• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! Eric from Erics Cheesecakes

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by Ericito, Jul 22, 2017.

1. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,863
    Agreed.
    In a way though, it reminds me of Dan Pena...

I watched one of his recent opening videos for his seminars.

He told his students that in the 90s, he would actually BEAT his mentees who screwed up, and lock them up in his castle (yes, he lives in a castle)

The result?
    Many of his best-performing students actually were from the 90s.

That's why I don't tell my parents I'm working late nights, even though I 'don't have to'.

I just realised that, when I drew my Upwork earnings some months ago...

I was earning minimum wage back then on Upwork.

Something hit my mind, 'What kind of Fastlaner doesn't earn on his own?'

I was like a student that didn't learn, or a car that didn't move.

Really made me ashamed of myself.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  2. Bekit

Bekit Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,855
    I am practically hyperventilating at how AMAZING this document is, and I'm only halfway through. I feel like sprinting. This is so good!

Thank you @Roz for the post and @LibertyForMe for the original share.

If this is not enough to open up your eyes to a new way of seeing, I don't know what would be.

Whoa.

Whoa.

Whoa.

I've been following Jay Abraham for a long time, but I had never seen this document. Seriously amazing.

=========
    Edit: After finishing the doc...
    Oh my word.

The macadamia nut cookie story!
    The Porsche story!
    The motorcycle parts company story!
    Allllll the out-of-the-box arbitrage stories!
    The Icy Hot story!

The number of creative solutions and out-of-the-box thinking in here are so many and so varied, it's really not a stretch to compare it to the difference between something linear and something 3D.

This was more value packed into 95 pages (for free) than almost anything I've ever read.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    Roz, Xeon, BlackMagician and 2 others like this.
  3. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,156
    I'll have to have another go at it. WAY too much hyperbole for me. I wouldn't be all gushing at what I've read so far.

If that impressed you - then you have to take it up a few notches. But, that's another point...

(Hate that writing style, as I'm sure you see by now! It's the Guru dance - talk a lot but say nothing. Mic drop. Ain't nobody got time for dat.)

ClaverCasley and Xeon like this.
  4. Everyman

Everyman Get To The Choppa! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $725
    @Ravens_Shadow

Hey Man if you don't mind I will use your comments as an example - nothing personal. It fits well here and confuses me what is 'real' and what is 'not real'.

Over the last months I have noticed there is a thin line between building our own ego (on someone else's expense) and helping that person... and it is sometimes the same... It's difficult to say on the internet without body language and a real person talking.

If a person acts defensively, says you 'attacked' him, then in his mind it is true and nothing you can do or say will change it. You can only ACKNOWLEDGE it. The first thing we can do to release 'the tension'. To actually prove that we are smarter, and want to help. This is also more or less same to 'putting ourselves into this person's shoes'.

What might this person feel or have been through that makes him act like this (or that)? "I know that I know nothing". Maybe he doesn't have a leg, a middle finger, an eye... he is sick... has other obligations...

Maybe the people don't give him what he needs? Have you thought about this? Anyone? Seems like banging your head on the wall, doing the same thing and expecting different results... And the results have been the same for the past months?

Everyone needs tailored advice. What has worked for you, might not work for someone else. Tailored advice is selling 101 with 'high ticket' items (I am only guessing?)? When our ego and balls are on the line, it makes this the highest ticket item everyone can have...

Maybe he needs something else than a business plan and '3 simple steps'. Something beside his actual business... Just thinking really loud...

ZF Lee likes this.
  5. Ravens_Shadow

Ravens_Shadow one foot in front of the other Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $19,901
    I know Eric personally and have met him a few times because of the forum. Its a mindset issue for him, not an ego building exercise for me. He has a family and obligations that stem from having one. He works a day job and hustles his cheesecakes on the side. He just doesn't see that it is possible to scale his baking business the way we tell him to. He wants to scale but can't see past his own mental blocks to get it done, and that's okay.

At first when you start some big project that seems impossible. It pretty much is impossible with what you know at that time. By just starting and taking the leap to get that big project done, the impossible becomes possible by growing as a person and learning what you need to know on the fly.

It is an insurmountable task at his stage to build a national cheesecake brand that America or the world loves. By taking action he can take that insurmountable goal and make it possible by doing whatever it takes to get to that goal. Even if Eric never grows "Eric Cheesecakes" to a national brand while trying, that's okay, because the people he will meet and the things that he will do while trying to get there, will make his life so much more interesting and full of opportunity than if he just sat on the couch all day and watched Seinfeld for the 18th time. Eric is baking cheesecakes daily most likely, and he's probably selling them to the neighborhood. He has tried shipping cheesecakes and that's a good first step. He's got a long way to go and if he thinks bigger and acts on that, he'll have a very fulfilling journey, instead of having one wrought with should haves and could haves.

6. Everyman

Everyman Get To The Choppa! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $725
    I quoted you because your comments are great and I was right to do so, now I can see.

Nobody has never said it was for you. Hence my comment 'it's not personal'. I just valued your previous comment as being more constructive than 'average'.

It's great. I should have said it too. Everyone should cheer the guy (s), but the internet makes it so impersonal and awkward. Still, we can write 'great job' and follow with 'ok, it was a bit this and that (pricey / not perfectly executed), but you now have some feedback'. What I can see is a bit of 'he took action - bad, he didn't take action - bad...'.

I am being more selfish here (maybe?). So what a person in his shoes should do to overcome the obstacles / mental blocks? I am asking because I am similar and I also want to learn, but 'tough love' advice - 'take action' won't work...

Is there any technique that has helped you, provided you have had similar blocks in your life? Or daily exercise he / I can do to make it better?

Taking action i.e. 'go sell some cheesecake' - doesn't help in many instances.

ZF Lee likes this.
  7. ideasunlimited1

ideasunlimited1 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $359
    I hope Eric is staying motivated and finding the path he wants to fill. I would love to try his cheesecake someday. :)

Everyman likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.