The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Fastlane Fantasy Football, Season 4! (2011-12)

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

KevMoDee

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Apr 13, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
Do we have a league yet? Or is the $100 cost prohibitive for some?

As an aside, if anyone knows of any higher stakes FF leagues that I can participate in in the future, please PM me.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
League has been created

League info here

I put the draft time I think for Sunday, 28th around 10:30 EST was the only available time other than 6:30 est which I figured would be too early in the day possibly for people who are not on the east coast.

Everyone who was in the league last year, should get an invite via email automatically.

As far as the pool, if we had 10 players at $100 each. I would break it down something like.

Regular season:
1st place: $400
2nd place: $100

Playoff Champ:
$500

I agree, playoffs can be a bit of a crapshoot but also you have to plan for what players may be sitting that last week. For example, do you ride Brady throughout the season but take the risk that in the real nfl season (our playoffs) he may be resting.

One league that I am....to reward the regular season teams that did well makes the lower seed teams sit like one positional player and one defensive player in the first round, then one defensive player in the 2nd round, then in the later rounds I think it is just even playing field I think....cause at the Superbowl they are no advantage as far as home field in real life.

If we could agree upon some rule like that, then we could reward less to the regular season winner and more to the playoff winner as the regular season best performers SHOULD have the best chance to win the playoffs with those settings.

Just a thought to kick around....

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Is there any chance of a later date. Ill be away that weekend and I doubt things will go well if I did a fantasy draft on vacation. Lol. I would really like to be in tbe league though.

KevMoDee

New Contributor
Apr 13, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
Tried to go through the link, but received:

"You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)"

KevMoDee

New Contributor
Apr 13, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
Anyone else having problems with these links?

I tried all 3 links that were posted, did a search (while logged in to my yahoo account) for "Fastlane Fantasy Football" and "FastlaneFantasyFootball" with "fastlane" as password. Not sure if you need to enter into the league to do invites directly to email addresses, but I can't seem to register.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
You need to send invites with league # and password. I'll pm you my email.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Hey guys, don't know what is going on with the link....if anyone can be help me out with that, that would be great but if you want to just look up the league in yahoo, go to whatever page allows you to join private leagues and the name is

League: Fastlane Fantasy Football

Password: Fastlane

Just off the top of my head, without going through the thread on here...

Harjak
Luke12321
MJ
Merkins

I know these four are typically in, the other guy with the requst to get in makes 5. A long ways from where we need to be.

Again, if anyone is out there saying I will do $25 or $50, then let us know. If it comes down to having a 10 man league for $25 per team, that is better than no league. So don't be afraid to chime in if you would prefer to pay a lesser amount, at this point anything will be considered.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I just accepted. I emailed LODO to accept also. I talked to Mud Dogs and he won't be back this year. I invited 4 more guys from my office, so hopefully somebody bites.

-Hakrjak

OP
OP
MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I got a guy who will play but only wants to do $50 since he is a relative FF newb.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Oct 2, 2008
Still having trouble finding the league! Would like an invite!

OP
OP
MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Oct 2, 2008
Lets do 50 and try to get 10 or 12! My Step dad is signing up tonight! That gives us 8

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Just tried to join and it said that there is no room in the league if all teams rejoin from last year. Get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams or delete the teams that are not rejoining.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
league has been upped to 16....can go higher if needed.

I think we have 7 now, so the chances of having a season is looking somewhat better.

I think everyone who said $100 was fine, will be fine with $50 as well.

If you have any friends or family that would want in for $50, tell them to sign up!

At this point, I think it would be a good idea to get a solid draft day and time setup.

Anyone have any days were they cannot participate, or any request in regards to that?

Thanks

Luke

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Ok I'm in. Let the games begin!

The only dates I can't do are from the 25-28th. I'll be away. I can do the 29th night. Also Sept. 6th I have another draft.

OP
OP
MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
C'mon guys we need 1 more player, or 3. I've already brought in a newbie.

Also, the entry fee has been reduced to $50.

Deege

Contributor
Oct 12, 2008
So in, but my money is literally strapped to marketing right now, ill see if i can swing Grant to come play some ball. When is draft?

I can get two people possibly

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I see we're up to 9 players now. Wish we could get a few more to make it a fun season. We're down to $50 a man now? Bummer... But if that's the only way we could get people to play, I guess...

-Hakrjak

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I just talked to Mud Dogs from last year, and he says if it's $50 -- he's in for this year after all, so you should see him pop up as our #10 shortly.

Should we try to get a couple more people?

OP
OP
MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I noticed that the Draft is now showing up as Monday night instead of Sunday morning? Just want to confirm because I thought someone said 10am on Sunday morning was the only time available!? Monday night works great for me.

Thanks,

-Hakrjak

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Ok guys,

The draft is scheduled for 10:30 EDT.

We finally have 10 players, which is enough to have a league. I am assuming $50 per day is the entry fee....totally fine by me.

Is the draft time a problem, should I bump it back? I think if we bump it back, we can only do that for either Tuesday-Thursday of this week as this upcoming weekend is Labor Day weekend.

I just don't want 3 people in the draft, most everyone autodrafts and some pay and some don't.

If anyone is reading this, please let me know if you think bumping the draft time back to say Thursday would be a good idea, that way everyone can spread the word and be online for the draft. Otherwise, I am afraid we are going to have several autodrafters tonight and maybe some people who don't want to cough up $50 when Kerry Collins is selected for them.

Thoughts?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
I have zero coding skills whatsoever. Are coding skills needed? Will the be learned in the...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@LynX You know, this is a "Marketplace" Thread. Completely appropriate to offer goods and...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock