• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Exiting the Elite Sporting Slowlane

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by TJL95, Mar 7, 2019.

1. TJL95

TJL95 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $11
    Hi everyone,

My name's Tom, 23 years old and have spent the last 3 years working in the elite sporting industry. I live in Sydney, Australia.

I studied for 5 years, including a Masters degree (and a 100k student loan) to become a strength and conditioning coach. After interning for two years I finally landed a role, with an awful salary.

After reading TMF, as well as learning from experience, I've figured that the elite sporting industry is possibly one of the slowest lanes you can work in. Not only this but it has killed my love for the sport, just like MJ said it would in Chapter 30 where he discusses the commandment of need.

I know that elite sport won't get me the Fastlane lifestyle that I desire, so I am now pursuing other paths.

A few months ago I started writing two separate blogs; one with a focus on working in elite sport. The other focusing on dating (daygame and pick-up).

Last month I began to work on two 10-module courses, each with the intention of
    a: helping people get jobs in the competitive and cut-throat elite sporting industry
    b: assist other men in improving their dating lives with women.

I have already produced a free 20 page E-book for my dating blog, where I am also planning to do some 1-1 coaching.

Finally, I have taken it upon myself to learn web design, specifically WordPress, so I can design my own websites and potentially sell this skill to produce other business owners websites.

I'm looking forward to seeing what I can learn and take away from others in this forum.
    Cheers :thumbsup:

hustlebear and Roli like this.
  2. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $27,023
    Welcome Tom,

My son is a body builder and qualified personal trainer. It is very hard to make decent money in that field also. These days it seems the world is awash with coaches and personal trainers.

Regarding building and selling web sites check out Fox's thread here:

WEB SCHOOL - Fox's 2019 Make $100k Starting Web Design from Scratch Challenge

404profound likes this.
  3. TJL95

TJL95 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $11
    Thanks Razor,

It seems the wiser way to make money in this industry would be to educate others, essentially selling the notion of the dream job to recently graduated students.

Full-time jobs are hard to come by in elite sport, so I believe that educating these students on the practicalities of the industry (basically what they don't teach in uni) could be a good USP.

4. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,682
    This is off-topic. What's the best way to getting strong as fast as possible in the big 5(Bench, Shoulder Press, Deadlift, Squat, etc)?

Roli likes this.
  5. Roli

Roli Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,567
    By concentrating on form over numbers (dial back weight, increase technique) and by subscribing to this guy.

The Abundant Man likes this.
  6. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,682
    Of course, Jeff Cavalier

Roli likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.