The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fast slowlaner

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Tydaljames

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 5, 2019
Growing up, I was always good with money, or so I thought. As a kid, I saved my money from christmas, gave out loans to other kids, and bought and sold my own chocolate for the school fundraiser. I've always had that entrepreneurial spirit.

Compared to my friends and family, I was a financial genius. I saved 70% of my paycheck, invested in index funds, and eventually ended up where I am now, with $200k at 27.

Now, 200k isn't a bad number, and I'm very proud of it, but I realized that I can do better. An entrepreneur that I know reccommended the book and it opened my eyes to what is possible. Now, I'm a fast slowlaner looking to join the fastlane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Good for you! I've known a few people like you who understood at a young age to make their money really work for them instead of new things. You are going to do fine.

Matt Hunt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 9, 2019
Kudos to you for saving 70% of your income! You've already got a mindset that most people don't have. And at $200k in net worth at 27, you're light years ahead of most of your peers.

I suggest looking into real estate investing over index funds. I say this with experience. I'm invested in an apartment complex right now where my investment will double when we sell at just 2 years since we closed. Your $200k could be $400k in 2021!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
welcome @Tydaljames ! nice work!

check out MONEY Master the Game by T. Robbins ..... it is long winded and says in 300 words what you could say in 15, however ..... the discussion of spreading your risk and having multiple investment channels while cutting costs in the ones most people use is worthwhile ....... there are some nuggets of wisdom in the fluff

a thought .... everyone is going to run at you with ideas ..... determining your own goals / risk factors / desired returns is key .... generally, no two people will be the same

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
and eventually ended up where I am now, with $200k at 27.

Impressive, congrats.

You have the basic skills for money accumulation... now just imagine earning $50K/month instead of $50K a year. We aim for that here, and much higher than that. The game is won on offense (income) and preserved on defense (savings/expense discipline.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...