The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fallen trader looking for redemption

Songok

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 13, 2018
Hello there!

For starters maybe a little bit about my background. My name is Christopher and Im from Gdansk (Poland). I'm 29, currently working as a trader in a energy firm. I have masters degree from Gdansk University of Technology in Information technology and econometrics.

At the time I started my studies I also started to trade stock exchange and forex. I have spent countless hours on reading, learning, testing, trading, failing to profit in trading bussiness on my own. I started my first job at production firm with mostly data processing and analysis work, which didnt paid very well but I got some experience and occasional bonus which was nice. Then I switched to almost my "dream job" as a trader for an energy firm. Im currently there for almost 2 years now and not doing very well, the job comes with some weekend works, a lot of stress and some attributes which are not very good for me (like daily meetings). As it pays pretty well for me(Im making more then anyone in my family) but still it is under market rate for this kind of job knowledge etc. Nevertheless with all my experience Im not doing very well, I think my psychology is not made for this kind of job. With all this time studying the markets, trends, history, fortunes made and lost I thought i cracked the code for wealth - save, invest, compound interes and boom Your wealthy and free...

Of course we all know that this is the slowlane. I have a wife and small child (1 year old), I'm right now saving a bit less then 50% of my salary (which is for most people eye boggling figure) and with our current standard of living (which is pretty comfortable, night out once per month, some inexpensive vacation once per year etc.) with my savings we should be provided for more then a year. When I didnt get promotion at my job i started thinking, even if I would get it and boost my income and even if half of my savings would triple (Im a bit risk averse with this money, but Im very convinced about the commodities rise in the coming years). I would still need like at least 8 years to buy a flat to rent and earn some passive income (without mortgage), it really struck me like lightning then that it is not the way.

Then i stumbled on the fastlane millionaire, and it was clarifying what i have thought. It opened my eyes and I think it is one of the best books about bussiness ever written. So I joined the community here a couple days ago and started reading, all You guys make it look so easy to make money.

For now I have some mental blockage because Im always thinking - it cant be that easy, why everyone isnt doing this? etc. but Im working on it. So to get started I want to start with doing some freelance work on sites like freelancer, fiverr etc. to acquire some capital for the next ventures and see what's possible in the internet (income of 1-2k $ / month would be big enough for me) and maybe some "hustling" on local site's like craigslist.

Please feel free to comment, critique or just say hi in the thread :)

Edit:
a bit of formatting

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is there anyone in your firm killing it? I would thing energy training at a top firm would be a great job with big income potential.

Clearing $1M in salary + commission is the same as $1M in profit as an entrepreneur.

AllanB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Mar 28, 2018
France
Is there anyone in your firm killing it? I would thing energy training at a top firm would be a great job with big income potential.

Correct me if you think I am wrong @Songok.
In Europe, we do not recruit a trader even if he is excellent if he does not have the right diploma. It does not pay well regardless of the performance (except in London). Be trader in Poland is an absolute dead-end job.

To make 1 million in Europe, I think that the entrepreneurship way is really more accessible than working in a big firm with this profile.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Songok

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 13, 2018
Correct me if you think I am wrong @Songok.
In Europe, we do not recruit a trader even if he is excellent if he does not have the right diploma. It does not pay well regardless of the performance (except in London). Be trader in Poland is an absolute dead-end job.

To make 1 million in Europe, I think that the entrepreneurship way is really more accessible than working in a big firm with this profile.

You are mostly right, diploma is not necessary but the salary is not that good. Poland is really behind EU on the salaries, and from what I know our company is below market even for our country. Additionally from what i heard in the industry after 2008 salaries and bonuses were cut by a lot.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...