The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Empower people

Anything related to matters of the mind
D

Deleted78083

In his book "Zero to one", Peter Thiel explains that technologies that win are tech that empower people, not tech that replace them, and that one should therefore focus on helping and empowering people as a mission. I found that interesting and have been acting to empower people at my own scale ever since I read this book.

Fast forward to today, this morning precisely, when I showed a friend a new article I wrote on my blog and she showed me in exchange a painting she did. I was impressed, I didn't know she painted. Of course, my first thought was "you should sell your art". "What, she answered, people only want digital now. Nobody buys actual paintings nowadays". I told her she shouldn't say idiocies and asked if she knew Etsy. She didn't. Two hours later, she had an account and as I was bidding her good luck, I decided I'd be her first buyer.

She thought I was making fun of her at first. I wasn't. Hours later, I was the proud owner of a giraffe that sticks its tongue out. She couldn't believe she had actually sold one of her paintings, and kept on saying "wow, this is crazy".

God knows what will happen, but I was happy I had helped her, she was glad to see that her work could be worth money and whoever will buy her paintings will be glad to.

Empower people.

M.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You helped a friend. More than that, you helped her shatter a limiting belief. Great work.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
In his book "Zero to one", Peter Thiel explains that technologies that win are tech that empower people, not tech that replace them, and that one should therefore focus on helping and empowering people as a mission. I found that interesting and have been acting to empower people at my own scale ever since I read this book.

Fast forward to today, this morning precisely, when I showed a friend a new article I wrote on my blog and she showed me in exchange a painting she did. I was impressed, I didn't know she painted. Of course, my first thought was "you should sell your art". "What, she answered, people only want digital now. Nobody buys actual paintings nowadays". I told her she shouldn't say idiocies and asked if she knew Etsy. She didn't. Two hours later, she had an account and as I was bidding her good luck, I decided I'd be her first buyer.

She thought I was making fun of her at first. I wasn't. Hours later, I was the proud owner of a giraffe that sticks its tongue out. She couldn't believe she had actually sold one of her paintings, and kept on saying "wow, this is crazy".

God knows what will happen, but I was happy I had helped her, she was glad to see that her work could be worth money and whoever will buy her paintings will be glad to.

Empower people.

M.
Good for you! And very good point. Don’t just help people, empower them.

PS: I removed your first sentence. It reads much better without you putting yourself down. Don’t be embarrassed to post something empowering.

D

Deleted78083

PS: I removed your first sentence. It reads much better without you putting yourself down. Don’t be embarrassed to post something empowering.

Ok, thank you : )

I just don't want to appear as an arrogant person drawing lessons out of his own actions, nor do I like writing posts with "me, me, me". But I thought this one was worth it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raul V.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 5, 2020
New York

Empower people.

M.
FREAKING AWESOME

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!