The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FANG Software Engineer to Fastlane

creddit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Sep 29, 2018
Hi all,

Firstly I just wanted to express my excitement to join this forum and interact with like-minded people looking to leave the rat race.

Heres a quick summary about my current slowlane life:
  • 30 years old, living in Canada.
  • Switched out of a computer science degree after 2 years, but finished a tech related degree at another medium-rank university.
  • Through persistence and hunger for knowledge, got hired at a FANG company as a Software Engineer where I have flourished and on track for more promotions.
  • Maxed registered investment accounts (all ETFS globally distributed).
  • Strong desire to retire early and pursue Financial Independence with a passive income flow.
  • High salary for my age (~200k) but sick and tired of the corporate rat race.
I realize that I may be in a slightly different position that most. I have a high paying job with a trajectory to be making over 300k/yr in the next few years. By most classical definitions, I'm "living the dream". But honestly, I'm not. I love my job and the problems I solve but absolutely hate the corporate lifestyle. Specifically:
  • I'm sick of waking up every day at 6am, commuting 1.5 hours each way to work in order to fatten the pocketbook of my company's CEO.
  • I'm sick of trading 5 weekdays for 2 weekends where I can finally "relax" and "live life".
  • I'm sick of the corporate bullshit of my job that gets filled with politics and ownership instead of actual problem solving.
  • I'm sick of relying on ETFs to build my wealth.
  • I'm sick of being a cog in another person's machine.
I picked up The Millionaire Fastlane a few weeks ago and read the entire thing in about 3 days. I was absolutely hooked and couldn't put it down. There were so many elements of the book that just "made sense" and reverberated an inner feeling that I've been experiencing throughout my life: there has to be a better way.

At some point while reading the book, something just "clicked". I felt like I instantly came to this self realization that there is something seriously wrong with the way we live our lives. The book became like heroine for me. I couldn't put it down and blasted through and already placed an order on Amazon for Unscripted . I've started consuming this forum, books, articles, and videos like a thirsty camel hungry for knowledge.

I feel empowered and determined. I've become obsessed with this path and I'm thirsty for success. I would like to personally thank @MJ DeMarco (not sure if you read this stuff) for writing such an incredible book and creating this forum. You've truly changed my life and I can't thank you enough for it.

That being said, I'm extremely excited to begin my entrepreneurial journey with all of you. Thank you for being a contributor to this forum and sharing your success, failures, and journeys.

I look forward to learning from and contributing to this community of like minded individuals.

-D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mugatti

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 6, 2018
Welcome to the forum!

I'm in a very similar boat! Looking forward to see how your journey shapes up.

maqil

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 30, 2018
I'm also on a similar wave like both of you! I have already started the journey and I'm sure fruits are already here :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
At some point while reading the book, something just "clicked". I felt like I instantly came to this self realization that there is something seriously wrong with the way we live our lives. The book became like heroine for me. I couldn't put it down and blasted through and already placed an order on Amazon for Unscripted .

Wow, it sounds like you're describing Unscripted , not TMF . You will enjoy Unscripted !

as a Software Engineer

Great skill to have to pursue Fastlane objectives.

Welcome aboard my friend!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

Welcome! I am currently learning front end stuff, with long-term aspirations to do what you do. Best of luck on your new journey!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...