The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Biggest Loser

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
I see a few people with weight loss as a goal for '10. (I think their were also a few weight gain people, I will try not to hate you guys).

Anyone interest in a fastlane fat club?

We post our starting weight and each week we post our new weight with the net.

Then if someone, for example me, forgets to post theirs during a week, the other participants can pm or fb me or twitter me and say something like "hey lardbutt, you forgot to post your weight." or something encouraging like that.

Also, if I or someone happens to gain weight during a week, we can chide each other with phrases like, "hey tubby, why are you getting fatter?" or "hey fats- most people's belts aren't just for aesthetics."

Obviously I am being humorous, but we could encourage other on this path if we are all walking it anyway.

Does anyone have interest?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I am on the weight gain list. However i am only getting more ripped not gaining more weight, LOL. For anyone that wants to do something, try p90x, crossfit, or a similar program that will force you to renovate your lifestyle and stick with it. You will no doubt see results!

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I'll do it. I need to lose about 20 pounds.

Count me in. :banana:

D

DeletedUser394

I am on the weight gain list. However i am only getting more ripped not gaining more weight, LOL. For anyone that wants to do something, try p90x, crossfit, or a similar program that will force you to renovate your lifestyle and stick with it. You will no doubt see results!

36pounds.com is Gymjunkies website. There's some great information there on gaining weight.

I'm in the same boat, need to gain weight. :groove:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
36pounds.com is Gymjunkies website. There's some great information there on gaining weight.

I'm in the same boat, need to gain weight. :groove:

Yeah I have read lots of materials on it, the problem is i still have to have an appetite to eat more kcals than i am burning each day. So my training is going great and recovery time is quick. I am turning any fat i had into muscle and cutting hard just not gaining any massive size. Really it should be eat/lift/sleep but i can't curb my active lifestyle either just to stop burning kcals. So my version of weight gain will take longer than average because im not packing fat on im putting on muscle weight which is much slower to achieve.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Yeah I have read lots of materials on it, the problem is i still have to have an appetite to eat more kcals than i am burning each day. So my training is going great and recovery time is quick. I am turning any fat i had into muscle and cutting hard just not gaining any massive size. Really it should be eat/lift/sleep but i can't curb my active lifestyle either just to stop burning kcals. So my version of weight gain will take longer than average because im not packing fat on im putting on muscle weight which is much slower to achieve.

I have the same problem. I really only gained weight when I started eating 6 solid meals a day. I would even wake up just to eat and then go back to sleep on weekends.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
let's do it, i weigh around 217lbs and want to drop to 185lbs. :)

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
let's do it, i weigh around 217lbs and want to drop to 185lbs. :)
Awesome. I am roughly the same...

I remember when I hit 200. I freaked out and lost 35lbs in about 3 months. Now I am 215ish maybe... I would like to get to 175lbs. That's about 40lbs.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I have the same problem. I really only gained weight when I started eating 6 solid meals a day. I would even wake up just to eat and then go back to sleep on weekends.

Yeah i just can't seem to do this, i don't like sleeping in either. Its like 8 hours then im up. My body doesnt get the extra downtime to slow my metabolisim. And i just can't muster that much food everyday either, for now i am slowly gaining through weifght training, if i want to see any huge gains I will have to figure out how to get that food down. I am at 155ish right now.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
ATTENTION SKINNY PEOPLE:

stop hijacking the fat mans thread. Fat people get angry too, we are not all like santa. Do you really want to anger the fat man? Look at the size of my head- :great: and now look at the size of your head- :blush:. Clearly I could squash you with my mass. If you keep pushing it, we may do this to you- :3some:, and that is just gross. My pledge to try not to hate you can be revoked at any time.

Skinny people tip- come live with me for one month and live my lifestyle. 10 pounds gained- easy.

For those who do not get humor, I am kidding. Hijack away. Since there seems to be an interest, I will start the accounatbility thread tomorrow.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
ATTENTION SKINNY PEOPLE:

stop hijacking the fat mans thread. Fat people get angry too, we are not all like santa. Do you really want to anger the fat man? Look at the size of my head- :great: and now look at the size of your head- :blush:. Clearly I could squash you with my mass. If you keep pushing it, we may do this to you- :3some:, and that is just gross. My pledge to try not to hate you can be revoked at any time.

Skinny people tip- come live with me for one month and live my lifestyle. 10 pounds gained- easy.

For those who do not get humor, I am kidding. Hijack away. Since there seems to be an interest, I will start the accounatbility thread tomorrow.

Comeon now! haha

The biggest tip i can give anyone going either way on the scale, its a lifestyle change, once you get it and stick to it it gets easy. To me it's the same as business, be the best and push yourself safely, meet your fitness goals the same way you do your business.

On the food side, think if you had an e-commerce business, products feed revenue, just like food is what feeds your body. you wouldn't buy crappy products if you wanted to excel and make money, same deal as not putting crappy food in your body expecting good results on your fitness goals.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
On the food side, think if you had an e-commerce business, products feed revenue, just like food is what feeds your body. you wouldn't buy crappy products if you wanted to excel and make money, same deal as not putting crappy food in your body expecting good results on your fitness goals.

clearly, but the crappy food tastes sooooo good.

