The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook and YouTube advertisting

Marketing, social media, advertising

jcpoolgod

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 10, 2013
Hey everyone. I haven't been here for a while. But I've been looking into some advertising avenues. And was wondering how much it costs to have a Facebook page. I went to MJs and TMF . Is there a cost to visit those pages to the owner? I'm confused how it works.

I was reading TMF again. and getting more motivated. I read the part about business plans being worthless. I actually made one a while back. It was the first one I ever did so it wasn't that great. But the point is. Its worthless! Unless I act on it.

So now I'm getting more excited about taking some damn action. I now have 10grand saved up and am ready to start making moves towards my business idea. I hope to gain "speed" on here and make some friends with you guys:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
It's free to create a youtube/facebook account and fan pages etc.

The cost to advertise depends on who you are targeting and how many other advertisers are bidding for the same traffic.

www.facebook.com/ads

www.youtube.com/yt/advertise

(youtube ads are served through google adwords) - I'd suggest you start with just one platform and you learn that one inside out before you moving on to the next one. FB is pretty easy to work with and will probably convert better than video ads and ads on youtube.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Last edited by a moderator:

jcpoolgod

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Feb 10, 2013
One other question. I am thinking about and looking into AdSense... I have never made a website or anything like that before. But my question is. Should I build my site with AdSense at the beginning. And build traffic. Or should I omit AdSense and put it on after I've established traffic?

helmguy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Sep 17, 2013
I'd say build the site and concentrate on traffic first.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Hey jcpoolgod...I'll be following. My site is nearly complete and I'll be advertising on FB as that is where my market is.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
FB & YT have so many fishies in the pond. Go to the new pond with no fishies yet and get more $ for less $, when you are able to advertise there.

I am going to disagree with you on this one. FB is not a pond...its an OCEAN with lots of room for a lot of fish.

Facebook has the volume of traffic that you want if you are planning on scaling your offer. Despite there are a lot of advertisers on it, there is room for more. Paid advertising on Facebook (or any other traffic source) is a learning process where you won't be profitable right away, but if your audience hangs out there and if there is volume - you would want to be there.

This is not to say other advertising sources won't work and wont make you profitable, but don't rule out the ones with the best potential to scale.
Word of advice - You will see results a lot quicker if you pick ONE traffic source and stick with it until you have it down as opposed to trying to do everything at once.

Jun 22, 2012
You can use on Facebook and youtube without and charges and also create your pages for free and its easy and user friendly. Facebook ad costs are pretty reasonable which allows companies of just about any size or budget to test them out. Facebook publishes a pretty thorough Guide to Facebook Adsand their Help Center answers most questions you might have. Ads appear on the right side of the page.
On other hand with YouTube you can promote your own video or advertise next to others’ videos. Direct advertising on YouTube is pretty spendy, but you can also advertise on YouTube using Google AdWords.
LinkedIn launched its own self-service ad network a few years ago, called Direct Ads. There are also options for Display Ads and Sponsorship. Get the FAQ on Direct Ads to understand how it works as well as the Best Practices. For beginners, there’s a step by step list of instructions on creating a Directed here

royalasg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 21, 2013
Bangladesh
It's free to create a youtube/facebook account and fan pages etc.

The cost to advertise depends on who you are targeting and how many other advertisers are bidding for the same traffic.

www.facebook.com/ads

www.youtube.com/yt/advertise

(youtube ads are served through google adwords) - I'd suggest you start with just one platform and you learn that one inside out before you moving on to the next one. FB is pretty easy to work with and will probably convert better than video ads and ads on youtube.

I think this answer is enough.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.