Last Christmas, my best friend messaged me saying "Merry Christmas, but Christmas isn't so Merry when you aren't making 3k/month." I spent Christmas Day angry because my business wasn’t making any money yet.
For the past year, I would wake up every day furious about not having what I want. I would be ungrateful for everything, treat people with attitude, be miserable due to my "horrible" life, go to bed late feeling like shit, and repeat the cycle.
I kept setting new goals for myself:
Chasing is not the problem. I love striving for goals. The problem is telling yourself "I wont be happy until X" BULLSHIT! If you can't be happy RIGHT NOW, nothing external will ever be able to provide you long term happiness.
So, I reframed my attitude.
Instead of waking up and saying "I hate living in Toronto; I'll be happy when I wake up on an exotic island.” I now tell myself, "What a blessing to be in such a vibrant city of opportunity! People from war-torn countries and small villages would love to live here. I’ll make the most out of this blessing by pursuing my dreams with no regret!"
I approach things with love and gratitude rather than anger and discontentment. I'm 100X happier, I feel healthier, and more fulfilled.
Take time every day to be grateful for where you are. Live more in the NOW instead of in a future daydream. Chances are in a couple of years you’ll be looking back at today thinking “those were the good ol days”
Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present. Go make the most out of it!
For the past year, I would wake up every day furious about not having what I want. I would be ungrateful for everything, treat people with attitude, be miserable due to my "horrible" life, go to bed late feeling like shit, and repeat the cycle.
I kept setting new goals for myself:
- "I'm furious because I'm not at $3k/month!"
- "I'm furious because I'm not at $5k/month!"
- "I'm furious because I'm not at $10k/month!"
- "I'm furious because I don't have a girlfriend!"
- "I'm furious because I want a cuter girlfriend!"
- "I'm furious because I don't have my driver's license yet!"
- "I'm furious because I want a better car!"
Chasing is not the problem. I love striving for goals. The problem is telling yourself "I wont be happy until X" BULLSHIT! If you can't be happy RIGHT NOW, nothing external will ever be able to provide you long term happiness.
So, I reframed my attitude.
Instead of waking up and saying "I hate living in Toronto; I'll be happy when I wake up on an exotic island.” I now tell myself, "What a blessing to be in such a vibrant city of opportunity! People from war-torn countries and small villages would love to live here. I’ll make the most out of this blessing by pursuing my dreams with no regret!"
I approach things with love and gratitude rather than anger and discontentment. I'm 100X happier, I feel healthier, and more fulfilled.
Take time every day to be grateful for where you are. Live more in the NOW instead of in a future daydream. Chances are in a couple of years you’ll be looking back at today thinking “those were the good ol days”
Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present. Go make the most out of it!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