Kinsey6287

Blazin Fast!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2009
Kurtyordy:
I didn't want to mess up your "Fastlane Fatty Forum" so I figured I would post this here. To get technical and see better results you should also post up height and body fat percentages. As you work out you will lose weight and burn fat, however eventually you will continue to burn fat but gain weight. As muscle weighs more than fat, eventually as you build the muscle your weight will go up. A lot of people mistake this as gaining bad weight, when in actuality its good weight. I have a very good Table that you could use to easily figure out your Body Fat percentage if you would like. It only uses two measurements, one around the neck and the other around the waist. This is not the most accurate way to find BF%, but it is the easiest and gives you ballpark numbers. If your interested I can email it to you, or post it on the thread as an attachment so everyone involved has access to it. It is also the same thing we do for the entire Marine Corps to determine body fat percentages. Just let me know!

Semper Fidelis

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
OK, I am in for losing... again. 40 pounds minimum to loose. I am NOT really keen on posting my weight though, (yes, I am a woman). Maybe I will just lurk, hehehe.

Jbellefeuille

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Sep 10, 2007
San Francisco
I am currently about 275 lbs. I am a giant don't worry this isn't too bad.
I would like to be about 215-230 lbs. Although at 220 lbs I look anorexic.

Can we post pictures? Before and after?

Thanks guys! Lets keep the momentum moving.:fastlane:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

I am curious now. Please post your lifestyle. I always say that if you would come live one month with me, you would lose 20 lbs. You would have to go out whenever I did and eat only when I eat and eat only the same foods that I eat.

RealOG

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 20, 2007
Austin, Texas, United States
With all the boxing I have been doing, my wife has complained that I am half the man I used to be (I was a competitive bodybuilder when we met). We agreed that she wanted to get crazy lean and I would bulk up to 235#. I'm 5'8" so that is going to be a big ol' RealOG. Will probably be halfway there by B&P, you might not recognize me...

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I'm game. Current weight 187 pounds. Goal weight 145 lbs. 42 lbs to lose. I also will plan on running in the Bolder Boulder 10k on memorial day with my bother-in-law. I will begin training today.

Plan: Continue running 4 days per week. Average run 3 miles. I will set monthly goals for total miles run.

Jan. run goal. 45 miles.

I'm also learning how to watch my intake. I can't give a legitimate goal there until I know how to formulate one for eating right. The plan now is to have that goal within 2 weeks on Jan. 15th.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Okay, I'm in... though I can't participate fully because I don't own a scale and don't really have access to one regularly.

I'll guage my progress according to following a training schedule for a half marathon. I had planned to run one last year but had an accident and fractured my ankle. Though the doc gave me clearance to get back to running a couple of months ago, I've been procrastinating..... fear?

Anyway, I will procrastinate no longer.... I'm putting the running shoes back on. ;) Thanks for the thread and everyone that is participating. Should be fun!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I'm game. Current weight 187 pounds. Goal weight 145 lbs. 42 lbs to lose. I also will plan on running in the Bolder Boulder 10k on memorial day with my bother-in-law. I will begin training today.

Plan: Continue running 4 days per week. Average run 3 miles. I will set monthly goals for total miles run.

Jan. run goal. 45 miles.

I'm also learning how to watch my intake. I can't give a legitimate goal there until I know how to formulate one for eating right. The plan now is to have that goal within 2 weeks on Jan. 15th.

How tall are you? 145lbs is pretty light, that is what i was at and needed to gain weight to fill out. Now i am adding muscle weight on. I am 5'10" and trying to get to something like 165/75 ish of muscle completely lean with a 8-10% +/- BF.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
How tall are you? 145lbs is pretty light, that is what i was at and needed to gain weight to fill out. Now i am adding muscle weight on. I am 5'10" and trying to get to something like 165/75 ish of muscle completely lean with a 8-10% +/- BF.

5'4" Thats fairly reasonable for my height. Thats what I was when I got out of boot camp.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
I'm 5-11 and I got down to 140# during one weight-loss challenge in my 20's. Too skinny!

Now my 5-11 is more like 511#.

Time for the scales...be back soon!

Ack! 224.5#, fully dressed, after dinner.

I know I'm more like 218# in the AM, so I'll have to check it out tomorrow.

My goal would be to hit 185#. Actually, I hit it every time I step on the scale, so I guess my real goal is to stop at 185#.

While I'd love to run a 10K, I'm so out of shape that I'd be sucking in loose pavement and stray pets while I ran.

I've ordered the replacement part for my treadmill, and once it comes, I'll get back to walking and running -- this time for 3 miles/day.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
I am curious now. Please post your lifestyle. I always say that if you would come live one month with me, you would lose 20 lbs. You would have to go out whenever I did and eat only when I eat and eat only the same foods that I eat.

Oh, I totally agree. The beauty of my situation is that I know it is totally lifestyle driven, the key is the will power to adjust the lifestyle. Once again, it comes back to execution. The ideo (losing weight) is simple. The money or weightloss is in the execution.

BTW- the thread for the progress is here http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/off-topic-discussion/24377-fastlane-fatty-forum.html

This one has a lot of rabbit trails and skinny people on it.

For the woman folk who are sensitive about posting their weight, you can just put your weight goal, broken down to weeks, and then keep us updated each week on your progress towards it.

MonTexan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Kurt - from what I've gathered, you sir, can impose some serious self discipline. Folks, I wouldn't mess with this guy in a diet contest! What will be your preferred method of shedding the weight? Round two of the dollar-a-day diet? Or did you have any takers on the all-honey diet??

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.