A year ago, I dropped out of Carnegie Mellon to teach myself web development. I taught myself some stuff, but now I realize that I cannot go about it alone. My dream was to create a social media app that connects not only acquaintances together, but complete strangers. I am a greedy guy. I want to get to know cool people because I am so damn lonely. Literally have no friends because I deleted my own Facebook to focus on myself.
Now, I realize that Facebook has built an amazing app. I want to help the company to continue to grow. I have only the most honest and pure intentions. I do not want to get a high salary. I just want to be a part of something bigger than myself and contribute in any way I can.
So my fellow forum members. (I actually know most of you, but decided to make a new account with my nickname) Can you guide me into getting an internship at one of the most prestigious companies in the whole world. I am still young, 21 years old, so I am not too anxious to cut off the slow lane yet. I have amazing ideas on how to make Facebook a better company and I believe in the investments that Facebook has made like oculus and Instagram. Facebook has built an empire that will last and I simply want to help it become a better company. I will make sure that Facebook stays pure.
My plan is to send emails to all the recruiters first. I write my emails in the most pure way, no guise at all. I want to start from the bottom at Facebook and work myself up. I have some measly web development skills, but my greatest skill is in communication. See I am so lonely that I love writing emails and talking with people. If given the chance, I would work in customer service first and then transition to a job with greater responsibility. Who else should I cold email? I do not want to apply anywhere else. Google, Amazon and other companies do not share my vision, so I would feel out of place there.
In this time, companies lack loyalty. With me they would be getting just that because I believe in Facebook's vision to connect family and friends together. I get that some of you are hesitant to use the app because of privacy violations, but I must counter with all the good and convenience that Facebook has provided. Deleting Facebook made me realize how much I took it for granted. So I want to work for Facebook and make it even better. Facebook started with a great idea, but now it needs new ones. I want to help make them happen.
PS. I reenrolled in a college recently, so don't worry. I am no longer a drop out. I'll graduate by the time I am 23 or 24.
Now, I realize that Facebook has built an amazing app. I want to help the company to continue to grow. I have only the most honest and pure intentions. I do not want to get a high salary. I just want to be a part of something bigger than myself and contribute in any way I can.
So my fellow forum members. (I actually know most of you, but decided to make a new account with my nickname) Can you guide me into getting an internship at one of the most prestigious companies in the whole world. I am still young, 21 years old, so I am not too anxious to cut off the slow lane yet. I have amazing ideas on how to make Facebook a better company and I believe in the investments that Facebook has made like oculus and Instagram. Facebook has built an empire that will last and I simply want to help it become a better company. I will make sure that Facebook stays pure.
My plan is to send emails to all the recruiters first. I write my emails in the most pure way, no guise at all. I want to start from the bottom at Facebook and work myself up. I have some measly web development skills, but my greatest skill is in communication. See I am so lonely that I love writing emails and talking with people. If given the chance, I would work in customer service first and then transition to a job with greater responsibility. Who else should I cold email? I do not want to apply anywhere else. Google, Amazon and other companies do not share my vision, so I would feel out of place there.
In this time, companies lack loyalty. With me they would be getting just that because I believe in Facebook's vision to connect family and friends together. I get that some of you are hesitant to use the app because of privacy violations, but I must counter with all the good and convenience that Facebook has provided. Deleting Facebook made me realize how much I took it for granted. So I want to work for Facebook and make it even better. Facebook started with a great idea, but now it needs new ones. I want to help make them happen.
PS. I reenrolled in a college recently, so don't worry. I am no longer a drop out. I'll graduate by the time I am 23 or 24.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
