The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Essential supplements: Which ones do you take?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
1997 called and it wants its website back! Holy shit, talk about something so outdated and haphazard that it ruins whatever credibility this doctor might have.
Wow hahahahaha!!! As soon as that loaded on my page I was transported back over 20 years ago when I was in "computer lab" in school haha. It is like a time machine. I am blown away something like that still exists.

I remember when I was like 14 I made a 100% HTML website for class and I did it on Rammstein. Good times. I still remember trying to "stream" the trailer for Star Wars Episode 1 and it would literally take the entire period and we were lucky if it would load by the end.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
1997 called and it wants its website back! Holy shit, talk about something so outdated and haphazard that it ruins whatever credibility this doctor might have.
I agree that the site is rather like an antique, but if a person is willing to work hard at using it, they can find a lot of valuable information.

My thread on self-medication is easier to read:

Walter Hay’s “QuackRemedies

Walter

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I agree that the site is rather like an antique, but if a person is willing to work hard at using it, they can find a lot of valuable information.

My thread on self-medication is easier to read:

Walter Hay’s “QuackRemedies

Walter
I thought that an authorative site dealing with Orthomolecular Medicine might clear the fog a little, so interested members might like to see this article published by the National Library of Medicine:

Orthomolecular medicine: the therapeutic use of dietary supplements for anti-aging

Walter

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
80% of health outcomes will come from diet and exercise. You can't use supplements to counteract a bad diet that causes you inflammation.

Once the diet is on point, one of the best stacks of supplements is:
  • Vitamin D3
  • Vitamin K2
  • Magnesium (only bioavailable types, not oxide)
  • Omega-3 fatty acids, preferably from food sources to avoid the risk of oxidation

All bodily functions will be improved by this stack, but especially the cardiovascular system, where it works synergistically.
The Omega-3 reduces inflammation, magnesium relaxes the blood vessels and lowers blood pressure, vitamin K2 removes calcium from arteries and soft tissues, and vitamin D shoves that calcium back into the bones.

In addition to this stack, I am currently taking a bunch of herbs to lower inflammation. The most potent one being turmeric (with black pepper for better absorption).

But as I've said in the beginning, the overall diet and exercise protocol will generate the bulk of the results. That's what needs to be addressed first, before beginning any supplementation.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm sure that such a natural treatment should be less harmful than chemical drugs.

I would avoid any Pharmaceuticals for mental health problems. It can make you worse, make you more disinhibited and even suicidal.

Lifestyle changes like diet, exercise and things like journaling or meditating would be the way to go.

Supplements like omegas, GABA and probiotics would be helpful. Also getting your hormones checked.

But the person has to do everything right. You have to stop doing anything that harms you and start doing anything that’s good for you.

pohinjap

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 12, 2023
There is super food called cryptomonadales.

Attachments

• 3658653967_7d894c66a7_h.jpg
    3658653967_7d894c66a7_h.jpg
    672.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
80% of health outcomes will come from diet and exercise. You can't use supplements to counteract a bad diet that causes you inflammation.

Once the diet is on point, one of the best stacks of supplements is:
  • Vitamin D3
  • Vitamin K2
  • Magnesium (only bioavailable types, not oxide)
  • Omega-3 fatty acids, preferably from food sources to avoid the risk of oxidation

All bodily functions will be improved by this stack, but especially the cardiovascular system, where it works synergistically.
The Omega-3 reduces inflammation, magnesium relaxes the blood vessels and lowers blood pressure, vitamin K2 removes calcium from arteries and soft tissues, and vitamin D shoves that calcium back into the bones.

In addition to this stack, I am currently taking a bunch of herbs to lower inflammation. The most potent one being turmeric (with black pepper for better absorption).

But as I've said in the beginning, the overall diet and exercise protocol will generate the bulk of the results. That's what needs to be addressed first, before beginning any supplementation.

What diet do you recommend?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
What diet do you recommend?
I don't recommend any diet in particular, as I believe this is a choice each individual has to make for themselves.

The only thing I would say is figure out which foods are causing you harm and remove them from your diet. Sugar and inflammatory seed oils are the first ones that should be removed, since they cause harm in all humans.

I feel great when following a ketogenic approach, with time restricted eating and prolonged fasting (1-2 days).

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
All this supplement mention in this thread are good, the basics: D3 + K2, zinc + copper, 400mg magnesium bisglycinate before bedtimes to help with sleep.

I also recently start to take Catalase for hair health renewal + Superoxide dismutase as an agent for absorption.

If you are super health nut crazy then I recommend you buy loose leaves and steep your own Gynostemma (aka Jiaogulan) tea, it has a perfect combination of 2 of the most potent anti oxidants that work in conjunction with one another, 1) superoxide dismutase and 2) glutathione, in chinese medicine it is called the tea of immortality, i also belive it has something like 50x more ginsenosides compared to ginseng as well. It is also delicious and I feel it is energizing while also calming.

Another personal essential supplement for me which has been very good for boosting my energy levels is a super smoothie I came up with myself it is just 3 ingredients, kefir yoghurt which is the most potent probiotic available, frozen wild blueberries which are several times more nutritious than cultivated blueberries, and blackstrap molasses which has a lot of good trace mineral like iron, calcium, phosphorous etc. It is very delicious and can be made in 2 minutes in a ninja bullet blender, I take it every night.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Here's most of what I take:
  • Creatine: helps increase muscle strength and size, and improve exercise performance.
  • Fish oil: contains omega-3 fatty acids to try and improve heart health, brain function, and joint mobility.
  • D3 & K2: supposed to help with bone health, immune function, and cardiovascular health.
  • Vitamin C with D3 & Zinc: helps support immune function and antioxidant defense.
  • Zenwise "a branded product" (digestive enzymes, pre + probiotics): aids in digestion and can improve gut health. I usually take it before a meal and I typically won't have an upset stomach after eating.
  • Electrolyte packets: help replenish electrolytes lost during exercise or dehydration. I have a 30-day box of packets, I mix a powder packet with 16oz of water every morning.
Recently purchased a vitamin/supplement pill organizer for the 7 days of the week. AM/PM. Has made my life much easier by allowing me to plan ahead for the week and I no longer have to think about whether or not I already took my vitamins. I usually refill the next day, for example, if it's Monday, I'll refill Monday's AM & PM on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.