The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Alone vs. Slowlane With Others

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

AlexanderKC

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 4, 2011
Berlin, Germany
After reading MJ's book like 4 times I spent the last couple of months pondering, scheming, and wondering about which Fastlane business I wanted to pursue...problem is that I am 31 and supporting a child and a lifestyle I created for myself that requires steady income (rent, car note, monthly bills, etc etc), so I can't just devote all my time to some pursuit which may or may not work out...since I am pretty internet savvy having been online since the early 90's I am gravitating toward outsourced app development or an online business. Yet both of these would require me to spend most of my time alone in front of my computer with just my cats to keep me company :)

Since I am a people person I have also been contemplating the Fastlaneableness of my "day job," which is running my family photo studio "empire" with my brother, my dad, my step-mom, my uncle, and one of their business associates. We have three business in Berlin and one in Hamburg (in Berlin a "family portrait studio", a lab, and a photo studio called BEAUTYSHOTS which is more focused on beauty, fashion, and boudoir photography, and then another branch of BEAUTYSHOTS in Hamburg. Basically my brother (3 years older) and I are the new generation and have been given more or less complete control of the business in Hamburg (we all live in Berlin by the way) and so we have being going out to Hamburg once a week trying to develop the business into a more or less self-sustaining entity so we can slowly focus on expanding the company as a whole and setting up new photo studios in other cities.

Now I understand the Fastlane philosophy of work hard, make millions, cash out, and live free, but I am the kind of guy that needs to be doing something or I will wither and die. And after I spend millions on a yacht and travel the world, I will need some responsibility and some sort of activity which is more than just a hobby. See, I like making money just for the fun of making money and doing business. So part of me thinks I should stick with the family business and try to expand and everything, although working with a partner (my bro) and especially with the rest of the family and the small amount of money we are dealing with here (each business generates sales of around 40-50 thousand euros a month) are all things making me wonder if I shouldn't focus on getting my app taken care of :)

I'm just confused and not sure which direction I should devote 100% of my energy to...any ideas/comments?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fukrs

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 8, 2013
If you are in your Hamburg biz visiting give me a call so we can have lunch together and talk about fastlane ideas

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
If you can provide statistics to other business people you could franchise them off for cash+royalty fee. That way you make money for doing nothing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.