• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Enhance, Davison, for licensing and prototype

Discussion in 'Product Creation, Inventing, Importing, Sourcing' started by Maggie E, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Maggie E

Maggie E New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $21
    I hope I don't get scolded for even mentioning these companies. As it might seem like I'm trying to short cut it. However, when your working 50hr+weeks and maintaining a household time is essential. Has anyone ever worked with these companies charging 8-15k for CAD 3D, Licensing, Patent, & prototype. They are saying the bonus is that they already have established relationships with large co. (home depot, Big 5 etc.). Is it worth it?

2. Walter Hay

Walter Hay Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $49,132
    I would steer clear of such opportunist companies. Just to show you how the risk is all yours, here's a quote from Davison's website: New product development is an uncertain endeavor and the use of Davison's services typically does not result in a license agreement, sales on any market or profit to the inventor.

Walter

iizu likes this.
  3. iizu

iizu Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $562
    1. Consider testing the markets with photo-realistic renderings of your products before making expensive physical products

2. 8-15k sounds way too much. You can find engineers from Upwork to design the product for you.

3. If your product is small enough, you can 3D-print it. Metal, plastic and variety of other materials

4. Use domestic manufacturers to make the prototype. Much faster and easier to communicate.

For example, I recently had a prototype made from steel by 3d printing. Cost me about 2k. I did the CAD-work by myself.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you need help with it.

Walter Hay likes this.