me.
Hell yeah. He took his only asset (D-list celebrity name recognition) and is probably making a killing. While we laugh for ten seconds, he probably made a couple thousand dollars.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
I think you have the same future in the music/jingle industry as Vanilla Ice.

:rofl: Thanks. I read somewhere hes still worth between 15 and 20 million so.....he didn't go the way of MC.

I don't know much about him behind the scenes, but I have to give him props; he put up with an unbelievable amount of sh*t in his career, still does, and hes still out there hustling.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.