The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Billionaire Dies

Anything related to matters of the mind

Spartan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 3, 2014
Today I was reading the newspaper and stumbled an obituary about a man named James Evans Stowers, Jr. Probably the reason I saw it was because it was taking up HALF the page! Naturally, I had to read more to see who this guy was, and I discovered that most of the obituary was filled with lists of amazing accomplishments - sentence after sentence of them. The article stated Stowers was an "ordinary" man that worked hard to achieve greatness. In his mid 20's, Stowers dropped out of school to start American Century Investments. 20 years later, he was a billionaire.

In his obituary, I noticed that his beliefs of success are very similar to beliefs that are stated on this forum all the time. I'll state one of them that hit me the hardest here. When he was asked why his company was so successful he stated, "It was my belief that if we helped make people successful, they would in turn make us successful". This guy figured that out in 1958. Entrepreneurship is about selflessness. It's about serving people first. By doing so, you are also serving yourself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Spartan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 3, 2014
I found the article in the newspaper, but I'm sure there is a ton of information about him on the web.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.