- Joined
- Mar 3, 2014
- Messages
- 36
Rep Bank
$345
$345
User Power: 239%
Today I was reading the newspaper and stumbled an obituary about a man named James Evans Stowers, Jr. Probably the reason I saw it was because it was taking up HALF the page! Naturally, I had to read more to see who this guy was, and I discovered that most of the obituary was filled with lists of amazing accomplishments - sentence after sentence of them. The article stated Stowers was an "ordinary" man that worked hard to achieve greatness. In his mid 20's, Stowers dropped out of school to start American Century Investments. 20 years later, he was a billionaire.
In his obituary, I noticed that his beliefs of success are very similar to beliefs that are stated on this forum all the time. I'll state one of them that hit me the hardest here. When he was asked why his company was so successful he stated, "It was my belief that if we helped make people successful, they would in turn make us successful". This guy figured that out in 1958. Entrepreneurship is about selflessness. It's about serving people first. By doing so, you are also serving yourself.
In his obituary, I noticed that his beliefs of success are very similar to beliefs that are stated on this forum all the time. I'll state one of them that hit me the hardest here. When he was asked why his company was so successful he stated, "It was my belief that if we helped make people successful, they would in turn make us successful". This guy figured that out in 1958. Entrepreneurship is about selflessness. It's about serving people first. By doing so, you are also serving yourself.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
